Military ID Card

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2020, 10:41 AM
Default Military ID Card

So here we go again. Has anyone out there got a dependent ID card recently and if so where? My wife is going on Medicare and her ID expires on her birthday. I was told that ID cards are valid for another few months but DEERS and her ID card have to reflect TFL. It seems that the covid thing has changed lots of procedures and the appropriate facilities have no schedule on the ID website. Anyone?
Old 10-23-2020, 11:17 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
So here we go again. Has anyone out there got a dependent ID card recently and if so where? My wife is going on Medicare and her ID expires on her birthday. I was told that ID cards are valid for another few months but DEERS and her ID card have to reflect TFL. It seems that the covid thing has changed lots of procedures and the appropriate facilities have no schedule on the ID website. Anyone?
Once she turns 65- she is automatically enrolled for TriCare for life if she has been enrolled on TriCare Select. Their are several DEERS offices in Orlando. You could hump down to MacDill or Jacksonville if you care to make a road trip. I used the locator website for a DEERS location. I called the sites prior to going to make sure I could get the card done for my wife.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:41 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

The Navy logistics facility in Orlando was easy to work with. In and out in about 30 minutes. Go to the DEERS website and set up an appointment. No walk ins allowed.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 10-23-2020, 12:02 PM

My wife's military dependent ID expires Nov 10. We have an appointment at the naval Support Activity in Orlando, FL for this coming Monday. They do not take walk-ins. Appointments can be made online but only for 30 days out. When we made my wife's appointment, every appointment for the next 30 days was filled. So I awakened early on the morning that the next day (30 days out) opened for appointments. I had first choice for that day. When trying to find a military site that was doing dependent ID's, I found this was the only one taking/making appointments in Florida.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:09 PM
Default Patrick AFB is also an option....

We used the Personnel Office at Patrick just last year and it went fine. In fact, they have an "online" app system that allows you to fill out online forms, and upload the required docs and photos from your end. It gets processed, and they send you an email when the ID is ready to pick up. You then have 7 days I believe to go pick it up!! It's the definition of "painless"!! lol Good luck.....
Old 10-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
My wife's military dependent ID expires Nov 10. We have an appointment at the naval Support Activity in Orlando, FL for this coming Monday. They do not take walk-ins. Appointments can be made online but only for 30 days out. When we made my wife's appointment, every appointment for the next 30 days was filled. So I awakened early on the morning that the next day (30 days out) opened for appointments. I had first choice for that day. When trying to find a military site that was doing dependent ID's, I found this was the only one taking/making appointments in Florida.
Same here, Navel support in Orlando is the only one that is doing appointments, as of last week. Took 2 months to finally get appointment week of thanksgiving. Could not submit online and pick up later, in Tampa.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:48 AM

Thanks all. I guess I had a bad day trying to set up appointments and making calls to the close by facilities. I finally set up an appointment at Eglin AFB in Dec, near where our parents live. We have done it there before and it was "relatively" painless.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
All military ID cards have been extended till 06/30/2021 because of COVID-19. You don't need to do anything now.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:48 AM
Default NAS Jacksonville

My wife turned 65 earlier this month, and we got her updated ID card at NAS Jacksonville this week. There are other, closer locations, but we wanted to take a drive anyway, and they had open appointments now.
Go online to: ID Card Office Online to see which RAPIDS locations in Florida are accepting reservations, and make a reservation online.
The sponsor needs to go with the spouse to get the new card. Bring your existing military ID cards, your driver’s license or other ID (e.g. , Passport) and your Medicare ID card.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:51 AM

Although not advertised, Patrick will take walk-ins. We were there a few weeks ago for my wife’s ID.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:26 AM
Default Dependent ID Card

Have been to both Orlando and Tampa. Last time we went to MacDill AF Base in Tampa. Very easy & great shopping at beautiful BX. FYI - When I turned 65, the ID was good for only 2 yrs instead of usual 4.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailarlene View Post
All military ID cards have been extended till 06/30/2021 because of COVID-19. You don't need to do anything now.
However if your card is expired, do not use it, to get in base. Go with spouse and just use DL. It will be confiscated. The website states the deadline is extended, but DOD will keep any expired I’d cards.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:48 AM

we went to Orlando, made the appt. on line.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyNJ View Post
We used the Personnel Office at Patrick just last year and it went fine. In fact, they have an "online" app system that allows you to fill out online forms, and upload the required docs and photos from your end. It gets processed, and they send you an email when the ID is ready to pick up. You then have 7 days I believe to go pick it up!! It's the definition of "painless"!! lol Good luck.....
I did the same thing at MacDill AFB Tampa, in and out in 5 minutes.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:27 AM

Because of the virus they have extended all ids that expired or will expire to June 2021. Once you’ve enrolled in Medicare you automatically go to tricare for life.
Closed Thread

Tags
card, months, tfl, deers, reflect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.