Mine Blasts - can you feel them?

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2019, 04:25 PM
Question Mine Blasts - can you feel them?

Just curious if those in Marsh Bend feel any vibrations at all from the mine blasts felt in Fenney, DeSota, McClure. I have spoken to someone from Linden and they feel them (not sure how strong), but wondering if those across 468/Warm Springs do. Friends of mine are considering a home in Marsh Bend, or maybe the new area of DeLuna, and are wondering if they’re felt over there. I spoke with a realtor who said he had clients who bought a really pricey house from him in Marsh Bend and said they don’t feel them. He said for the price they paid ‘if they felt them, trust me, they would let me know!’. But would rather hear directly from a resident than a realtor! Thank you!
Old 12-15-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

A realtor also once said "No more building south of 466!"
We are in Caroline. Never felt a tremor, or heard a prison announcement!!
Old 12-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
A realtor also once said "No more building south of 466!"
We are in Caroline. Never felt a tremor, or heard a prison announcement!!
We are further south than you and never felt a tremor or heard an announcement. We are in Mallory Square.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
We are further south than you and never felt a tremor or heard an announcement. We are in Mallory Square.
We used to be in Calumet Grove, and the earth definitely moved up there!
Old 12-15-2019, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
We used to be in Calumet Grove, and the earth definitely moved up there!
It was a freight train...... that's why someone moved to Plant City!
Old 12-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

We have felt a couple minor vibrations but they were almost unnoticed.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
It was a freight train...... that's why someone moved to Plant City!
Nothing like the mournfull wail, steady rumble of a freight train, and the dinging from the crosssing at 3 am. to gladen the soul!
Old 12-15-2019, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter777 View Post
Just curious if those in Marsh Bend feel any vibrations at all from the mine blasts felt in Fenney, DeSota, McClure. I have spoken to someone from Linden and they feel them (not sure how strong), but wondering if those across 468/Warm Springs do. Friends of mine are considering a home in Marsh Bend, or maybe the new area of DeLuna, and are wondering if they’re felt over there. I spoke with a realtor who said he had clients who bought a really pricey house from him in Marsh Bend and said they don’t feel them. He said for the price they paid ‘if they felt them, trust me, they would let me know!’. But would rather hear directly from a resident than a realtor! Thank you!
SCOOTER, we have two couples who were some of the first people to move to Fenney. When I've asked them about all the different things I've read here about troubles in their area down south they both gave the same answer. Urban Legend is all it amounts to.

I live in the Historic Section and different people seem to think that taking a guess at how it is in another hood is no big deal. I think not. I could definitely imagine living anywhere in the new area. The problem is I can't take the thought of leaving where we are.

I wouldn't let anything about the things we read stop me from moving anywhere down yonder if I could leave where I am. It's beautiful. Think of how many people Put Their Big $$Money$$ Where The Rubber Meets The Road. It's filling up down there. Must be something to it. All those people are not dopes.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:51 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,280 Times in 1,426 Posts

I've been in Fenney for over 2-1/2 years and have felt about 10 or 12 of these. They feel like a truck hitting a pothole in front of your house as we had up north after winter, that is it, our dog doesn't even get up when they happen. DeLuna is pretty far north of Fenney and any rattles should be minimal up there.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Where we lived in NJ, the next block was Main St. which had a fair amount of traffic. There was an uneven portion of the road (where a repair had been made) and every time a large truck went over that section of road, a loud "boom" could be heard and a vibration felt at our house. I did not like the "boom" nor the slight vibration and wished all the large trucks to take another route. I was not humored. So glad I have a very quiet neighborhood now.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:09 AM

Don’t trust a real estate broker especially if they work for TV there objective is to sell homes which I understand. Go to the area you want to buy a home and ask several homeowners
Old 12-16-2019, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

in mc clure , we cannot feel them, and ive also never heard a prison announcement
Old 12-16-2019, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I've been in Fenney for over 2-1/2 years and have felt about 10 or 12 of these. They feel like a truck hitting a pothole in front of your house as we had up north after winter, that is it, our dog doesn't even get up when they happen. DeLuna is pretty far north of Fenney and any rattles should be minimal up there.
out of our 2 dogs, only 1 is bothered by it. we cannot hear or feel it but he does
Old 12-16-2019, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter777 View Post
The Village De Luna is north of Marsh Bend on the other side/northwest of the turnpike and CR 468. Which is probably further away from the quarry than Brownwood.

Access to Brownwood will be good once the Chitty Chatty bridge is in place.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:50 AM

I lived near a similar mine in Pennsylvania. They had an Open house once, we saw a map of where their tunnels were. They extend miles underground, they were under the city in all directions, about a mile down. I would assume the same here. How many tunnels are under your home,
Closed Thread

Tags
feel, mine, bend, marsh, felt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.