Men’s Room ...Ladies Room

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2020, 10:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,456 Times in 3,087 Posts

True story: my first year of college, in a dorm of 30 complete and total strangers I knew nothing about. It was not only a co-ed dorm, but there were only 4 bathrooms that weren't part of a semi-private suite on the top floor. So around 20 of us shared 4 bathrooms. Strangely enough we managed. There was no womens' room or mens' room. If we heard the shower running, we'd call loudly to find out who was in it. If a guy answered when I knocked on the door, I'd yell that I'd come back later. Soon as he was out, I went in. If it was a woman, I'd tell her I'm coming in to use the toilet, or brush my teeth, or whatever.

Eventually it stopped mattering, but we were all adults and could handle a little awkwardness the first week of school.

Not a single one of them attempted to molest any of the others, or feel threatened by any of the others.

This whole "omg a man in a woman's bathroom is gonna molest mah babbeh" stuff is just paranoia. Even in shared bathrooms with individual toilet stalls, there's really nothing to worry about except MAYBE an 8-year-old boy peeking under the stall in a woman's bathroom, and giggling because he sees Susie perched on the toilet.

Trauma, it isn't.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
So advising law abiding gentlemen who really have a need not to use a one toilet bathroom will stop male criminals from attacking women? Who knew? I bet if we take guns from law abiding citizens that will stop criminals from shooting people also.
Nice to be clairvoyant but if I saw a man entering a woman’s bathroom , would immediately report it to authorities which is what I did years ago while in Trinidad. Security took the man into custody. My wife and I both believe that action saved her from being sexually assaulted.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
True story: my first year of college, in a dorm of 30 complete and total strangers I knew nothing about. It was not only a co-ed dorm, but there were only 4 bathrooms that weren't part of a semi-private suite on the top floor. So around 20 of us shared 4 bathrooms. Strangely enough we managed. There was no womens' room or mens' room. If we heard the shower running, we'd call loudly to find out who was in it. If a guy answered when I knocked on the door, I'd yell that I'd come back later. Soon as he was out, I went in. If it was a woman, I'd tell her I'm coming in to use the toilet, or brush my teeth, or whatever.

Eventually it stopped mattering, but we were all adults and could handle a little awkwardness the first week of school.

Not a single one of them attempted to molest any of the others, or feel threatened by any of the others.

This whole "omg a man in a woman's bathroom is gonna molest mah babbeh" stuff is just paranoia. Even in shared bathrooms with individual toilet stalls, there's really nothing to worry about except MAYBE an 8-year-old boy peeking under the stall in a woman's bathroom, and giggling because he sees Susie perched on the toilet.

Trauma, it isn't.
Nice way to live however the discussion here involves public facilities and not private dorms where all students are registered. For my money living under those conditions would be unacceptable although I did shower in a stall with seven other people at the same time and sat next to five others inches apart on toilets without any barriers, we were all of the same gender and being 17 and in the Military with no other choice, somehow I lived through it. But those same conditions would be completely unacceptable to most people, including me, today. But this too is way off topic.

It seems easier to just obey the signs.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

Trauma, it isn't.

I am not a homophobe nor am I concerned with gender of any kind but I do think the man and woman signs are fine and see no reason for anyone to get their pink or blue knickers in a hitch to change them in order to appear kinder and more superior to others. You can't legislate kindness or acceptance and the ones who carry banners about bullying on this forum are often the most angry people looking to shout down others based on the others inferior assessment of the universe.

We cannot make people more sensitive by being harsh and mean. Most people are born with recognizable genitalia but many people have mannerisms and behavior that do not mesh with their equipment. No one likes to be looked down on. A lot of things dealt to us at birth are not a choice.

I don't think any of our very complicated problems about gender can be solved by changing the mens and ladies signs on bathrooms.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-27-2020 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Alternative suggestions to long line up at restrooms when you really have to go? Anybody?

