Men’s Room ...Ladies Room

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
Men waiting in line outside a Mens room that’s in use, door unlocks and a woman comes out. Men look but don’t say a word and the next in line goes in. Now, women waiting in line outside a Ladies room that’s in use, door unlocks and a man comes out. His funeral is tomorrow. ;-)
Not really, but that is funny! We have all come to realize, as long as we have lived on this earth, that if there is going to be a line outside of a single toilet restroom, it will most assuredly be outside the ladies room. It is quite odd to see a man leaving the ladies room than vice versa. It is what it is.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

common sense usually goes a long way, even on this subject!
Old 02-27-2020, 09:54 AM
Default HEY, everyone...

Please read my reply, #190 below, and advise.
What should I have done?
What would You have done?
Not a joke. Serious.
Thanks!
Old 02-27-2020, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtacba View Post
Just let anyone enter a single use RR. Take down the signs and just put up a RESTROOM sign.
True story: Here 30 years. Was at McD’s on 466A. Suddenly had to go. Men’s room full. Ran into Ladies Room. Friend who was with me stood outside the door until I was out. Had I not done that, it would have been a severe diarrhea accident on the floor requiring the place to shut down!
No one would want that disaster.
So, please be considerate and understanding ! Thanks!
TMI
Old 02-27-2020, 09:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
For single use restrooms, it should not matter. Sign should read: “RESTROOM.” Anyone can use either. Sometimes people with conditions or urgency cannot wait !!! Please understand that. Leave them alone. Better than they have an accident on the floor while waiting.
If there are two single use RR side by side, just let the person use whichever is empty. Take down the men & women signs. Put up Restroom instead !
No problems. I have seen in large restrooms all over where people have gone into either gender’s side when there were long lines. They could NOT wait. It was URGENT “or else.”
Understand? Please be considerate and compassionate.

������
To solve a problem it has to be defined. Why is it that there is a line for one restroom so the other restroom has to be used? Until you know the answer to this question, no solution can be had. In the meantime, obey the signs. They are there for a reason. The situation you describe is indeed very rare and we should not be changing the norms of society ...our many signs....based upon exceptional events. I am sure that if an urgent request was made, it would be honored by most if not all of the people involved.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Please read my reply, #190 below, and advise.
What should I have done?
What would You have done?
Not a joke. Serious.
Thanks!
Hate to answer a question with a question...... but if both were occupied what would you have done?

Also:
There is a big difference in having an "emergency situation" once in awhile and wanting the world to be "gender neutral" which is what I'm thinking is the agenda with some posters.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
To solve a problem it has to be defined. Why is it that there is a line for one restroom so the other restroom has to be used? Until you know the answer to this question, no solution can be had. In the meantime, obey the signs. They are there for a reason. The situation you describe is indeed very rare and we should not be changing the norms of society ...our many signs....based upon exceptional events. I am sure that if an urgent request was made, it would be honored by most if not all of the people involved.
I thought I wrote a sensible and kind and open minded answer on here but it didn't stay. I am not for changing the signs. I will say again, changing the signs will not change people's ideas and thoughts.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am not a homophobe nor am I concerned with gender of any kind but I do think the man and woman signs are fine and see no reason for anyone to get their pink or blue knickers in a hitch to change them in order to appear kinder and more superior to others. You can't legislate kindness or acceptance and the ones who carry banners about bullying on this forum are often the most angry people looking to shout down others based on the others inferior assessment of the universe.

We cannot make people more sensitive by being harsh and mean. Most people are born with recognizable genitalia but many people have mannerisms and behavior that do not mesh with their equipment. No one likes to be looked down on. A lot of things dealt to us at birth are not a choice.

I don't think any of our very complicated problems about gender can be solved by changing the mens and ladies signs on bathrooms.
Oh. It didn't disappear. I get my feelings hurt too easily.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Just let anyone enter a single use RR. Take down the signs and just put up a RESTROOM sign.
True story: Here 30 years. Was at McD’s on 466A. Suddenly had to go. Men’s room full. Ran into Ladies Room. Friend who was with me stood outside the door until I was out. Had I not done that, it would have been a severe diarrhea accident on the floor requiring the place to shut down!
It sounds like your problem was handled properly. So why change the signs that most people, by their acceptance of signs on Restrooms for a hundred years, because you had to go one time in MacDonalds.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

It is time to remove gender signs on single stall rest rooms with locks. It is absurd to have several people waiting in line for one rest room when the other is empty. This is the 21st century. Things change.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:11 AM
Gold member

[QUOTE=emtacba;1722104]
Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Getting very puzzling out there. Was Eating in 5 Guys.......>>>

PLEASE READ MY POST, #190, and ADVISE. THANKS.
There are products on the market to handle such events for folks with conditions such as yours. Societal norms, like signs for example, are not changed because one person does not think they are appropriate.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:12 AM

I would have run outside in the bushes. Emergency! You do what you gotta do.
Look at NYC and SF and elsewhere: the streets are now public toilets.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Burger King does it to me! And I'm not even going to talk about Taco Bell......
Old 02-27-2020, 10:17 AM

There are NO products on the market that could handle such a HUGE elimination. You do NOT understand. Depends might help with urine. Not able to contain diarrheal feces.
People need to be informed and the ignorance about fecal incontinence must stop. Sorry to be so clinical but people need to know.
With single use RR , it should not matter.
Peace!
Old 02-27-2020, 10:20 AM
Default See my post #190. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr22 View Post
it is time to remove gender signs on single stall rest rooms with locks. It is absurd to have several people waiting in line for one rest room when the other is empty. This is the 21st century. Things change.
you are totally correct.
Closed Thread

Tags
room, enter, dangerous, men’s, lady

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.