MLS or The Villages to sell a house

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2020, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peazoup View Post
If you were to list your house for sale in The Villages, would you choose to list with MLS or The Villages.. and why? Which one do you think would give you more exposure?
Call 352-446-6001 Jason. Largest following in the County. He will help you price it right. Jason is honest and very hard working, reference the above post.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:50 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

We did ours by listing free on ZILLOW and saved $30000.00 that the villages wanted to list for us. Sales people from MLS or The Villages are their to get as much of your money as they can. The only person you should consider trusting is yourself. Research, and be both the seller and the sellers agent. When we listed, we spelled out that we would not pay any commission to any agent on our side nor on the side of the buyer. Users moving to The Villages don't need help. We did pay for Burnsed to handle all closing.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:10 AM

I woipd go with the realtors who broke away from The Villages/Developer. They won their suit. Lots of respect for them.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:23 AM
Veteran member
Default MLS or Village Agent

Quote:
If you were to list your house for sale in The Villages, would you choose to list with MLS or The Villages.. and why? Which one do you think would give you more exposure?
I sold my home in four hours for 20% over asking. I didn't use a agent from TV because of the experiences my neighbors and friends had. I highly recommend

Cheryl Parisi-Ciolfi at Foxfire Reality
Her mobile is 352-661-4126 or email her at cherylsellshomes4u@gmail.com
Old 10-19-2020, 07:27 AM

Ditto 427dave. We had a beautiful home on the lake, 9th hole of Hemingway, listed it with the villages and couldn’t imagine why it wasn’t selling for almost 6 months. One day our tenant stopped in during an open house and heard the realtor tell the people “I can get you in a brand new home for less money”. Cancelled our listing, went with realty executives at the same price, sold in TWO days!
Old 10-19-2020, 07:35 AM

Definitely MLS. Many have witnessed, Villages sales agents steering buyers to new homes, verses resale of their homes.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

I find this discussion very interesting and eye opening. We have a CYV for sale it's been on the market for about 90 days, new roof 2020, new AC 2020, new washer and dryer, new microwave and new refrigerator, extended lanai and master bedroom. We've cut the price a few times and are now priced $17,000 less that we started for are at $215,900. We are using an MLS realtor at times we've asked ourselves should we have used VLS, this answered some of our questions.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
We came down last year to buy; I had both a Villages agent and a MLS agent. The MLS person was great! He had a lot more to offer; and he worked FOR ME and not for TV. The woman from TV was very nice but she just didn't have enough inventory of pre-owned homes for me.

Doug Lange with Realty Executives ended up as my agent and if (I should say WHEN) I go to sell this house I will be calling him. When we called him to make an offer on the house, he recommended a LOWER offer. Less commission for him but he understood the market and knew what my home was worth.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

One of the reasons I personally don't like to work with MLS realtors is obvious in many posts on this thread. They will say almost anything. They pressure you. They are too often like "Charlie Hustle". I think there are a lot of MLS realtors or retired realtors posting on this thread. I have never heard or read any reliable post that any agent for The Villages ever tried to "push" new homes.

I loved the fact tha when we came here to look there was NO pressure in any way from the sales agents from The Villages. I later learned they didn't need to pressure. People were standing in line to buy houses from them.

We have had built 11 new homes in our lifetime. The first one was when we were 22 years old. We had saved the 20% down payment for four years at the age of 22. We had built a home that cost around 14K. I am not a realtor. Neither is anyone in my family. The last realtor we used was John Boehner's wife in Ohio. Debbie is a professional and was a neighbor and friend. The first thing she said was repaint everything neutral. Tear out those bushes in the front. Get new lawn furniture or new cushions. Get rid of all the extra furniture in the corners of every room. In a down real estate time ten years ago we had a bidding war. (Three bids) The girl knows her business. She is very unlike most realtors I have known. I HATE to be sold anything. I HATE it. But that's me.

I think there are good selling agents and bad ones. If you price the home right here and not try to make a killing, just a tidy increase, and if it is clean and not smelly and not junky...It will sell right away for far more than you paid for it, with or without an agent or a realtor.

That is my opinion.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

The villages agents are licensed with the state just like MLS real estate agents. The “realtors” name is proprietary but does not mean much. The realtors for the villages are here to sell NEW HOUSES, that is where the developers make money and that is who their employer is. I listed one house with the villages and was not too happy. Relisted with ReMax, Tammy Freilich, and it sold in two weeks. You cannot know which agent is best because everyone has a different opinion. All I can say is that Tammy was over to my home in a hour and the photographer took the best pictures of a house that I have ever seen.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:56 AM
Gold member

MLS get more exposure form out of State shoppers. The Villages RE are pushing new homes down south side in my opinion and they limit your exposure.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
The villages agents are licensed with the state just like MLS real estate agents. The “realtors” name is proprietary but does not mean much. The realtors for the villages are here to sell NEW HOUSES, that is where the developers make money and that is who their employer is. I listed one house with the villages and was not too happy. Relisted with ReMax, Tammy Freilich, and it sold in two weeks. You cannot know which agent is best because everyone has a different opinion. All I can say is that Tammy was over to my home in a hour and the photographer took the best pictures of a house that I have ever seen.
Much incorrect information comes from realtors who cannot sell new houses here.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:07 AM

I would never list my property with a firm like The Villages who try to limit competition, the lifeblood of sales, and who own the newspaper that prints and organizes the listings to their advantage. If they can't compete on their own, but are just after 'cornering the market' .....well, I am for the guys who hustle and make things happen. And, I am a former Real Estate Broker!
Old 10-19-2020, 08:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Do it Yourself

Quote:
If you have the ability to take good pictures and write a story, I like using FSBO.com. For a modest fixed cost, you get your house on MLS, Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, etc. If you are willing to pay a buyer's-realtor commission (1%-3%), you will likely get the same amount of traffic you get listing with a higher-priced realtor.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:09 AM
Default Sell it yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
We did ours by listing free on ZILLOW and saved $30000.00 that the villages wanted to list for us. Sales people from MLS or The Villages are their to get as much of your money as they can. The only person you should consider trusting is yourself. Research, and be both the seller and the sellers agent. When we listed, we spelled out that we would not pay any commission to any agent on our side nor on the side of the buyer. Users moving to The Villages don't need help. We did pay for Burnsed to handle all closing.
I second this. We didn't use Zillow to list, just advertised our own open house in the Daily Sun. Originally planned to run the open house for 6 days, but it sold for full price on the 2nd day. All closing details, including preparing the contract of sale, were handled by Advantage Title for a flat fee of $400.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, mls, list, house, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.