From Missouri - Show me

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 AM

Gotta jump in; St. Louis native here who didn't leave the area for good until age 37, though I went to college in Illinois and lived in the Illinois suburbs of St. L. for many years.

When I was in school in my native state, we had to learn some interesting facts about Missouri:
1) It is the most central state in the U.S.: two states separate Missouri from Canada, two from Mexico, five from the Atlantic Ocean, five from the Pacific.
2) Missouri and one other state share the title of bordering the most states, eight. Missouri's neighbors are Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska.

I may not remember where I left my car keys, but some stuff sticks with you forever. I am a font of useless knowledge.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynnshanks View Post
Well, we're from Missouri, we saw the Villages for the first time the second week of June this year......fell in love, (With TV....we already were in love), went back to St. Louis, put our house up for sale and sold it in 9 days. Then we came right back to the Villages spent two days looking at oodles of houses, picked one , made a bid, and they accepeted. Then, it was back to Missouri, now we are packing and we'll be in the Village of Hemmingway by Aug. 22nd! All in less than three months. So, there are a few of us, come on down.
Congrats. A wonderful worldwynn story.

May all you dreams come true.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Sage

Oh nooooo.... We are from Illinois and now I'm concerned that "we" aren't represented!!! Look at all the people from Missouri in TV!!!! What if one moves in next door to me.

Kidding!!!!

I lived in Arkansas for awhile and most of the people there didn't move to another state to retire. In fact, many people move there to retire. Hot Springs is considered a top retirement location.

I also have a lot of friends who plan to retire in Missouri. *shrugs*
Old 08-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Oh nooooo.... We are from Illinois and now I'm concerned that "we" aren't represented!!! Look at all the people from Missouri in TV!!!! What if one moves in next door to me.

Kidding!!!!

I lived in Arkansas for awhile and most of the people there didn't move to another state to retire. In fact, many people move there to retire. Hot Springs is considered a top retirement location.

I also have a lot of friends who plan to retire in Missouri. *shrugs*
Angiefox,

I would be more worried about Iowans or Wisconsiners moving next door to you. (And that is coming from someone who was born and raised in Iowa and has a sister who has lived in Wisconsin since 1988).
Old 08-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Platinum member

Lots of Missourians!

The Central States Club (usually fourth Thursday of the month, 6:00pm, Canal Street Rec Center) announced the other night that the club's roster is well over 170 now. Members hail from MO, KS, AR, OK, NE.

The Saint Louis Club (usually first Wednesday of the month, 6:00pm, Chatham Rec Center) is a lively group. I don't have numbers, but most events are attended by at least 60 folks!

Of course, many members of the Central States Club are also members of the Saint Louis Club!

Come join in the fun!

SWR
Old 08-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I'm a native Kansan but promise not to say you're not smart enough! I taught in Missouri so I know better!

Actually I now consider myself a Michigander because that's where I lived for 35 years before moving to TV. But my senior aged in-laws are born and bred Kansans and had a second home (planned for retirement) down in The Ozarks UNTIL visiting us here. Now their retirement plans have changed. Their Ozark home is up for sale and they have their eye on TV.

Unfortunately TV does not invest advertising monies much in the central Midwest states as other areas. I think they're missing the boat but what do I know?

Welcome to TV!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.