More Jewelry Taken

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
If we are throwing out thoughts just for discussion without any real facts to back up our words; the first thing I thought of in both cases were fraud. Times are tough and perhaps the homeowners thought reporting a burglary (supposedly days after the fact) and making a $12,000-plus insurance claim would be an easy and quick way to make a few buck.
I have a close relative in the insurance business, as a claims investigator. The scenario you describe is highly plausible . . .
Old 01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Sage
Default Slow down those thieves!

Like Gracie said, we are neighborhood watch communities and neighbors should look out for neighbors. After a while, you get use to how your neighbors live and know if the garage door is open or windows are open there may be a problem. We are very security minded. I think even if someone gets into the home and doesn't have to chance to steel anything it's certainly better than getting away with something. It's such an invasion of privacy and creepy knowing someone has entered your home. We can only do our best to outsmart the thieves. Put in motion lights and keep doors and garage door secured at all times, even if your home. Lets all stay one step ahead of them.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
Got in Alarms went off they cut power to the home and battery backup. Internet. Made off with the valuables. The security company just said Oh well they were good!
No, no, no you have to enter the home to cut the battery backup power. In the process of entering the home or in the process of looking for the backup power the alarm will sound. The second obstacle is the backup power is enclosed in a box, you must open the box to cut the power. I can not even open the box on my alarm without it going off. Many alarm devices have tamper switches open the device and even if the alarm is not armed it will sound.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post

>>> SNIPPED part of post <<<<

Many alarm devices have TAMPER SWITCHES ... open the device and even if the alarm is not armed it will sound.
.....You are correct........I also heard it called a "dead-man".

..The alarm guy said "....if you mess with that again....You are a Dead-Man".

.....actually that would be a "Dead-BROKE-Man"......That service call ...$$$..OUCH.

Nothing of monetary value in this household anyway...
.......NEVER could afford jewelry.....or much of anything extra.
.......why would I even need an alarm system?
>>>don't answer that....I DO know why???

Last edited by mrfixit; 01-19-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: tmi
Old 01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Gold member
Default Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
WE ARE the biggest neighborhood watch of anywhere in the world, I would guess.

I think security cameras on houses are much better deterrents than security systems inside. I think we are catching more crooks because we catch them on camera. You never know these days who is taking your picture.

Are you reading this, you ugly, nasty, yellow bellied crooks???????
Our school was having lockers broke into tobacco chew spit on the walls and floors. Hall ways keyed and doors scratched. Depris throw up into the ceilings.

Toilets uriniated on and deficated on. Mirrors ripped of the wall sinks busted, Smoke filled bathrooms

When we as a collective staff asked the Super for cameras and help we heard NO! It is their RIGHT! to not be video taped or a pic taken.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This county is in deep do do! Kids taking over from adults.

Go get em Grace!
YOU GO GIRL! YEA Gracie

Last edited by CarGuys; 01-19-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Mystery Theatre

Well we certainly are not short of Charlie Chans here in The Villages.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Well we certainly are not short of Charlie Chans here in The Villages.
"Ancient ancestor once say, accidents can happen, if planned that way," Charlie Chan.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
No, no, no you have to enter the home to cut the battery backup power. In the process of entering the home or in the process of looking for the backup power the alarm will sound. The second obstacle is the backup power is enclosed in a box, you must open the box to cut the power. I can not even open the box on my alarm without it going off. Many alarm devices have tamper switches open the device and even if the alarm is not armed it will sound.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Sage

I don't have much "stuff" to protect either but it's such an invasion of privacy that I don't want anyone pawing through my things looking for something that isn't there. You,d probably never feel the same about your home once someone riffled through it. Yuck!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Veteran member
Default New Security Sign for Your Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
If you have enough stuff that is that valuable and a thief wants it, a home security system will not stop him. They can all be by passed and if its worth the time to by pass they will. Alarms are like locks, they only keep the not quit honest, honest.
Maybe this sign on your lawn will deter would be burglars:

villagessecuritysign-jpg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.