Moderator?

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post

Here on political (now suspended), I would think that the offenders could be kicked off the board instead of closing the entire political forum.
I agree the offenders should be "suspended" until "further notice".

If it was because of complaints to the administration, my reaction would be if the party opted in....nuff said.

I still propose the administration follow Spocks advice:

The good of the many (most political forum members) far outweigh the few or the one. Owning it in fact does give them right but does not make or mean it is right!!

Too bad because even with the annoyances that come with any political forum, most of us enjoyed and learned a lot from each other.

btk
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Veteran member

You can always turn on Rush & listen to him rant & rave.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I'm not so sure about that - why invite people to post ideas and opinions and when in your opinion it's getting to hot in the kitchen just shut it down. Should let the market dictate what happens - if enough folks get fed up they will stop coming and it looses its appeal. Have never even been on the political forum, but I am disturbed that someone can just shut it down when they desire.
so the kid with the basketball had to go home, game over.

let the market dictate it then, you are right. If everyone who posted on the political forum stopped using totv that would eliminate about 90% of the posts, since most of the people there account for the majority of the posts overall, never happen.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

This forum is owned by an individual, NOT The Villages...A week or so ago I was shocked to hear someone think that this forum was connected to THE DEVELOPER.

The person who owned the forum before became quite quick at booting folks off and shutting down threads.I didn't agree with him much. The new one, Ken has been more patient. I wonder what happened....but it is HIS to do with in anyway he sees fit.

I am so glad we have it and would be quite down if we lost it. It is a wonderful opportunity to communicate with each other. And was a HUGE help to us in our decision making before we came on our lifestyle visit.

I hope he will warn us if we are behaving in such a way we might get banned.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This forum is owned by an individual, NOT The Villages...A week or so ago I was shocked to hear someone think that this forum was connected to THE DEVELOPER.

The person who owned the forum before became quite quick at booting folks off and shutting down threads.I didn't agree with him much. The new one, Ken has been more patient. I wonder what happened....but it is HIS to do with in anyway he sees fit.

I am so glad we have it and would be quite down if we lost it. It is a wonderful opportunity to communicate with each other. And was a HUGE help to us in our decision making before we came on our lifestyle visit.

Gracie, here is the policy that the admin posted yesterday. It is only directed at political posts, and they do issue a warning. Like others have said, this was probably prompted by, and aimed at a few individuals who kept disregarding the policies, so I hope you won't get too worked up over it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Effective immediately and until further notice the political forums will be suspended.

NO political posts are allowed in any of the forums. First offense an account infraction and warning. Second offense account will be banned.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Admin

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 08-17-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Right Gracie. Just speaking for myself, Ken and Moderators are doing a great job. A job I would not want.

I'm a super slow typer so I'm usually 4 posts behind the conversation. Sorry.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Platinum member
Default I agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesports View Post
Right Gracie. Just speaking for myself, Ken and Moderators are doing a great job. A job I would not want.
I agree! I have a lot of respect and appreciation for admins and moderators!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Religion and Politics. Two things we were taught in years past to never discuss among friends. Some people can become beyond "reasonable" when discussing these subjects. In our retirement years, you would think we would be more mature. Nah!

Moderator, thanks for your hard work----don't want your job!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.