More Building Plans - Championship Golf?
Home

Menu


More Building Plans - Championship Golf?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-16-2018, 08:33 AM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
...let's not forget that homes can be thrown up very quickly, but good golf courses take a very long time to build and mature to the point when they can open...
I think you answered your own question.

I don't see any great conspiracy or anything. Just the natural evolution of the planning and implementation process for rapid growth.
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 07-16-2018, 08:59 AM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,472
Default

Two new executive courses were built in Fenney. At the current ratio, that would cover 3200 new homes and I don't believe Fenney has 3200 homes ;-) And additional executive courses are on the map for the other announced villages. I agree that the courses are not uniformly distributed throughout The Villages. There are more clustered around Bailey/St. Charles but there are also more houses there. There are 7 courses below 466a not counting Grey Fox and Red Fox. I haven't seen any evidence that The Villages is cutting back on executive courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Simple division does not explain the lack of executive courses in many of the new areas. Get yourself a map and look at the area that has Bogart/Bacall/Yankee Clipper/Southern Star/Sandhill/Turtle Mount/Redfish Run/Bonita Pass/Tarpon Boil/Pelican/Heron. Where on the southern map do you see that many executives that are that close together?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #33  
Old 07-16-2018, 09:14 AM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,472
Default

It appears that a new Championship Course is planned for the new area south of 44. I don't know the plans for additional championship courses beyond that. The Villages does keep plans close to the chest so I wouldn't make too much of the fact that additional future championship golf course plans have not been released. Care to provide some Villages specific data to support your theory that "The golf ratio is dropping very rapidly on a daily basis and that is a fact" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It doesent take a rocket scientist to figure out the declining golf ratio per home. The last Championship course to open was four years ago, and lots and lots of homes have been built since then. Lots and lots of more homes are currently being built, as well as going forward, with no end in sight. Yet no new Championship courses are currently being built and it appears as though none are planned in the near future. And let's not forget that homes can be thrown up very quickly, but good golf courses take a very long time to build and mature to the point when they can open. The golf ratio is dropping very rapidly on a daily basis and that is a fact!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-16-2018, 01:43 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 739
Default

Two more 9 hole executive courses Loblolly and Longleaf are scheduled to open this fall in the village of McClure.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-16-2018, 02:06 PM
bagboy bagboy is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,178
Default

Are there plans for more than one bridge/tunnel crossing the turnpike?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-16-2018, 08:54 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
It appears that a new Championship Course is planned for the new area south of 44. I don't know the plans for additional championship courses beyond that. The Villages does keep plans close to the chest so I wouldn't make too much of the fact that additional future championship golf course plans have not been released. Care to provide some Villages specific data to support your theory that "The golf ratio is dropping very rapidly on a daily basis and that is a fact" ?
The reference is for Championship golf, not executive. The data is self evident. Belle Glade opened 4 years ago, since then lots and lots of new homes have been built, but no more Championship golf. New homes going up daily, no Championship golf is being built. What more data do you need? The math only requires two numbers, one is the number of Championship golf courses, and the other is the number of homes built. When the number of homes built goes up daily and the number of Championship golf remains constant, the golf ratio drops. That is not a theory, it's a fact!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-16-2018, 09:28 PM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,472
Default

Whatever you say ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The reference is for Championship golf, not executive. The data is self evident. Belle Glade opened 4 years ago, since then lots and lots of new homes have been built, but no more Championship golf. New homes going up daily, no Championship golf is being built. What more data do you need? The math only requires two numbers, one is the number of Championship golf courses, and the other is the number of homes built. When the number of homes built goes up daily and the number of Championship golf remains constant, the golf ratio drops. That is not a theory, it's a fact!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The reference is for Championship golf, not executive. The data is self evident. Belle Glade opened 4 years ago, since then lots and lots of new homes have been built, but no more Championship golf. New homes going up daily, no Championship golf is being built. What more data do you need? The math only requires two numbers, one is the number of Championship golf courses, and the other is the number of homes built. When the number of homes built goes up daily and the number of Championship golf remains constant, the golf ratio drops. That is not a theory, it's a fact!
The have already announced plans to build a champ. course south of 468 and east of the Turnpike. If you ride down to the Fenny sales office yon can see all that is underway on display,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
golf, turnpike, south, championship, amenity

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Clubs, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.