Michael Bolton 8/20

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Callaway Guy
Default Michael Bolton 8/20

The Michael Bolton concert last night at The Performing Arts Center was awesome. Well, except for the two drunk women that were 5 seats down to my right. I finally got my phone out and took several pics of them and threatened to post them to TOTV and Facebook and amazingly, that shut them up. I had several "thank you's" after I did that; why don't more people speak up if something like that is bothering them?

Anyway, Michael Bolton was great, his band was great and The Performing Arts Center is a real nice place.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:06 AM
Gold member

Oh just saw this. Thanks for the review and also for your actions withe the two ladies!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway Guy View Post
The Michael Bolton concert last night at The Performing Arts Center was awesome. Well, except for the two drunk women that were 5 seats down to my right. I finally got my phone out and took several pics of them and threatened to post them to TOTV and Facebook and amazingly, that shut them up. I had several "thank you's" after I did that; why don't more people speak up if something like that is bothering them?

Anyway, Michael Bolton was great, his band was great and The Performing Arts Center is a real nice place.

A very sincere answer from me would be that I was taught that confronting someone for bad conduct if I didn't have the authority to do so, (parent, teacher, boss) was bad manners. And common sense tells me that indeed you were lucky it went so well.

The old line..."And that's when the fight started"....comes to mind. Most people don't know they are drunk and are convinced they are entertaining, appropriate, witty and attractive.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:23 AM

I went to see Michael Bolton perform at The Sharon last night also. Fortunately for my husband and me there were no distractions. The show was one of the best I've attended. I feel so fortunate to live in The Villages.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Callaway Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
A very sincere answer from me would be that I was taught that confronting someone for bad conduct if I didn't have the authority to do so, (parent, teacher, boss) was bad manners. And common sense tells me that indeed you were lucky it went so well.

The old line..."And that's when the fight started"....comes to mind. Most people don't know they are drunk and are convinced they are entertaining, appropriate, witty and attractive.
If the fight would have started, I would have turned Ms. Callaway loose on them . They were attractive, but entertaining, appropriate and witty - not. I think the posse of ladies with them were embarrassed also.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Veteran member

Sorry I saw your thread and couldn't help but to think of Office Space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BaMx_n2_hM
Old 08-21-2015, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

The issue for me is that we go to those shows with certain expectations, the primary one is to enjoy the show. Since the ushers will not intervene and The Sharon has no desire to control anything the audience wants to do, I applaud anyone that is willing to step up and try and help for the greater good. We have a tendency in our senior years, to sit back and take abuse from others. The show was one of the best at The Sharon if not the best and if it returns to TV will go see it again. Props to Amanda Brown.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Times have changed for Michael Bolotin. That's him on the left with his rock band BlackJack. They released two albums in 1979 and 1980 without any success he changed his music direction.

The Villages Florida

Before Blackjack, he released two solo albums in the 70's.

The Villages Florida
Old 08-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Callaway Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
The issue for me is that we go to those shows with certain expectations, the primary one is to enjoy the show. Since the ushers will not intervene and The Sharon has no desire to control anything the audience wants to do, I applaud anyone that is willing to step up and try and help for the greater good. We have a tendency in our senior years, to sit back and take abuse from others. The show was one of the best at The Sharon if not the best and if it returns to TV will go see it again. Props to Amanda Brown.
Amanda Brown was great. Back to the concert - there are signs as you enter the doors about "no camera flashes", or something to that effect. And what did a lot of people do? Take pics with the flash. Why can't people abide by those requests and, if they want to drool over him, pull his pics up online? They're probably better quality than what they snapped. Anyhow, even with the occasional crap one has to put up with, life in The Villages is great.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway Guy View Post
y Anyhow, even with the occasional crap one has to put up with, life in The Villages is great.
that's true
Closed Thread

Tags
bolton, michael, great, center, arts, performing, people, that;, yous, speak, band, real, nice, place, 8/20, shut, concert, bothering, facebook, seats, awesome, drunk, women, finally, threatened

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.