Merill Lynch advice

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2021, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts
Default Merill Lynch advice

Looking for advice for a Merrill Lynch adviser to use while we’re in Florida. Not looking to change to another company, just looking for recommendations for Merrill Lynch advisor that you are working with and are very happy.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Looking for advice for a Merrill Lynch adviser to use while we’re in Florida. Not looking to change to another company, just looking for recommendations for Merrill Lynch advisor that you are working with and are very happy.
Not sure I understand your post. If, you are happy with your current advisor and are a temporary Villager, surely you can continue to use the advisor you have been happy with.
If, you are unhappy with your advisor, you can surely request another advisor. If, you are happy with your advisor but want a local Villager advisor, I would ask your current advisor, they either know who is good or can find out for you.
Old 11-28-2021, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

Anthony Gould (The Palmer Group 352-350-2706). A young man (so he'll be around a long time).
When we were first married I had a Merrill Lynch advisor, he lost me so much money I swore I would never use them again.
Anthony was giving talks about social security at the Village school and I attended. I was so impressed that I decided to trust him with a small amount of my portfolio. That was 6-7 years ago. Now his maintains 90% of it (the rest I play with).
Old 11-28-2021, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Not sure I understand your post. If, you are happy with your current advisor and are a temporary Villager, surely you can continue to use the advisor you have been happy with.
If, you are unhappy with your advisor, you can surely request another advisor. If, you are happy with your advisor but want a local Villager advisor, I would ask your current advisor, they either know who is good or can find out for you.

ditto what he said....
we all spoke with our advisors over the phone during Covid....
Old 11-28-2021, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Anthony Gould (The Palmer Group 352-350-2706). A young man (so he'll be around a long time).
When we were first married I had a Merrill Lynch advisor, he lost me so much money I swore I would never use them again.
Anthony was giving talks about social security at the Village school and I attended. I was so impressed that I decided to trust him with a small amount of my portfolio. That was 6-7 years ago. Now his maintains 90% of it (the rest I play with).
As it s said a rising tide raises all boats. The past 6-7 years actually 10-15 years the stock market has been up. "He lost me so much money," was he good? The question to ask is did you loose less than the S&P index?

We are easily lulled into thinking the market only goes up. That also applies to real estate. Except when they don't.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Suggest you post this in the Investment Talk section - you might get more knowledgeable recommendations.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:16 PM
Veteran member

We use Douglas Reeb or Chad? at Merrill Lynch. Like both.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Our guy in Michigan handles our day to day. However when we need to deposit large checks in TV it’s a bit*** to wire it or send check back to Michigan. He suggested we set up a base savings with ML, in TV, then monies can be deposited local, and moved when needed. With today’s issues, he felt it best to deal local. Our guy could only recommend someone in Tampa, which is farther than I wanted to drive.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:07 AM
Default Stick with Who you Have

I've made three moves in the United States and have kept the same RBC advisor. It is easy to stay with same advisor and work together via telephone and Zoom.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

I have Merrill Lynch here in Lake Sumter. Very happy with their service and keeping an eye on my investments. My brokers name is Clay and I meet with him in the office every 3 months and we go over my portfolio.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:27 AM

Clay Palmer - been using him for the last 6 years.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
As it s said a rising tide raises all boats. The past 6-7 years actually 10-15 years the stock market has been up. "He lost me so much money," was he good? The question to ask is did you loose less than the S&P index?

We are easily lulled into thinking the market only goes up. That also applies to real estate. Except when they don't.
That was back in the early 70s, we were young and no one taught us about stocks.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:44 AM
Default Advisor

Quote:
I live here but my advisor is Julie Hyde in Overland Park, Ks because that’s where we moved here from. She is an excellent advisor with Merrill. We got her several years ago when I told Merrill if they couldn’t give me an advisor that could communicate with his clients……..that’s when they had Julie get with us and we have not regretted it even once in the last 12 years. There is a Merrill advisor at the Bank of America on 466 but We don’t have a relationship with him. Her number is 913-906-5209. At the very least she could get you in touch with a good advisor here. She is very honest and cares about her clients. Anyway good luck!
Old 11-29-2021, 11:44 AM
Default Merrill Lynch (ML) Advice

There are two forms of ML. ML the brokerage firm and Merrill Edge (ME).

They are both owned by Bank of America (BoA). I have an ME account. I deposit money to my BoA checking and transfer any amount to ME. I imagine the same holds true if you have a ML account.

Next step is to link your account with a BoA account. You may also use Citizens First Bank, here in The Villages. The have transfer capability to any financial institution.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,125 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFoxRick View Post
I've made three moves in the United States and have kept the same RBC advisor. It is easy to stay with same advisor and work together via telephone and Zoom.
I also kept our same adviser in Wisconsin for the 6 years we been here full time.
If we make a trip up there, we also make sure we set a meeting then.

If you check with advisors up north, we'll find many of their clients retire in Florida,
and stay with the northern advisor and keep in contact by phone.

RMD money is transferred into our bank account every year.

BTW, our advisor recommended adding the "lady bird" statement to our will.
Closed Thread

Tags
lynch, advice, merrill, advisor, merill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.