Mommies boy gets busted...again

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2016, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I often think about parents of these troublemakers. It's easy to say "kick him out," but what if the parent is afraid of him or tries to kick him out and he refuses to leave? Is there any help for such parents? It's a very sad bsituation. Perhaps the parents are victims, too.

Yes, it's called tuff love, you don't bail them out of jail, have NO in your vocabulary.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
This man-child living with parents needs some immediate tough love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I am a person living with my parents for a variety of reasons-- so people should not judge the rest of us by this man's actions.
Tal, this man reportedly assaulted someone.
In no way was I judging peaceful children for living with their parents.

I'm sorry that I commented on this story.
I think Rubicon is right -- all we can offer the parents is our understanding and our silence.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You make it sound like this is an everyday happening.
Is that what I said?
Old 09-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:

I think Rubicon is right -- all we can offer the parents is our understanding and our silence.
He needs a tough judge of some kind. This is what he requires. But we really cannot make statements about this household without actually knowing them. Sounds like something Yogi Berra would say. Yogi Berra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-17-2016, 07:21 PM

I don't think any of these threads are suitable for this type of discussion, these comments are not as bad as why is in the villages news, how ever, everyone should remember,
There but for the Grace of God go I.
I see the articles in the paper and wonder why these adult children have to live with their parents, it is sad. These are not the venues for these discussions.
No I'm not a holy roller I have alway felt live and let live myob. Works pretty good.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
He needs a tough judge of some kind. This is what he requires. But we really cannot make statements about this household without actually knowing them. Sounds like something Yogi Berra would say. Yogi Berra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you google his name you will find he has been arrested several times. One other mugshot shows he has a cut or abrasion on his face. It is hard NOT to jump to conclusions sometimes at our age when many of us have seen and read a lot of sad things.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If you google his name you will find he has been arrested several times. One other mugshot shows he has a cut or abrasion on his face. It is hard NOT to jump to conclusions sometimes at our age when many of us have seen and read a lot of sad things.
I am talking about blaming his family for his actions. You do not know what goes on in that family unless you are part of that family. We do not usually blame a family for the actions of one of its members even if they live together unless if it is someone like Ma Barker and her boys. Ma Barker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They were a gang of criminals.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
I am talking about blaming his family for his actions. You do not know what goes on in that family unless you are part of that family. We do not usually blame a family for the actions of one of its members even if they live together unless if it is someone like Ma Barker and her boys. Ma Barker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They were a gang of criminals.
Yep.

All too often we want to delude ourselves into thinking, that just because our kids turned out great...we're great parents.

Which of course, doesn't explain the many times two or more siblings turn out so very different...even having been raised the exact same.

Although I consider myself extremely fortunate to have children that are doing excellent, I am also smart enough to know that parents often get too much credit...as well as too much blame.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:47 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Adult children, some even into their sixties, who are drug/alcohol addicted/dependent, convicted felons and the like living with ma and/or pa are the bane of many 55 and over communities these days, not just TV. Even communities which are quite restrictive suffer these malfeasors because their parents allow them to live with them as "caregivers" - give me a break.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-18-2016, 01:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Adult children, some even into their sixties, who are drug/alcohol addicted/dependent, convicted felons and the like living with ma and/or pa are the bane of many 55 and over communities these days, not just TV. Even communities which are quite restrictive suffer these malfeasors because their parents allow them to live with them as "caregivers" - give me a break.
I do not drink, smoke, take recreational drugs or anything like that. And I am usually very polite. In the Fall of 1992, I went to BYU Law School for ten days or so and was put off by all their rules but it was the pressure to convert to Mormonism from my Puerto Rican dancer roommate that really made me drop out. It did make me very interested in Law Librarianship though. I did work my way through the University of Denver to get a MA (May, 1984) in Librarianship and also earned JD from the University of Minnesota (May, 1989). I worked through my 2nd and 3rd Years of Law School.

I have met other Villager adult children who have many admirable qualities and are living at home.

Marquis Who's Who nominated me to 24 of their different publications from 1992 through 2004. That was while I was living at home working on my 224 613 Project with four degrees and winning often in my efforts internationally to get practical materials into libraries of all kinds for survivors/victims of crimes. I am listed in 14 of these various publications and all of this very hard work was done while living with my parents who admittedly have been wonderful putting up with me and my hobby.

