More new houses near 466...

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Sage
Default More new houses near 466...

Yes, that was 466, not 466A.

I've seen passing reference in the paper about plans to amend boundaries of CDD9. CDD9 is generally south of 466A and the eastern half of new development between 466A and 44.

But, this amendment, to be voted on by Sumter County Commissioners tonight, amends CDD9 to include approx 62 acres just south of 466 and East of Morse Blvd (roughly across from Sante Fe shopping plaza and where cows now roam).

These 62 acres will hold 335 homes. Infrastructure will be built this year. Does not include a detailed homesite or street plan.

This area was once rumored to be a hotel site. I guess, and this is only my opinion, the developer is finding it more expedient and perhaps more profitable to build and sell houses rather than more commercial development.

There was also a little blurb in the paper that Lady Lake town council rezoned a parcel across 466 from the LaZamora gate to be commercial...no tenants identified as yet but some discussion of convenience store or restaurant.

Here's a link to Sumter county commissioner meeting agenda:

http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/agendas.aspx?AGID=155
Old 02-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
But, this amendment, to be voted on by Sumter County Commissioners tonight, amends CDD9 to include approx 62 acres just south of 466 and East of Morse Blvd (roughly across from Sante Fe shopping plaza and where cows now roam).
Is that where the circle on Morris is that has an exit to nowhere on the east side just before reaching 446 northbound? The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Yes, that was 466, not 466A.

I've seen passing reference in the paper about plans to amend boundaries of CDD9. CDD9 is generally south of 466A and the eastern half of new development between 466A and 44.

These 62 acres will hold 335 homes. Infrastructure will be built this year. Does not include a detailed homesite or street plan.

This area was once rumored to be a hotel site. I guess, and this is only my opinion, the developer is finding it more expedient and perhaps more profitable to build and sell houses rather than more commercial development.

There was also a little blurb in the paper that Lady Lake town council rezoned a parcel across 466 from the LaZamora gate to be commercial...no tenants identified as yet but some discussion of convenience store or restaurant.

Here's a link to Sumter county commissioner meeting agenda:

http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/agendas.aspx?AGID=155
Premiers will be built there. They are selling new Premiers, (not so much the used ones) and they haven't got a new place to put the Premiers until the area south of 466A is finished.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Sage

This is different than the Laurel Valley group of premiers that's west of Morse on the south side of 466, right? Where the streets are already getting put in, etc......

Bill
Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Mission Hills

This sounds like it it off the roundabout at Morse where the street Mission Hills Starts and goes no where. Just My Guess

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage

Gracie...this is different from the area halfway between Morse and BV (i.e. Laurel Valley).

This site is east of Morse on 466 (going towards Rolling Acres Rd)

335 homes on 62 acres implies designers or a mix of designer/villa/cottages.

Yes, this is the area just off that last roundabout on Morse before 466. It'll be interesting to see if that road is extended to the new homes, because, then it would cross the multimodal path and require a gate house vs putting the road access on 466.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Sage

Oops. Wasn't paying attention. I think we passed an area under construction there and I wondered if it was another builder. Are they moving dirt there?

Thanks for keeping us up 07!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Sage

Isn't that the area that a few years ago was getting soil dumped in to "restore" it to its prior natural state?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Sage

Village 07...Did you read this in the legal notices this morning.?

"The Village Center Community Development District intends to amend and restate Chapter 10 of its Rule To Bring About Deed Compliance in the town of Lady Lake portion of the Villagage. ("Rule") and impose fines for violation therof. Per Section 190.012(4((a), Florida Statutes, the District has been granted the authority to adopt rules necessary for the District to enforce certain existing deed restrictions pertaining to the external use and appearance of real property.....etc...."

What do you think that means?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Village 07...Did you read this in the legal notices this morning.?

"The Village Center Community Development District intends to amend and restate Chapter 10 of its Rule To Bring About Deed Compliance in the town of Lady Lake portion of the Villagage. ("Rule") and impose fines for violation therof. Per Section 190.012(4((a), Florida Statutes, the District has been granted the authority to adopt rules necessary for the District to enforce certain existing deed restrictions pertaining to the external use and appearance of real property.....etc...."

What do you think that means?
The deed restrictions will now be enforced by the VCCDD.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 PM

I predict that the Polo Grounds and surrounding area will eventually be the location of another village after build out and when the developer moves on to Texas.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post
I predict that the Polo Grounds and surrounding area will eventually be the location of another village after build out and when the developer moves on to Texas.
I am probably missing something. Does the above post and others mean the area north of 466 and east of Polo Ridge?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
The deed restrictions will now be enforced by the VCCDD.
You mean they will have to remove the dog statues that are um...wetting on the fire hydrant?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
I am probably missing something. Does the above post and others mean the area north of 466 and east of Polo Ridge?
The original post refers to something that is going to actually happen. If you are heading north on Morse Blvd. leaving Sumter Landing, it is the area to your right and across the street (south) from the Church located on Rt. 466.

My statement about the Polo Grounds area is just a prediction on my part that the developer will fill in open areas after final build out. If you think it is tough to get a tee time for a group now, wait until after final build out. When he moves on to Texas for his next development, there will be no need for the Polo Grounds, which I am sure is not used enough to support itself.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Sage

V07,
Thanks for the information. The county commission resolution to approve the change is amusingly uninformative as to why it was requested. The resolution states (I added the bold):

WHEREAS, the Board of County Commissioners established the Village Community Development District No. 9 (“District”) by Ordinance 04-37 and amended the District by Ordinance 2010-08; and
WHEREAS, in the process of going forward with development activities it has come to the attention of the developer that additional changes are necessary in the boundary and to add 62.09acres.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Board of County Commissioners of Sumter County...

"It has come to the attention of the developer that additional changes are necessary"?

Um... Translation
Gary to Sumter County:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.