Missing topic

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Default Re: Missing topic

Tony, I understand the view you have taken on the Village Newsletter posting and feel too that it was an advertisement. It was not just a discussion or opinion being given by a member of this site even though the newsletter was posted by a member. There is a fine line to be drawn and I am glad you did not second guess yourself. I also wish there was more respect for what should and shouldn't be posted. It bothers me when someone tries to repost under another topic the same item you have just pulled. This isn't the first time someone has tried to circumvent the system in postings. I am curious though and would like to ask if one of you administrators need to monitor this site 24/7?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:44 AM
Administrator

I monitor as much as I can. I know the others do, too. We are on two coasts and are here a lot of different times of the day.

You ask if we need to monitor this 24/7? I don't think so. The overwhelming majority of posts are good discussion. I don't agree with all of them, but so what? We're adults and are personally responsible for what we say.

Again, I frown on personal attacks. Polemics is acceptable. Name-calling and adverse characterizations are something else. I don't think anybody likes to see that, and I think it discourages the responsible posters.

Argument is fine. Quarrel lessens the value of the board.

How did I get to this from your original question?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:29 PM

Hey Tony

Better get over to "Bought new home - promotion?" Saw the same link posted by another member. Wonder if he works for TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.