Modifications to existing bridges and overpasses.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Sage

Talking Modifications to existing bridges and overpasses.

To tag or not to tag...that is one question.

Design so that no one can toss anything, of size, over the sides...is another.

GO!

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 03-08-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:01 PM

I'm all for fencing, and as mentioned previously there are attractive alternatives to unadorned chain link. Here are some examples:

6 Decorated Chain Link Fences | Curbly

If you do a google search on images for "chain link fence art" you can see some pretty amazing stuff. Some, tacky. Some, lacking the Villages vibe. But the fact remains - fences don't have to be ugly or boring, just because they're made out of metal wire.

Last edited by Jazuela; 03-08-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2019, 07:19 PM
Sage

Wasn’t this covered in great detail on this thread??
55 yr.old woman dies near golf cart bridge.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'm all for fencing, and as mentioned previously there are attractive alternatives to unadorned chain link. Here are some examples:

6 Decorated Chain Link Fences | Curbly

If you do a google search on images for "chain link fence art" you can see some pretty amazing stuff. Some, tacky. Some, lacking the Villages vibe. But the fact remains - fences don't have to be ugly or boring, just because they're made out of metal wire.

I think any new golf cart bridges...should be tastefully enclosed/fenced.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Sage

Something similar to these, with maybe a little more artistic decoration...would add a lot of safety IMHO.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Sage

Probably should be talking to the State since they approve the specs on what goes over their roads if you are that concerned.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Veteran member

While it was very sad, why, just because one obviously sick person did herself in, should they ugly up our bridges? Can't protect everyone from themselves unless we all walk around in locked padded steel bubbles. If someone wants to off themselves they will find a way to do it. This isn't like NYC where people throw bricks at cars off a bridge. She could have just as easily thrown herself in front of a car or train or pulled a fake gun on a cop.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
While it was very sad, why, just because one obviously sick person did herself in, should they ugly up our bridges? Can't protect everyone from themselves unless we all walk around in locked padded steel bubbles. If someone wants to off themselves they will find a way to do it. This isn't like NYC where people throw bricks at cars off a bridge. She could have just as easily thrown herself in front of a car or train or pulled a fake gun on a cop.
I agree that if someone is set on killing themselves, they will find a way...usually with a gun.

To me, the issue of having a high barrier on the sides of golf cart/pedestrian/bicycle bridges...has nothing to do with stopping suicides.

It's about keeping people from throwing, or losing, anything off of those bridges...that could affect the traffic below.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Sage

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Something similar to these, with maybe a little more artistic decoration...would add a lot of safety IMHO.

Get Your Snow Blowers Ready! It's Going To Snow In The Villages Tomorrow! Maybe Hell Is Going To Freeze Over! Good Job CNM! Those are the images I had in mind but was having trouble finding them to post. Like the look or not it would stop someone who is just wasted or has ongoing problems and may do something dopey like the 55-year-old woman did. It would save the person with the problem from hurting someone innocent!

I give you a whole lot of credit. Bravo! And now I'm out on this no matter what. Done, Finito, Finished. Simple pictures like that just made me so happy. Nice way to end the day.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Get Your Snow Blowers Ready! It's Going To Snow In The Villages Tomorrow! Maybe Hell Is Going To Freeze Over! Good Job CNM! Those are the images I had in mind but was having trouble finding them to post. Like the look or not it would stop someone who is just wasted or has ongoing problems and may do something dopey like the 55-year-old woman did. It would save the person with the problem from hurting someone innocent!

I give you a whole lot of credit. Bravo! And now I'm out on this no matter what. Done, Finito, Finished. Simple pictures like that just made me so happy. Nice way to end the day.

Tags
overpasses, popcorn, bridges, existing, modifications