More bad driver indicators.

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts
Default More bad driver indicators.

The number of gates knocked down or crashed (many hit multiple times per year).

The number of dividing posts on multi modal paths either knocked down, partially knocked down or with black tire marks on them (many hit multiple times per year).

Black tire marks up the side of the wall of entrances to tunnels.

The number of horn blowing or bird flipping encounters in traffic circles.....many times per hour per day...any traffic circle.

Just to name a few.

Feel free to add other indicators.....mainly for good humor and entertainment.

.......but scarily TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

I helped a woman in a golf cart after she crossed 441 from Avenida Central onto Griffin and turned into the BP station. She was looking for Target. Had to stop traffic to get her to cross to La Plaza Grande. Then she followed me to the golf cart path that leads to the bridge.There were 2 more carts at the same time there that crossed Griffin to go to the BP because the Shell's pumps were either not working or were out of gas.
Steve
Old 10-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Our golf cart speeds have become unregulated..
I'm a violator myself..Drive around 22 and I'm standing still

In my car I dive 5 over and just yesterday going up Buena Vista Approaching Round About a sign posted LEFT LANE CLOSED Landscapers ahead
Some Idiot in silver car and I Hope they see this decided they were not going to merge right drove on inside of the cones and roundabout ..I prayed that no workers were working around the corner
Yes I saluted them I just don't know what the hurry is here
Old 10-14-2019, 10:07 AM
Sage

I am a very aggressive driver , when I'm behind two cars, side by side doing 5mph under the speed limit on Buena Vista, Morse , 466 and 466 A-- as soon as I can get past one of those oblivious self centered drivers I'll scoot past them and enter my safe zone--
Old 10-14-2019, 10:15 AM
Veteran member

Just don't tailgate me. I always drive the speed limit and up to 5 mph over, but if tailgated, I'll slow down to 5mph total and hope you don't get the chance to pass.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Sage

Never tailgate--if you're in the left lane , getup of the way--its a passing lane--not a personal preference lane
Old 10-14-2019, 10:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Never tailgate--if you're in the left lane , getup of the way--its a passing lane--not a personal preference lane
Not in The Villages with roundabouts, lane staging for entering/exiting is necessary in heavier traffic. This is not an expressway.

You must have the worst luck, in over 15 years of Village living we have never encountered two vehicles side by side both traveling 5 miles under the speed limit. We have, however, encountered those who start late and drive with a heavy foot tailgating the normal drivers.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:40 AM
Sage

Two weekends ago my wife and myself contacted 911, we were sure we were behind a DRUNK driver-after getting in touch with dispatch- we were giving a blow by blow description of the driver almost hitting curbs , driving 10mph under the limit-we gave the dispatcher all the cross streets-we first were in touch from St. Charles and BaileyTr--followed the car onto Buena Vista , the deputy finally caught up with us as we flashed him along side Lopez Legacy--guess what the driver wasn't dunk--but was using a hand held cell phone--per the Dputy when I called the next day-

IMHO--no difference form a person DUI and another person texting and talking on a hand held phone
Old 10-14-2019, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Not in The Villages with roundabouts, lane staging for entering/exiting is necessary in heavier traffic...
Yes. Even in TV with roundabouts.

Same rules as any other multi lane roads. If you’re turning left at the next roundabout, get in the left lane as you approach the roundabout...same principle as any other road system.

Chatbrat’s post is absolutely right.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Yes. Even in TV with roundabouts.

Same rules as any other multi lane roads. If you’re turning left at the next roundabout, get in the left lane as you approach the roundabout...same principle as any other road system.

Chatbrat’s post is absolutely right.
Therefore, there should be no passing by weaving into the right lane in an attempt to outrun the speeding car ahead of one in the left lane which isn’t going fast enough for one’s taste. Correct? Because we see that often.

I offer that if everyone is to be in the right lane except when entering and exiting the roundabouts traffic would be backed up from one end of The Villages to the other. It isn’t feasible with the design and population of this community.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Car driver. "Is this road one way or two way?"

Cart driver. "Actually it's NO WAY, it's a cart path!"

Car driver.

True story. I was that car driver, 20 years ago.

The difference was, I think people were much more tolerant of mistakes back then.
Although the basic civility of TV has stayed, a lot of people seem fly off into a strop, and throw their toys out of the pram much quicker these days.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Car driver. "Is this road one way or two way?"

Cart driver. "Actually it's NO WAY, it's a cart path!"

Car driver.

True story. I was that car driver, 20 years ago.

The difference was, I think people were much more tolerant of mistakes back then.
Although the basic civility of TV has stayed, a lot of people seem fly off into a strop, and throw their toys out of the pram much quicker these days.
Love your analogy, gave me a good laugh.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
...I offer that if everyone is to be in the right lane except when entering and exiting the roundabouts traffic would be backed up from one end of The Villages to the other. It isn’t feasible with the design and population of this community.
That’s not what is being said at all. Not even close. Just don’t stay in the left lane holding up faster traffic when the right lane is open...unless you are approaching a roundabout where you will make a left turn. Very simple.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:31 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
That’s not what is being said at all. Not even close. Just don’t stay in the left lane holding up faster traffic when the right lane is open...unless you are approaching a roundabout where you will make a left turn. Very simple.
That’s quite different than stating all traffic must be in the right lane unless passing.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:41 AM
Sage

On the Autobahn. if you are in the passing lane you better have your left turn signal on and pass, and when you're finished passing you better get out of the passing lane , you'll get a hefty fine if you don't or you might get your rear end handed to you by a Benz or Porsche doing 180mph+
Closed Thread

Tags
knocked, times, number, year, tire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.