Men’s Room ...Ladies Room

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2020, 05:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Okay, I'll bite. What agenda are you talking about?
I asked that last night.................
Steve
Old 02-26-2020, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
I asked that last night.................
Steve
I just went back and reread the OP...... I'll be damned if I see an agenda. I also didn't see single use or lock in the first 4 posts. Then it started to go down hill.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Then it started to go down hill.
It always does
Old 02-26-2020, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
I just went back and reread the OP...... I'll be damned if I see an agenda. I also didn't see single use or lock in the first 4 posts. Then it started to go down hill.
Good point although I haven't been there in a long time IIRC the restrooms in 5 Guys are both single use with lock. The OP just seemed to have left that out but it did seem so from the post. Probably would have helped this thread if it was more specific. Nahhh, it wouldn't have helped since it's a rainy day in The Villages.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
You are correct, that was added by those who try to avoid addressing the real issue. Men’s Rooms are for Men and Ladies Rooms are for ladies. Disobeying signs is disobeying signs. There is no Agenda other than that. Society was OK with that for at least 100 years or more. No need to change now. Case closed.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
You are correct, that was added by those who try to avoid addressing the real issue. Men’s Rooms are for Men and Ladies Rooms are for ladies. Disobeying signs is disobeying signs. There is no Agenda other than that. Society was OK with that for at least 100 years or more. No need to change now. Case closed.
Society was also OK with separate black & white drinking fountains, slavery and women not allowed to vote. The times do change. Sometimes one has to just accept change. I find that more difficult as I grow older but that's life.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Good point although I haven't been there in a long time IIRC the restrooms in 5 Guys are both single use with lock. The OP just seemed to have left that out but it did seem so from the post. Probably would have helped this thread if it was more specific. Nahhh, it wouldn't have helped since it's a rainy day in The Villages.
I don't think the OP left anything out..... he posted what he wanted to post (maybe not what others wanted him to post) and part of that post was he never went in the restroom. "it was “in use” and I went on my way" is exactly what he said. I have never been it that Mens Room and certainly not in the Womans Room there. I'm not a stall counter..... but like the OP , I am a sign reader and a rule follower. How it got turned into this Playhouse 90 is beyond me. But that's TOTV.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:47 PM

Thirty years ago we had an beautiful exchange student from Spain staying with us at our home in small town Bryan, Ohio. Mercedes was often sent home from high school by the assistant principal because her clothes, hardly different from her classmates', were too revealing. She used a one-stall men's room at a local fast food joint, and the police were waiting for her when she came out.

They let her go with a warning.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondvu2 View Post
I personally prefer not to use the men's room as us ladies have to sit on the seat and sometimes the men (no offense) miss where they are aiming! Ladies rooms should be for Ladies and Men's rooms for Men!

I love you!!!
Old 02-26-2020, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Okay, I'll bite. What agenda are you talking about?
Read post #159 and the obvious attitude toward women.

It's self-explanatory and there's even...a word for it.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Society was also OK with separate black & white drinking fountains, slavery and women not allowed to vote. The times do change. Sometimes one has to just accept change. I find that more difficult as I grow older but that's life.
No need for changes when we already have “Rest Room Equality” with Men’s Rooms and Ladies Rooms. Gender separation is very commonplace in our Society in Locker Rooms, Showers, Steam Rooms and yes, Rest Rooms. No ones rights are being violated as they were in the atrocious examples you cited. If there is a strong desire for gender sharing restrooms, the way to approach it would be to lobby authorities and not Willy Nilly invade the facilities of the other gender without their permission. So far there has not been such a movement. Perhaps you can lead the way and accomplish what you want the right way instead of trying to force your singular views on others by lecturing the rest of us to “accept change” when what you really mean is to accept YOUR changes without the participation of all Villagers.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Read post #159 and the obvious attitude toward women.

It's self-explanatory and there's even...a word for it.
I re-read it. Sounds like you don’t have any faith in women to solve their own issues without bring men into the picture. The majority of us are really past making such assumptions.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:35 PM
Gold member

I still don't see what post #159 has to do with an "agenda"
Steve
Old 02-26-2020, 10:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
No need for changes when we already have “Rest Room Equality” with Men’s Rooms and Ladies Rooms. Gender separation is very commonplace in our Society in Locker Rooms, Showers, Steam Rooms and yes, Rest Rooms. No ones rights are being violated as they were in the atrocious examples you cited. If there is a strong desire for gender sharing restrooms, the way to approach it would be to lobby authorities and not Willy Nilly invade the facilities of the other gender without their permission. So far there has not been such a movement. Perhaps you can lead the way and accomplish what you want the right way instead of trying to force your singular views on others by lecturing the rest of us to “accept change” when what you really mean is to accept YOUR changes without the participation of all Villagers.
Why am I "forcing" my views on anyone any more (or less) than you or anyone else posting in this thread is? Are only "special" people allowed to have an opinion different than yours here? Why is my opinion any better or worse than yours? Because I don't agree with you? How can I "force" it on you since you simply don't have accept it? You can think as you please as can I.

There is ALWAYS need for change. We may not like it but change happens. Even the "horrible" stuff I listed before, at that time people had to fight for the change because everyone accepted it as it was. The fact it is extreme has nothing to do with it. But "parking between the lines" really has nothing to do with changes in how we live our daily lives. Thing is, I NEVER said I disagreed with you, in fact I don't. Doesn't mean I can't accept change even if I am not happy with it.

Edit: If a woman p1ssing in a men's room (or vice versa) disturbs anyone so much they have the option to call the cops or not go in when s/he is done or go elsewhere or wear depends or just be upset and create a 200 page thread over it. Is it really something to be so incensed over? Many more important things to be concerned over here in The Villages like parking where one is not allowed or getting a Costco in The Villages or dogs pooping on someones lawn or driving a golf cart over 20mph. Keep smiling and don't drink to much liquids.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 02-26-2020 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You miss the point. It is not that toilets are different in ladies and men’s rooms. They are not. At home, I can be assured that my wife or I will not be assaulted in my bathroom but allowing men unquestioned entrance to a public ladies room where they can hide, yes even in a single use bathroom, is very dangerous. Spotting a man Entering a ladies room should send an alarm but mainstreaming it will not. Obey the signs on the doors. It’s that simple and it has worked for decades. Not broke...don’t fix.
So advising law abiding gentlemen who really have a need not to use a one toilet bathroom will stop male criminals from attacking women? Who knew? I bet if we take guns from law abiding citizens that will stop criminals from shooting people also.
Closed Thread

Tags
room, enter, dangerous, men’s, lady

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.