More Fenney-area plans

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I think it is wonderful that there is so much happening in Fenny. We have certainly maxed our infrastructure out up here especially when the birds are here. The major problem which I don't see addressed is Medical care. Everyone still has to go to the two main hospitals and the docs are all up North.
There are new medical facilities in Brownwood with new doctors along with urgent care and the big one is in the works along with an emergency facility confirmed to be built south of 44 across from Brownwood. Also lots of doctors in Leesburg as well as the hospital, much closer than up north for us that live here. Lake Sumter is not that far from here either, 20 minutes up Morse.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I think it is wonderful that there is so much happening in Fenny. We have certainly maxed our infrastructure out up here especially when the birds are here. The major problem which I don't see addressed is Medical care. Everyone still has to go to the two main hospitals and the docs are all up North.
More are coming:
  • The Villages Health at Brownwood is now open (mainly primary care physicians)
  • 441 Urgent Care is now open south of Brownwood
  • The Villages Health Center for Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood is coming west of Grand Traverse Plaza
  • The Villages Regional Hospital satellite 24/7 Emergency Room is coming south of Brownwood
  • Expansion of the Leesburg Regional Medical Center is in progress
  • Doctor offices are coming in Wildwood along 466A, 44A and (I think) 44.

Wonderful Medical News for The Villages
Old 12-07-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Tango View Post
Since my wife and I just purchased a new home in the Hyacinth Villa section of Fenney this morning, I am happy to hear this good news.
Welcome to the neighborhood. Looking forward to being down there on the 16th.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome Brenda. I just sent you and Steve a private message. We look forward to meeting you. We'll be closing Jan. 8th on 5630 Whitetail Ave.

We really like Fenney and we're looking forward to meeting you both.

John & Sherry
Hershey, PA
Old 12-08-2017, 01:51 PM

Can't wait for Southern Oaks to be added to the TV orbit!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

We must hope and pray the developer stays active in TV's present-future... just look at what happened to Disney's Celebration when Disney left its Celebration home-owners-residents to fend for themselves...
Old 12-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

One of the motivations for CDDs is to address the continued maintenance needs of the community amenities after the Developer has finished. The CDDs have the authority to collect funds to maintain what the Developer has installed and they must do so in a regulated and transparent manner. This is one the things that I like about the CDD system in FL. If you haven't had the chance, try to attend one of the monthly "Villages 101" classes. It is very informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppa View Post
We must hope and pray the developer stays active in TV's present-future... just look at what happened to Disney's Celebration when Disney left its Celebration home-owners-residents to fend for themselves...
Old 12-13-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Softball - Shopping - Regional Recreation Center - Championship Golf

The attached plan was submitted for the approval of villas and it also shows the surrounding areas.

North of CR468
  • Everglades Softball Complex - 4 diamonds
  • Magnolia Plaza - looks like 1 big store ... maybe grocery? ... Publix, Winn-Dixie, Walmart Neighborhood Market?
  • Everglades Regional Recreation Center - although it's labeled softball complex, the building, parking and sports courts can be seen. Also, in a different plan that I saw, it was labeled as a rec center.
South of 468
  • Tall Pines Golf Course - this is the north end of 27 holes that stretch to the south. In the Golf section of TOTV is a plan that shows all 27 holes.
I have just moved into a villa in Fenney and I don't know about the rest of you but I hate that there is little to no cell service and at the rec center there is NONE! we need to get a petition together so they will build a cell tower soon..
Old 12-14-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Since my wife and I just purchased a new home in the Hyacinth Villa section of Fenney this morning, I am happy to hear this good news.
Congratulations. We will be south of you on Wood Stork Way...moving next May.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 12-14-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
Congratulations. We will be south of you on Wood Stork Way...moving next May.
Looking forward to meeting you and our new neighbors in Fenney!
Old 12-14-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Looking forward to meeting you and our new neighbors in Fenney!
Same here. This will be another big change for us but we are thrilled about this move. All we have to do now is get our current home ready to sell, sell it and move. Hopefully the closing on both houses occur in the same timeframe (I know - wishful thinking!)
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 12-14-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
Same here. This will be another big change for us but we are thrilled about this move. All we have to do now is get our current home ready to sell, sell it and move. Hopefully the closing on both houses occur in the same timeframe (I know - wishful thinking!)
Same here. We kind of bought spur of the moment and are thrilled. But sometimes we think what did we do, and if we made the right decision. But then we get back down to Fenney and TV and all is good. We're not bringing anything with us so it's a little daunting thinking of getting the house set up from scratch. Good luck with your move. Hope your house sale timing works out for you.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Same here. We kind of bought spur of the moment and are thrilled. But sometimes we think what did we do, and if we made the right decision. But then we get back down to Fenney and TV and all is good. We're not bringing anything with us so it's a little daunting thinking of getting the house set up from scratch. Good luck with your move. Hope your house sale timing works out for you.
Thanks very much!
Closed Thread

Tags
center, plan, golf, softball, labeled

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.