More Building Plans - Championship Golf?

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2018, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
...let's not forget that homes can be thrown up very quickly, but good golf courses take a very long time to build and mature to the point when they can open...
I think you answered your own question.

I don't see any great conspiracy or anything. Just the natural evolution of the planning and implementation process for rapid growth.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:59 AM
Sage

Two new executive courses were built in Fenney. At the current ratio, that would cover 3200 new homes and I don't believe Fenney has 3200 homes ;-) And additional executive courses are on the map for the other announced villages. I agree that the courses are not uniformly distributed throughout The Villages. There are more clustered around Bailey/St. Charles but there are also more houses there. There are 7 courses below 466a not counting Grey Fox and Red Fox. I haven't seen any evidence that The Villages is cutting back on executive courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Simple division does not explain the lack of executive courses in many of the new areas. Get yourself a map and look at the area that has Bogart/Bacall/Yankee Clipper/Southern Star/Sandhill/Turtle Mount/Redfish Run/Bonita Pass/Tarpon Boil/Pelican/Heron. Where on the southern map do you see that many executives that are that close together?
Old 07-16-2018, 09:14 AM
Sage

It appears that a new Championship Course is planned for the new area south of 44. I don't know the plans for additional championship courses beyond that. The Villages does keep plans close to the chest so I wouldn't make too much of the fact that additional future championship golf course plans have not been released. Care to provide some Villages specific data to support your theory that "The golf ratio is dropping very rapidly on a daily basis and that is a fact" ?

Quote:
It doesent take a rocket scientist to figure out the declining golf ratio per home. The last Championship course to open was four years ago, and lots and lots of homes have been built since then. Lots and lots of more homes are currently being built, as well as going forward, with no end in sight. Yet no new Championship courses are currently being built and it appears as though none are planned in the near future. And let's not forget that homes can be thrown up very quickly, but good golf courses take a very long time to build and mature to the point when they can open. The golf ratio is dropping very rapidly on a daily basis and that is a fact!
Old 07-16-2018, 01:43 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

Two more 9 hole executive courses Loblolly and Longleaf are scheduled to open this fall in the village of McClure.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Are there plans for more than one bridge/tunnel crossing the turnpike?
Old 07-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
It appears that a new Championship Course is planned for the new area south of 44. I don't know the plans for additional championship courses beyond that. The Villages does keep plans close to the chest so I wouldn't make too much of the fact that additional future championship golf course plans have not been released. Care to provide some Villages specific data to support your theory that "The golf ratio is dropping very rapidly on a daily basis and that is a fact" ?
The reference is for Championship golf, not executive. The data is self evident. Belle Glade opened 4 years ago, since then lots and lots of new homes have been built, but no more Championship golf. New homes going up daily, no Championship golf is being built. What more data do you need? The math only requires two numbers, one is the number of Championship golf courses, and the other is the number of homes built. When the number of homes built goes up daily and the number of Championship golf remains constant, the golf ratio drops. That is not a theory, it's a fact!
Old 07-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Sage

Whatever you say ...

Quote:
The reference is for Championship golf, not executive. The data is self evident. Belle Glade opened 4 years ago, since then lots and lots of new homes have been built, but no more Championship golf. New homes going up daily, no Championship golf is being built. What more data do you need? The math only requires two numbers, one is the number of Championship golf courses, and the other is the number of homes built. When the number of homes built goes up daily and the number of Championship golf remains constant, the golf ratio drops. That is not a theory, it's a fact!
Old 07-17-2018, 08:38 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

Quote:
The have already announced plans to build a champ. course south of 468 and east of the Turnpike. If you ride down to the Fenny sales office yon can see all that is underway on display,
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, turnpike, south, championship, amenity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.