Mold on Kenmore refrigerator ice/water dispenser

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 02-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Original Topic
MollyJo MollyJo is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Louisville Kentucky
Posts: 22
Thanks: 80
Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Default Refrigerators lasting 10 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
You’re probably right mulligan! Hate to sound negative but the builders put such cheap Kenmore crap in these homes to sell them at such a big profit. Don’t know why they can’t put at least a middle of the road appliances in them. These homes should last at least 10 yrs. with no issue, & yes I know you can get one lemon once in a while but I don’t think I’ve ever talked to someone that hasn’t had a big problem in a 5 yr. old home. Sorry to hit a sour note with TV but we paid a lot money to by a new home not a fixer upper! Good luck mulligan.
Unfortunately all appliances are lucky to last 7 years! I just junked an LG Counter Depth French Door w/Bottom Freezer, it was only 4 yrs old. At 2 years, the compressor died & at 4 years it was the sealed system leaking all the Freon out. So very disgusted that I had a magnetic sign made & display on the back of both of my trucks...
“Say No To LG Fridge
Compressor out/ 2 years
Sealed System out/ 4 years”
LG makes Frigidaire
Sad, appliances are NOT cheap! #regulations
  #17  
Old 02-13-2020, 12:05 PM
OhioBuckeye OhioBuckeye is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 605
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJo View Post
Unfortunately all appliances are lucky to last 7 years! I just junked an LG Counter Depth French Door w/Bottom Freezer, it was only 4 yrs old. At 2 years, the compressor died & at 4 years it was the sealed system leaking all the Freon out. So very disgusted that I had a magnetic sign made & display on the back of both of my trucks...
“Say No To LG Fridge
Compressor out/ 2 years
Sealed System out/ 4 years”
LG makes Frigidaire
Sad, appliances are NOT cheap! #regulations
Well even my cheap Kenmore could have been a lemon like yours. Right now I have a cheap GE refrigerator that I got from my mother in law when she died 20 yrs. ago, it’s now 26 yrs. old . I basically just keep drinks in it & I haven’t put a cent in it. What I think is they don’t make’em like they use to. Appliances companies I think want them to only last 6 to 8 yrs. so they can stay In business. Go Figure!

Last edited by OhioBuckeye; 02-13-2020 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Spell check left some words out!
  #18  
Old 02-13-2020, 01:49 PM
Chatbrat Chatbrat is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,020
Thanks: 0
Thanked 314 Times in 165 Posts
Default

The only thing I buy from LG is TV's & cell phones--was told by an appliance repair person to stay away from Samsung & LG
  #19  
Old 02-13-2020, 03:00 PM
Fredman's Avatar
Fredman Fredman is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Posts: 699
Thanks: 1
Thanked 75 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The only thing I buy from LG is TV's & cell phones--was told by an appliance repair person to stay away from Samsung & LG
Same thing here
__________________
GO STEELERS
  #20  
Old 02-13-2020, 04:47 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,704
Thanks: 48
Thanked 46 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The only thing I buy from LG is TV's & cell phones--was told by an appliance repair person to stay away from Samsung & LG
It, literally, only depends on the repairperson you speak to as which brand to buy. Just like with any other appliance, television, etc.
  #21  
Old 02-13-2020, 05:12 PM
Jima64 Jima64 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,395
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Same thing here
Agree completely.
  #22  
Old 02-14-2020, 05:28 AM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 13,108
Thanks: 61
Thanked 202 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Well even my cheap Kenmore could have been a lemon like yours. Right now I have a cheap GE refrigerator that I got from my mother in law when she died 20 yrs. ago, it’s now 26 yrs. old . I basically just keep drinks in it & I haven’t put a cent in it. What I think is they don’t make’em like they use to. Appliances companies I think want them to only last 6 to 8 yrs. so they can stay In business. Go Figure!
You are talking about a refrigerator built back in the middle ages when quality was common. We bought a Westinghouse fridge in '72 that was still going strong in 1997 in our garage when we finally gave it away because of a new build.


No refrigerator for us has ever worked as well. I could list the repair problems on our fridges since then, but it would take a spread sheet. LG French Door was probably the worst.
__________________
Happiness is when your life on the outside matches your life on the inside.
Reply

Tags
mold, problem, dispenser, kenmore, refrigerator

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.