MLS or The Villages to sell a house

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2020, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
And I'll wager your VLS agent never voluntarily revealed the amount of the bond on a new home. My first VLS agent was so "busy" he showed me only three or four new spec homes. At each one when I questioned him about the amount of the bond on it, he opened his big blue eyes in astonishment like he had never heard of a bond! lol. What an actor! Then he mumbled and fumbled for a while and would only guess at the possible amount. I wonder if any VLS agents when they show a customer a preowned house and claim they can get them into a new one for less ever bring up the amount of the bond on the new home versus the bond (if any) on the preowned home - or the improvements most people do to their new homes such as upgrade the light fixtures, landscaping, replace the cheap builder grade carpet with tile, repaint all the rooms, outfit the closets with shelving and cabinets and so on.

My first VLS agent when asked also tacitly admitted by nodding his head affirmatively that VLS agents are incentivized to sell new homes over preowned. And of course as I have historically reported on several threads over the years my first VLS agent evaded showing me even one preowned home after I made numerous requests for him to do so.

Unless VLS has changed its practice their online listings do not show the year a house was built as MLS listings do.

P.S. I am not now and have never been a Realtor.
We purchased our existing home in Jan thru a village realtor and he did give us the amount of the bond.

Last June we rented and spent a few days looking at houses. The village realtor who grabbed us the first day took us to see new homes in Fenney and when we asked him about seeing existing homes was suddenly hard to reach.

Wondering if they give people incentives that vary and some months they are incentivized to only show new homes?
Old 10-21-2020, 10:23 AM

Having sold our homes here and up north, I will second an earlier comment that the agent is the key to selling. When I interview an agent, I have them walk through the house with me and suggest items that would sell the house. The great ones will make the suggestions, point out things which will hurt your sale or improve your odds. Here in the Villages, we found that Kathy Collins did a great job in selling our previous house in The Villages and informing us of a lot that came on the market that met all of our location requirements.

One other thing you might consider in selling - When you receive a copy of the inspection, get a handyman to do all the items and sign it when completed (with their printed name). I left this for the new owner and it saved a lot of headaches afterwards.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:48 AM
Default MLS or TVs agent to list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Definitely MLS. Much wider exposure for your property. Neighbors have not been happy with TV realty.
I’m a Realtor in Texas, moving to TVs soon. Realtors are members of the National Association of Realtors, and are licensed as well. Most buyers shop online for a home online through sites like Zillow and Realtor.com, and The Villages agents cannot advertise on those sites. So, I think it would be a big advantage To list with a MLS agent, to get the maximum exposure online. My opinion as a Realtor!

karengearhartrealtor@gmail.com
Old 01-06-2021, 06:52 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default selling your house

villages. Rene Webster realtor sold about 6 houses in our neighborhood in a short time. Will give you advince(some you might not like) about how to sell it. Also will stage it for you if needed.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thumbs down

90 days with Villages 15 showings, going MLS next week

Last edited by jimbo2012; 02-07-2021 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,605 Times in 942 Posts

Here’s our buying experience. Had an MLS and Villages realtor.
Villages realtor showed a home last fall my wife LOVED. We estimated it was overpriced by about $30,000 to 40,000, so we didn’t even make an offer. The house sat for 6 months.
Fast forward to now, same house listed on MLS, $50,000 less than with Villages. We would have absolutely bought the house at the price now, but we already found a house.

My theory is the Villages overprices existing homes, so buyers think the new places are a bette buy.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, mls, list, house, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.