More new houses near 466...

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
I wonder if the people in the homes in Duval that back up to Flagler Plaza know what's coming in their backyards? There is a concrete wall that separates the area but it's sure not going to hide a two story building.

Also thought it was interesting that when I "Googled" the name of the developer for this project "GTMJ Investment Group", guess where it led me back to ... 1020 Lake Sumter Landing The Villages FL, the address for the developer and all their aliases.
Another reason why when we were looking to buy, we only wanted to look at villas with established things already built around it. No surprises that way!

Army Guy
Old 02-10-2011, 09:30 AM

Since Flagler Plaza was to be a commercial development, probably with several stores, I would think that the Villages Assisted Living Facility would be preferable. There should be a lot less noise and automobile activity in the area. I think if our home backed up to that wall, I would prefer the assisted living facility.

If you look at the preliminary plans for the assisted living facility, there is still a large area of Flagler Plaza to be developed. Maybe it will turn out be be used for some additional medical facilities such as doctor offices. Only time will tell.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
Since Flagler Plaza was to be a commercial development, probably with several stores, I would think that the Villages Assisted Living Facility would be preferable. There should be a lot less noise and automobile activity in the area. I think if our home backed up to that wall, I would prefer the assisted living facility.

If you look at the preliminary plans for the assisted living facility, there is still a large area of Flagler Plaza to be developed. Maybe it will turn out be be used for some additional medical facilities such as doctor offices. Only time will tell.
When we first looked at buying in that area we were told that parcel was slated for "professional offices" and not commercial. But the county currently shows it with a use description of "Vacant Residential".
Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Gold member

Chopper, I understand but, there is a big downside to that also. They just built a new Assisted Living not far from our Alabama home, and the people around it hate it! First, all the high intensity lights outside and around in the parking lot. Night is now day for them, and the worst is the increase in ambulance noise.

Army Guy
Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 AM

Army Guy,

I never thought about about the ambulance noise. That could get to be a bit annoying. As for the lights, I thought any commercial or professional plaza would also have a lot of lighting. Maybe since the entrance is under a canopy in the front, they will not have a lot of intrusive lights toward the rear of the facility. At least the traffic should be less, especially in the evening hours.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Ambulance noise should not be that significant of an issue, we all hear sirens night and day.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
They just built a new Assisted Living not far from our Alabama home, and the people around it hate it! First, all the high intensity lights outside and around in the parking lot. Night is now day for them, and the worst is the increase in ambulance noise.
For The Villages-style assisted living facility, go and take a look at Homewood/Freedom Pointe (across from the hospital, between the nursing care facility and the independent living apartments.) It is beautiful, quiet, with the same trees and landscaping we expect everywhere in TV, no bright lights and when ambulances need to come, they do not use sirens.

Don't be a NIMBY -- most of us will need assisted living someday.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
For The Villages-style assisted living facility, go and take a look at Homewood/Freedom Pointe (across from the hospital, between the nursing care facility and the independent living apartments.) It is beautiful, quiet, with the same trees and landscaping we expect everywhere in TV, no bright lights and when ambulances need to come, they do not use sirens.

Don't be a NIMBY -- most of us will need assisted living someday.
AGREE!

Army Guy
Old 02-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default More Houses???

Was up on Morse Blvd by Hacienda Hills Country Club the other day. Noticed survey work going on in the big empty field accross from HHH country club. Don't know but maybe more homes going in. That's another large empty parcel.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Indoor pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I wonder if

the residents could vote on the issue...

IF the area now used as a Polo Field would remain if the choice was;

A. The current use, A Polo Field and gathering place.
B. An indoor workout area and indoor pool.

Just thought I'd start something...
Bring on that indoor pool. The sooner the better!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Gold member

an indoor pool is totally unnecessary in this part of Florida. When is it going to be used? Three days in January maybe.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
an indoor pool is totally unnecessary in this part of Florida. When is it going to be used? Three days in January maybe.
How many winters have you spent here in TV?

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Gold member
Default Site work on CR 466

Have looked in Daily Sun Construction Updates and see no mention of work at site located on southside of CR 466 just west of the Villages Charter School. any idea about what is being built there?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Charter School

Heard thru the grapevine it's going to be a pre school.Don't know for certain but I guess it would complete the program. Pre thru graduation. Makes sense.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Sage

I vote for the polo fields. Not that we get a vote.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.