I am still fighting for these survivors/victims of crimes with respect to practical information. I have probably done more for survivor/victims of crimes with respect to access to practical information than several working people combined because I do not have to get any approval from some University Committee to do anything nor answer to stockholders or whatever kind of organizational oversight. I do have to answer to any kind of governmental entities that do keep track of my efforts. All activists do have to abide by the various laws in their countries.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:31 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
I do not drink, smoke, take recreational drugs or anything like that. And I am usually very polite. In the Fall of 1992, I went to BYU Law School for ten days or so and was put off by all their rules but it was the pressure to convert to Mormonism from my Puerto Rican dancer roommate that really made me drop out. It did make me very interested in Law Librarianship though. I did work my way through the University of Denver to get a MA (May, 1984) in Librarianship and also earned JD from the University of Minnesota (May, 1989). I worked through my 2nd and 3rd Years of Law School.

I have met other Villager adult children who have many admirable qualities and are living at home.

Marquis Who's Who nominated me to 24 of their different publications from 1992 through 2004. That was while I was living at home working on my 224 613 Project with four degrees and winning often in my efforts internationally to get practical materials into libraries of all kinds for survivors/victims of crimes. I am listed in 14 of these various publications and all of this very hard work was done while living with my parents who admittedly have been wonderful putting up with me and my hobby.

I am still fighting for these survivors/victims of crimes with respect to practical information. I have probably done more for survivor/victims of crimes with respect to access to practical information than several working people combined because I do not have to get any approval from some University Committee to do anything nor answer to stockholders or whatever kind of organizational oversight. I do have to answer to any kind of governmental entities that do keep track of my efforts. All activists do have to abide by the various laws in their countries.
Tal " Well done". There are a number of legitimate reasons adult children live with their parents and may I add perhaps beneficial. It seems however if we have an adult child living in TV who misbehaves we view them differently and address their issues differently from some of TV retirees who have committed similar acts such as the guy who ended up shooting into a neighbors home...it wasn't because he was living with his parents

We forget that prior to the baby boom generation extended families often lived together throughout their entire lives.

all of the aforementioned to simply say please don't judge others.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-18-2016, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Tal " Well done". There are a number of legitimate reasons adult children live with their parents and may I add perhaps beneficial. It seems however if we have an adult child living in TV who misbehaves we view them differently and address their issues differently from some of TV retirees who have committed similar acts such as the guy who ended up shooting into a neighbors home...it wasn't because he was living with his parents

We forget that prior to the baby boom generation extended families often lived together throughout their entire lives.

all of the aforementioned to simply say please don't judge others.

Personal Best Regards:
Thanks Rubicon. Have been working on this Project in some way or another since February 28, 1976 when I looked in the downtown Washoe County Library in Reno, Nevada to help my fellow Earl Wooster High School students cope with the Michelle Mitchell murder investigation. I could not find anything useful and kept checking in libraries of all kinds for information that would be useful for others facing similar problems. Some of my classmates were questioned about their alibi and such for February 24, 1976 the day of her murder and which is also my birthday. I eventually checked libraries in numerous states and would often also find them lacking. I did find a few very useful publications. Really did not know what was out there until I wrote 4000 victim/witness assistance providers in the 1990s to see what they would like to see in their community's libraries for survivors/victims of crimes. I did not start using these two numbers --224 and 613-- until mid March of 1993 but I have put myself into places where people would listen to my concerns at least if not act on them at all. I did feel often like I was fighting City Hall. I did think I needed those four degrees I have for some credibility. Facebook has been a Godsend for getting my work out there as I can put in links to all the documentation of this story.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Sage

We are blessed in the villages to have law and order. If we suspect wrong doing and it is reported I am confident it will be investigated.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:

I know someone else who does not drink, smoke or do drugs. He also needed a hand from his parents to get his start in life.

Hmmm

As a matter of fact all the people I know who possess those same traits admire that man.

There is hope.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:

This is a very difficult situation to be in for the parent's and for the Assaulter. He may want to stop his bizarre behaviour but doesn't know how, he has no known alternative to the life he has been living. As mentioned before, judging is wrong, understanding and silence is the path to take for the parents who are mainly victims here. In my humble opinion this guy needs a intervention in his life. He needs an alternative route presented before he hurts himself or someone else even worse. He may want relief worse than we can even imagine. Pray for them all.
Closed Thread

Tags
duffy-sedicino, man, anti-police, report, wife

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.