Men’s Room ...Ladies Room

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2020, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I do not understan d why this would be a problem. If it's aroom with one toilet and sink and locks why would anyone care?
How would you know without opening the door?
Old 02-24-2020, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
My question is why is it unacceptable? If you are at a party at a neighbor's home everyone uses the same bathroom.
Yes. Why is it okay at home but not anywhere else? I think the problem is we are just used to different bathrooms from the Victorian era.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

I think any man who has to wait for a woman to use the "mens' room" should be grateful. It means the toilet seat has _probably_ been wiped off, by the woman, before she sat down on it.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I think any man who has to wait for a woman to use the "mens' room" should be grateful. It means the toilet seat has _probably_ been wiped off, by the woman, before she sat down on it.
Or it's real wet because she didn't sit down on it!
Old 02-24-2020, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Getting very puzzling out there. Was Eating in 5 Guys Brownwood and headed for the Mens Room. There was a lady standing outside both rooms which are adjacent to each other. I went to enter the Men’s Room and the lady gave me a look and said “there is a line”. But there were no men on the “line”, only her. I was taken aback by her remark but held back commenting because it was “in use” and I went on my way. I thought to myself that I would NEVER, EVER attempt to enter a Ladies Room but it appears some attitudes and rules have changed? This is dangerous territory especially for women if this becomes normalized. Under some rare and really crowded circumstances, I could see the desire to share these facilities but I think women in particular should be careful in mainstreaming this. Be careful what you wish for. It could get dangerous.
Tons and tons of assumptions in the OP.

You should have in inquired "what she meant" and saved all these folks postin.

You assume it was a unisex situation. You have no idea what she meant...maybe hubby was in the men's room.

Facts could have saved folks on here having agita. Saving all our resident "judges" time, maybe.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I'm anxious to hear a cogent defense...of that fact.
Home bathrooms are used by people you know. Public bathrooms are used by strangers, perhaps with bad intentions. A man entering a woman’s public restroom would be a tip-off of those bad intentions.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Home bathrooms are used by people you know. Public bathrooms are used by strangers, perhaps with bad intentions. A man entering a woman’s public restroom would be a tip-off of those bad intentions.
Some years ago we were vacationing in Trinidad. It was during Carnival and things were pretty wild. My wife went into the hotel ladies room while I stood outside the elevator and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a man entering the ladies room after my wife. I notified security who responded immediately and took the man, who clearly had bad intentions, into custody. Had this been a case were all genders were welcome to use any bathroom, things would certainly have turned out differently.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
My question is why is it unacceptable? If you are at a party at a neighbor's home everyone uses the same bathroom.
You got it!!!! You made a perfectly valid point with this statement. Single stall public restrooms are available to everyone IMHO, especially when there is a long line at one restroom and the other restroom is not occupied.

I have found single stall public men's rooms are not usually as clean as women's rooms but, as a woman, there is a way to get around that. Ladies, you know what to do! The floor in a public single stall men's room can be a mine field but hey, you do what you gotta do. Hubby usually let's me know what kind of condition the men's room is in if the ladies room has a very long line.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
My wife or daughters or granddaughters would NEVER wipe a toilet seat soiled by a man. NEVER!! That is one reason why separate ladies rooms are preferred by most women.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There aren't urinals at the neighbors house.
But there is always a toilet in a public single stall men's room. It doesn't matter to me if there is a urinal in the same single stall restroom. I know someone who had a urinal installed in their home with a husband and two son's.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

There have been many times when I leave the room and see a long line of ladies waiting I will offer to stand guard at the door while they use the men's room. It's a non issue for me......and hopefully it will be more common as the next generations move us old folks and our silly ways out of the way.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-24-2020, 07:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
But, but, but.....women don't usually sit on those seats. As I said before, there is a way to manage that and most women know how to do that efficiently.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Or it's real wet because she didn't sit down on it!
I have mastered how to not get a drop on the seat!
Old 02-24-2020, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Depends?
Old 02-24-2020, 09:34 PM
Sage

The first time I encountered "unisex" bathrooms was in Paris 30 years ago. Made me feel uncomfortable and I still feel that way. That is not to say that women's restrooms are clean. They can be really nasty, made especially so by those who don't want to sit for fear of picking up germs and also don't want to raise the seat, again for fear of picking up germs, but don't mind spraying their germs all over for the next occupant to deal with.
Closed Thread

Tags
room, enter, dangerous, men’s, lady

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.