Moonstone Patio Villa Question

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
We bought a Moonstone and will move to TV in about a year. When I looked at photos of the house I noticed the Master Shower has no glass doors on it. There doesn't even seem to be a lip at the bottom to keep water in if using a shower curtain.

So I went to the Home for Sale page and noticed that every Pre-Owned Moonstone shows shower doors, while every Pending Moonstone shows No shower doors.

Has anyone recently moved into a Moonstone, and if so are there shower doors? I'll attempt to put 2 photos in this post showing With and Without.

Thanks!
Why do people buy homes without taking the time to come to TV and do a walk through, ask questions and do their homework
Old 08-18-2022, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardlyworking View Post
He’s just has to denigrate TV sales people. Not a jab at you.
Either way, he's being a jerk.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don5154 View Post
Why do people buy homes without taking the time to come to TV and do a walk through, ask questions and do their homework
You must not realize or in the market, certain new homes are not only selling the second hitting the market, they take backups for up to 20 names. Our friends, we’re on the list of 18 homes and didn’t get any.

Number 19 second on the list, moved to first, bought site unseen. They knew the floor plan, the village but never saw the house in person until day of close., when they arrived in TV.

We have been on the list of 17 lots, that would fit our model, and stretch’s, and lost out on every one. Some we were 15-27 on the list, 3 we were #2. Didn’t get those lots either.

We just dropped a chunk of money on a lot, this morning. Have we seen it in person, NO, do we trust our Agent, yes.

Lot ticked off all but one item, however there are no more lots in this village available, so we were one of the few lucky ones. While not the size, or the exact location in the new village it will work for us, and we will have close to our dream home.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:
We bought a Moonstone and will move to TV in about a year. When I looked at photos of the house I noticed the Master Shower has no glass doors on it. There doesn't even seem to be a lip at the bottom to keep water in if using a shower curtain.

So I went to the Home for Sale page and noticed that every Pre-Owned Moonstone shows shower doors, while every Pending Moonstone shows No shower doors.

Has anyone recently moved into a Moonstone, and if so are there shower doors? I'll attempt to put 2 photos in this post showing With and Without.

Thanks!
It looks like they are not done with the installation. There is no shower head either. Maybe the doors are on back order.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
You must not realize or in the market, certain new homes are not only selling the second hitting the market, they take backups for up to 20 names. Our friends, we’re on the list of 18 homes and didn’t get any.

Number 19 second on the list, moved to first, bought site unseen. They knew the floor plan, the village but never saw the house in person until day of close., when they arrived in TV.

We have been on the list of 17 lots, that would fit our model, and stretch’s, and lost out on every one. Some we were 15-27 on the list, 3 we were #2. Didn’t get those lots either.

We just dropped a chunk of money on a lot, this morning. Have we seen it in person, NO, do we trust our Agent, yes.

Lot ticked off all but one item, however there are no more lots in this village available, so we were one of the few lucky ones. While not the size, or the exact location in the new village it will work for us, and we will have close to our dream home.
Thanks for taking the time to fully answer & explain market conditions.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,062 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
He's asking questions, why do people who live here act so snarky?
Old 08-18-2022, 09:51 AM

If you don’t like cleaning the shower doors then spray Rain-X on the glass regularly and nothing will stick to the glass
Old 08-18-2022, 10:26 AM
Default Moonstone cost cutting measure

So yes there is no shower door. I guess folks are using a shower curtain but we installed a slider. Cost about $800 with installation.

This is our second Moonstone and the first one had sliders but they were crap. The assembly holding the doors were inferior and had to be replaced twice. We even got to a point of only touching one door because we were afraid it would break again.
Old 08-18-2022, 11:40 AM

I have a moonstone. It came with shower doors. During the first year I continually complained that it leaked at the bottom. They sent repair people twice. It still leaked. I complained that the shower was not installed properly. Finally near the end of my warranty they sent a plumbing supervisor. He agreed with me. He ripped the entire shower out right to the studs including the floor pan. Installed everything new. It has not leaked in more than a year and a half. I found the warranty dept very responsive. They even replaced eleven kitchen cabinet doors because of uneven stain. No regrets.
Old 08-18-2022, 01:15 PM
Default Shower door in Patio Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldragbagger View Post
We just moved into a patio villa in March. You are correct. They no longer include the shower door in the master bath. When we had our walkthrough our builder gave us the name of someone who installs them. He came a few days later. I think we paid $590 installed.
We purchased a Patio Villa in Aug. of last year and Master Bath had glass doors but shower/tub in Guest Bath had none. We had to add it.
Old 08-18-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post

This method for trying to acquire a new home is so crazy and stressful we’ll likely buy pre-owned just to avoid it even though we would’ve loved to get a Richmond veranda when they’re available.

Congrats to you! 👍🏻🎉
Old 08-18-2022, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Teddy View Post
This method for trying to acquire a new home is so crazy and stressful we’ll likely buy pre-owned just to avoid it even though we would’ve loved to get a Richmond veranda when they’re available.

Congrats to you! ���������������� �
Thanks Our lot is in Richmond. We wanted a 3 car garage but never won any of 17 lot lottery that was wide enough.

So we are building a Warbler with 4 foot stretch to garage and golf cart and 4 foot stretch to master and lanai. We have room for at least a 14x24-28’ pool.

While not the lot that ticked off everything it was close. Almost all the homes with views have a retaining wall at the back of their property. Richmond is a very picturesque. While the turnpike is 4 streets over plus the vacant land, we don’t hear it, and those homes haven’t been built yet. And yes it was stressful every time lots became available, and we didn’t get them.
Old 08-18-2022, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Your very specific question has a specific answer. Because of huge demand, New Homes are now sold by a Lottery system- unless you buy a customized $ build. You express an interest in a particular model of home and your realtor enters your name into the lottery for that day (or week / month depending on if homes are available). We were number 1 in our lottery, beating out 15 other buyers. For months we were #4, #9, etc. on other houses. Realtor told us that with this system we might NEVER get to buy a house.

If you are #1 in the lottery you get a phone call telling you you have a certain number of HOURS to say Yes or No... Buy or Pass. There is not enough time for people to fly down to walk through the house and ask for modifications. That is why people are acting in a way that seems strange to many people. Of course in normal circumstances buying a house unseen in strange- BUT if it is your dream to buy a house you can afford in TV you must act within the new reality of too many people competing for too few houses.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Your very specific question has a specific answer. Because of huge demand, New Homes are now sold by a Lottery system- unless you buy a customized $ build. You express an interest in a particular model of home and your realtor enters your name into the lottery for that day (or week / month depending on if homes are available). We were number 1 in our lottery, beating out 15 other buyers. For months we were #4, #9, etc. on other houses. Realtor told us that with this system we might NEVER get to buy a house.

If you are #1 in the lottery you get a phone call telling you you have a certain number of HOURS to say Yes or No... Buy or Pass. There is not enough time for people to fly down to walk through the house and ask for modifications. That is why people are acting in a way that seems strange to many people. Of course in normal circumstances buying a house unseen in strange- BUT if it is your dream to buy a house you can afford in TV you must act within the new reality of too many people competing for too few houses.
Wow! Also, I believe if you look at some of the above comments a person was buying a custom build & they had to be in a lottery to buy the lot. Crazy times.
Closed Thread

Tags
moonstone, shower, doors, shows, noticed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.