Middleton: 12,500 New Homes- 25,000 Children & Teens?

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2022, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
I suspect, based on a statement by The Developer, that Eastport will be the true center of The Villages upon final build-out.

Looking closely in Vol 17 of the "Continuing The Dream" newspaper insert (available on TV's website under What's New and Continuing The Dream), on Page 2. There is a break-out text box labeled, "How Eastport Was Named." Starting on Line 7, the Developer writes, "Because this area of The Villages is central to the plans for the overall community..."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, or maybe they slipped in a glimpse of their (current) long term goals for the overall community.
We will be long gone before Eastport might be in the center of the Villages but as long as they can sell lots of homes why would they ever stop before they ran out of land to buy?
Old 09-27-2022, 01:55 PM

I didn't go through the 3 pages of comments. I read the first page. It's funny, but I always heard older folks when I was younger, asked to join the senior clubs back home, and their response would be.."I don't want to be with all those old people"! and I would always think, HELLO... you're old!!LOL My own mother would even say that! At this age now, you want a happy medium. I get it. Why I love The Villages is that you don't feel like you're at an old age community. I have visited Soooo many communities before buying in TV and some even felt like I was at a nursing facility. On the flip side, you also don't want a bunch of roudy teens, driving their parents golf carts and partying it up. But as far as the town squares, I would think most of the teens don't really want to be around us either!! LOL And someone mentioned the playgrounds in TV. being used by middleton residents. I'm sure more grandparents of TV will be bringing their grandchildren to those new playgrounds then the other way around. Look at it this way, maybe now the Villages will have to open Brownwood movie theater and think of the teenagers looking for part time jobs!
Old 09-27-2022, 03:04 PM

I’m not being facetious at all…. I love your ideas. I don’t need young people to take care of me. Piranha is correct spelling.
KEEP THEM ALL OUT!
Old 09-27-2022, 03:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,604 Times in 942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
The multi modal paths are not restricted. Our amenity fees do not give us the sole use of the paths I have seen people unload golf carts from outside the villages to have a Sunday drive. They are open to the public same as the squares. I know of no neighborhoods except possibly Orange blossom that allows children. Middleton will be part of The Villages and will be connected by the new bridge so hold onto your hats
Just because someone unloads a golf cart and uses the MMP, doesnt mean they are supposed to be on them.
The MMP are for TV residents, why do you think the developer doesnt connect them to commercial or residential real estate they didn’t develop.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
The multi modal paths are not restricted. Our amenity fees do not give us the sole use of the paths I have seen people unload golf carts from outside the villages to have a Sunday drive. They are open to the public same as the squares. I know of no neighborhoods except possibly Orange blossom that allows children. Middleton will be part of The Villages and will be connected by the new bridge so hold onto your hats
There are already 3 or 4 villages that are "family friendly"...

They were built with the same intent as Middleton. To provide housing for the people who help keep TV running...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-27-2022, 04:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
And still inadequate healthcare infrastructure to support even one more family. The so called planned hospital is still just a green field but no problem putting up schools instead real fast.
TV isn't building the hospital. They ARE, otoh, building the new schools...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-27-2022, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadcat View Post
I’m not being facetious at all…. I love your ideas. I don’t need young people to take care of me. Piranha is correct spelling.
KEEP THEM ALL OUT!
Who do you think cooks and serves you your food when you go out to eat?

Who do you think stocks the grocery stores where you shop for food?

Who do you think works at the Dr's offices you visit?

Who do you think mows your lawn, services your golf cart, does your electrical, plumbing and irrigation work?

Pro tip: It's not the retirees in TV...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-27-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Where did the 12,500 family units come from? That's the size of CDD15 (55+ communities), the Middleton A CDD is only about 3000 family homes.
Don - I know this because I watched your video last night!! Excellent, as always, by the way.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There are already family villages occupied by employees, and business owners who work here. There already are schools to accommodate the kids who already live in those family villages. Since they don't pay amenity fees, they are not entitled to Villages amenities. They are not permitted into the "Family Pools" that are part of the Villages amenities, because those are for Villages residents and their guests, not for locals who aren't Villagers. The family neighborhoods, while built BY the Villages, and attached to the Villages, are not officially Villages neighborhoods.

The town squares, on the other hand, are open to the public. They are not amenities, we don't pay a fee to use them. They're paid for in part by the business owners, and in part by the tourism tax. There are also some Villagers who have green hair and piercings on their faces.

They "shouldn't" be using the MMPs at all but there's really no way to stop them if their neighborhood has golf-cart access to the same stores that Villagers have access to. Skateboarding is not permitted on the MMPs or walking paths at all, so that shouldn't be a problem and if it becomes one, you call the police. They're trespassing and there are laws to handle that.

We may not pay for the music, but everybody South of 466 is paying for maintenance of the structures at LSL and BW , like the windmill.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Orange Blossom Hills is not a family village. There's Oxford Oaks far to the northwest. There's the one behind Target on 441 near Spanish Springs town square. There's one on 466 on the east side, there's a 4th somewhere I believe.
Old 09-28-2022, 05:33 AM
Default Common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrey12 View Post
You’re welcome to move. I would suggest you do if you’re so unhappy.
As usual no response to the facts I stated. Just an assumption.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:47 AM

---

Last edited by RPDaly; 09-30-2022 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:18 AM
Default House for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
As this place grows it will become like NYC- overcrowded, traffic issues, lack of services, no room for road or infrastructure expansion, higher taxes, higher crime, lack of peace and quiet. Oh wait the non stop building has already created this problem! Before greed took over this was a great senior retirement community.
Funny how all these people that are unhappy here never let the people on TOTV know that their house is for sale.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We will be long gone before Eastport might be in the center of the Villages but as long as they can sell lots of homes why would they ever stop before they ran out of land to buy?
Ahh, sorry to hear that. If they started, in earnest, in 1987 that was 35 years ago. If we take another 35 into the future, when Eastport might be the physical center of TV, I will be 88. Still around, with any luck.

Might be even sooner than that (I will be even younger), because according to wiki, The Villages grew 39 percent, from about 93,000 in 2010 to about 130,000 in 2020. Nearly 40% growth in just a single decade? That would indicate the pace of growth will be faster in the next 35 years rather than the first 35 years.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 09-28-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Who do you think cooks and serves you your food when you go out to eat?

Who do you think stocks the grocery stores where you shop for food?

Who do you think works at the Dr's offices you visit?

Who do you think mows your lawn, services your golf cart, does your electrical, plumbing and irrigation work?

Pro tip: It's not the retirees in TV...
Great post!
Closed Thread

Tags
12, 500, teens, homes, children, 25, 000

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.