More bad driver indicators.

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2019, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I've discovered a new "law" of the road-----The overall speed of traffic on a highway is inversely proportional to the number of Priuses on that road
I've found that your "law" seems to apply more...to minivan drivers.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Europe Practices

For years I commuted back and forth to Europe both for pleasure and work. A woman in our office in Paris one time gave me 3 rules if you drive in Europe as opposed to how we drive in America. The rules are 1. Always remember no matter where you are on the road that the person on the right ALWAYS has the right away even if the vehicle is coming on the highway. A good example is if you join the crowd at the Arch De Triumph on a busy Sunday night they will keep moving right and out on the side streets and you will get out in a very organized manner. 2. Don't go into the passing lane unless you are going to pass. period 3. Don't keep looking back to your left for traffic. Because the person may be going 100MPH and you should just pay attention to the other rules. Have always followed these basic rules and never had a problem.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
For years I commuted back and forth to Europe both for pleasure and work. A woman in our office in Paris one time gave me 3 rules if you drive in Europe as opposed to how we drive in America. The rules are 1. Always remember no matter where you are on the road that the person on the right ALWAYS has the right away even if the vehicle is coming on the highway. A good example is if you join the crowd at the Arch De Triumph on a busy Sunday night they will keep moving right and out on the side streets and you will get out in a very organized manner. 2. Don't go into the passing lane unless you are going to pass. period 3. Don't keep looking back to your left for traffic. Because the person may be going 100MPH and you should just pay attention to the other rules. Have always followed these basic rules and never had a problem.
What????

I mean WHAT????

The person on the right DOES NOT ALWAYS have the right of way, ESPECIALLY when "coming on" the highway (or in TV, RB)

Please forward a schedule of where and when you will be on the road so everyone can avoid the area
Old 12-26-2019, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,370 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
What????

I mean WHAT????

The person on the right DOES NOT ALWAYS have the right of way, ESPECIALLY when "coming on" the highway (or in TV, RB)

Please forward a schedule of where and when you will be on the road so everyone can avoid the area
Think the poster was referring to many years ago.
I used to drive a lot in France back in the day, and they did have a rule that traffic junctions gave priority to the right.
Not sure of the rules for the Arc de Triomphe, only went round it once, and to be honest I thought the rule there was shut your eyes and sound the horn!
They now give way to the left, as in the rest of Europe.

In Italy it was "The Fastest car wins!"
Old 12-26-2019, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Think the poster was referring to many years ago.
I used to drive a lot in France back in the day, and they did have a rule that traffic junctions gave priority to the right.
Not sure of the rules for the Arc de Triomphe, only went round it once, and to be honest I thought the rule there was shut your eyes and sound the horn!
They now give way to the left, as in the rest of Europe.

In Italy it was "The Fastest car wins!"
I thought so as well, except for his conclusion of "Have always followed these basic rules and never had a problem."

Perhaps the final phrase of "Have followed these basic rules in France 30 years ago and never had a problem." would have been better.

But then again , we are in TV in 2019
Old 12-26-2019, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,370 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
I thought so as well, except for his conclusion of "Have always followed these basic rules and never had a problem."

Perhaps the final phrase of "Have followed these basic rules in France 30 years ago and never had a problem." would have been better.

But then again , we are in TV in 2019
He will be fine in UK though!!
Old 12-26-2019, 05:03 PM

Someone going around Sumter square the wrong way this morning
Old 12-26-2019, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

out of state tags is a pretty good sign
Old 12-27-2019, 06:48 AM
Sage

What about people who don't pull out into a multi lane intersection, in order to make a left turn, I have had to pull out & go around them, in order to make my turn, this happens @ Morse westbound and 466 & 466 A eastbound & Buena Vista--hate waiting for 2-3 lights in order to make a left turn
Old 12-27-2019, 08:33 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

100 posts.

Let me summarize:

There are bad drivers every where.

Tags
knocked, times, number, year, tire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.