Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up opens 3/23 at Bay Street Players

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Default Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up opens 3/23 at Bay Street Players

Hi All

Folks from the Villages make up a high percentage of our audiences at Bay Street Players, and we have something
else good for you starting today (3-23).

"Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?" is a high energy musical full of talent.

A delightful,
warm-hearted
musical comedy!

This funny coming-of-age show explores the trials and tribulations of attending Catholic school in the 1950s.

Focusing on eight children during their elementary and high school years, it captures the funniest aspects of youthful growing pains and the trying moments of adolescence.

Featuring a hysterical and heartwarming score. Every number tickles the funny bone of anyone who ever went to school, public or private.

A wistful journey of friendship.

See www.baystreetplayers.org for more info or call the box office - 352-357-7777

Best wishes to all

Elmo Adams
Old 03-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Founder
Default Re: Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up opens 3/23 at Bay Street Players

Elmo,

Thanks for posting. My wife Amity and I and our friends have been to several of yours plays and thoroughly enjoyed them. We received our tickets today for ".........reflect up." Looking forward to it. :2cool: op:
Old 03-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Default Re: Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up opens 3/23 at Bay Street Players

I'm with St Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church. We're in the early stages of planning to have the show "Late Night Catechism." Have you seen it, and would you go to see it again?
Old 03-24-2007, 03:03 PM

No, I was not aware of Late Night Catechism until you wrote of it.

Online reviews are generally favorable.

It is a one-woman show so it succeeds or fails based on the skill of that actress.

It sounds like a good time to me. At least part of proceeds go to aid
retired nuns.

Best of luck.

Elmo Adams
Old 03-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Default Re: Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up opens 3/23 at Bay Street Pla

We saw this show in Chicago many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it! My husband and I are both products of the Catholic school system from elementary through college -- we remembered (fondly) all the nuances of being taught by the Franciscan Sisters and the Jesuit Brothers!!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Founder

I really really enjoyed the play. Having gone to catholic school, I laughed and laughed. It was well done. If you have not seen it, please plan to do so.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:46 PM

What an enjoyable play! The talent was great, both the acting and the singing. I would highly recommend it!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.