As a brand new, inexperienced teacher, I remember asking one of my grade 2 students to wait a couple of minutes to use the restroom due to a certain situation. This child did not like to be told what to do, he pulled down his pants and went under his desk. Other teachers told me he had a habit of doing this. I sometimes wonder what he does now as an adult.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:05 AM
Default It should not matter. Single occupancy RR is fine. Signs should just read: “Restroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr22 View Post
i do not understan d why this would be a problem. If it's aroom with one toilet and sink and locks why would anyone care?
i agree completly.
Signs should just read: “restroom.”
Old 02-27-2020, 09:18 AM
Talking Exactly,

OH Sorry, I left the seat up.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:21 AM

For single use restrooms, it should not matter. Sign should read: “RESTROOM.” Anyone can use either. Sometimes people with conditions or urgency cannot wait !!! Please understand that. Leave them alone. Better than they have an accident on the floor while waiting.
If there are two single use RR side by side, just let the person use whichever is empty. Take down the men & women signs. Put up Restroom instead !
No problems. I have seen in large restrooms all over where people have gone into either gender’s side when there were long lines. They could NOT wait. It was URGENT “or else.”
Understand? Please be considerate and compassionate.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtacba View Post
i agree completly.
Signs should just read: “restroom.”
But they don’t. So please obey the signs. You don’t get to decide which signs to obey and which signs to disregard. It creates chaos especially for others who follow the rules.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:33 AM

Just let anyone enter a single use RR. Take down the signs and just put up a RESTROOM sign.
True story: Here 30 years. Was at McD’s on 466A. Suddenly had to go. Men’s room full. Ran into Ladies Room. Friend who was with me stood outside the door until I was out. Had I not done that, it would have been a severe diarrhea accident on the floor requiring the place to shut down!
No one would want that disaster.
So, please be considerate and understanding ! Thanks!
Old 02-27-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
You miss the point. It is not that toilets are different in ladies and men’s rooms. They are not. At home, I can be assured that my wife or I will not be assaulted in my bathroom but allowing men unquestioned entrance to a public ladies room where they can hide, yes even in a single use bathroom, is very dangerous. Spotting a man Entering a ladies room should send an alarm but mainstreaming it will not. Obey the signs on the doors. It’s that simple and it has worked for decades. Not broke...don’t fix.[
But.....you are missing the point. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Most women will not go into a single toilet men's room if there is a reasonable line for the ladies room. However.....if and when a women has to REALLY go, the line for the ladies room is 10 deep and there is NO LINE for the single toilet men's room, why not use the available men's room? That truly is a no brainer.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:44 AM

LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE. Single use restrooms should not matter. Many times the need is urgent. “Any port in a storm.” Better than having an accident of urine or diarrhea on the floor.
Please understand that people with medical conditions sometimes just CANNOT wait. Please show compassion and empathy. See my explanation further down on here.
Peace !
Old 02-27-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Pure baloney as far as a single use restroom, with a lock, being any less safe for women, than say...a parking lot.

Anyone with even half a brain, can see exactly...what the real agenda is here.

Esplain, Lucy!
Old 02-27-2020, 09:48 AM

PLEASE READ MY REPLY , #190, DOWN BELOW.
THANKS.
What should I have done? Suggestions?
Old 02-27-2020, 09:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I am a woman, I have used men's rooms, when it was a single seater. Sometimes someone goes into a lady's room and seems to never come out. If the men's room next door is empty, why not use it? What difference does it make? I thought I had read every possible complaint and yet...... here's a new one. It's a bathroom, it doesn't matter who uses it, as long as there aren't multiple stalls.
Oh my gosh, YES!!! I forgot about that scenario. I'm standing there with my legs crossed, next to go into the single toilet Ladies restroom and the door is still locked and no one comes out. That has happened to me a few times. What do I do? I use the single use men's room. DONE!

Tags
room, enter, dangerous, men’s, lady

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.