Meeting for Dtrat-O-Matic Baseball

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Platinum member
Default Meeting for Dtrat-O-Matic Baseball

There will be a meeting today (10:30 -Tuesday, Feb 7) at Sterling Heights, with plans to start a Strat-o-Matic baseball league. Those interested feel free to stop in and throw opinions around. Although nothing is definite yet, we intend to use players from the 1958 season. Have a chance to manage players like Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Rocky Colivito, Jackie Jensen (MVP) Al Kaline, Willie Mays, Arron,Banks, Orlando Cepeda, Spahn, Robin Roberts, Whitey Ford, etc.

There are those who are interested in playing with the current players. This meeting should set a direction the league will go.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Platinum member

Please tell me more about this game. Sounds like something good for my "couch potato" over here! He loves baseball!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
There will be a meeting today (10:30 -Tuesday, Feb 7) at Sterling Heights, with plans to start a Strat-o-Matic baseball league. Those interested feel free to stop in and throw opinions around. Although nothing is definite yet, we intend to use players from the 1958 season. Have a chance to manage players like Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Rocky Colivito, Jackie Jensen (MVP) Al Kaline, Willie Mays, Arron,Banks, Orlando Cepeda, Spahn, Robin Roberts, Whitey Ford, etc.

There are those who are interested in playing with the current players. This meeting should set a direction the league will go.
Hi Tom,

Stll a few years away from retirement and moving to The Villages < I hope>. Can you explain to us what the computer version is? I liked the roll the dice board game. And the communal aspect of getting together with my friends.
Thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Platinum member

It is a highly strategist baseball game. IT is great managing the ball players from the time when the game wasn't so much of a business. We draft a team and we manage it during the season. VERY real like statistics. For a baseball fan, it is a great game. Andy, another player has never played before. The season will start in late February. If your hubby goes to Strat-o-Matic.com he can learn more about the game. We do have only three players but four player make it more interesting. We hope to have many teams in the future once word spreads and maybe have a room at one of the rec centers. As of now, the master plan is for the home team to host the visiting team at his house. If he's interested we can meet somewhere and I can explain it further.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badminton View Post
Hi Tom,

Stll a few years away from retirement and moving to The Villages < I hope>. Can you explain to us what the computer version is? I liked the roll the dice board game. And the communal aspect of getting together with my friends.
Thanks!
I played the dice game for years before the computer version came out. The computer version does it all. Keeps stats, keeps track of wins and losses, makes a schedule etc. If you go to Strat-o-matic.com you can read all about it.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Default I used to play APBA baseball

both the dice and computer version. I was familiar with Strat-O-Matic game have never played it. I might be interested in learning more about it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.