More new houses near 466...

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post

My statement about the Polo Grounds area is just a prediction on my part that the developer will fill in open areas after final build out. If you think it is tough to get a tee time for a group now, wait until after final build out. When he moves on to Texas for his next development, there will be no need for the Polo Grounds, which I am sure is not used enough to support itself.
The land east of the polo grounds is not owned by the developer as far as I can tell from looking at the county web site. The polo grounds also show up as a drive in theater is you look at the owner information.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I wonder if

the residents could vote on the issue...

IF the area now used as a Polo Field would remain if the choice was;

A. The current use, A Polo Field and gathering place.
B. An indoor workout area and indoor pool.

Just thought I'd start something...
Old 02-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Any guesses as to how long it would be before TV would actually offer homes for sale in that area? It looks to be quite a ways off to me.

How fast do they put infrastructure in and develop lots in this area?

In another life I was a builder in Texas and the development laws were very builder 'friendly'. We could go from raw dirt (like farmland) to infrastructure (streets, sewers, utilities) and would be selling homes in 6 months. In the DC area it takes years to do the same because of all the regulations and development laws.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage

73goat - In looking through some of the detail in the docs for their meeting last night, it was noted that the various pieces of the infrastructure (site prep, drainage, sewers, water, etc.) would be done in "2011". Literally, that was the timeframe noted for each individual part of the breakdown. Pretty open-ended. I'd guess it'll be next year sometime before any houses start popping up there.

Bill
Old 02-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You mean they will have to remove the dog statues that are um...wetting on the fire hydrant?
No - it means that they are having a meeting to finalize the fine structure for that district. If you look in today's paper they are doing that for all of the districts on the north side.

They are not going to change the current deed restrictions to include no lawn ornaments in places that can have lawn ornaments.

But they will now issue monetary fines for violations of the deed restrictions that are in effect.

These monetary fines are listed at www.districtgov.org:

http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...standards.aspx

Hope this helps.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:23 PM

If you look through those agenda documents from last night's meeting (pages 271 - 279), you will also see preliminary plans for a two-story Villages Assisted Living Facility that is to be built north of County Road 466A in the area that is designated as Flagler Plaza on The Villages street map.

Last edited by Chopper; 02-09-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added agenda page numbers
Old 02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post
I predict that the Polo Grounds and surrounding area will eventually be the location of another village after build out and when the developer moves on to Texas.
The family has been building TV for 40 to 50 years. They have never torn down a facility to build more homes.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I wonder if

the residents could vote on the issue...

IF the area now used as a Polo Field would remain if the choice was;

A. The current use, A Polo Field and gathering place.
B. An indoor workout area and indoor pool.

Just thought I'd start something...
"B" sounds good to me, GG.....b

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
If you look through those agenda documents from last night's meeting (pages 271 - 279), you will also see preliminary plans for a two-story Villages Assisted Living Facility that is to be built north of County Road 466A in the area that is designated as Flagler Plaza on The Villages street map.
I wonder if the people in the homes in Duval that back up to Flagler Plaza know what's coming in their backyards? There is a concrete wall that separates the area but it's sure not going to hide a two story building.

Also thought it was interesting that when I "Googled" the name of the developer for this project "GTMJ Investment Group", guess where it led me back to ... 1020 Lake Sumter Landing The Villages FL, the address for the developer and all their aliases.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:43 PM

The Villages Polo Club is no longer owned by the developer so I don't think it will ever turn into a residential area. It was sold last year, but I can't remember the name of the new owner.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Platinum member
Cool

You know what bothers me?

I am really concerned that any posts here will end up being totally blown away because of unnecessarily strict comments!

True, it's a matter of age, I'm afraid!!!!!!

SWR
Old 02-09-2011, 09:09 PM

The way I understand it, this is private property and not part of The Villages or our amenities. Yes, a couple years ago, they got rid of all the locals and put the Polo in the hands of a professional management company to make money. The management did not do well. I could write a book on what really happened. The Morse family did not do right by many people. But that is another whole story. ( No, I will not debate this statement...too complicated, people lost their jobs, promises were broken) So now they have moved a great guy and professional Polo player into managing their Polo seasons. He is doing a great job and numbers are back up.
I seriously doubt if they would ever build on the Polo fields as these fields are very expensive to build and many family members and friends enjoy playing Polo. Plus they are part of the family compound with beautiful ranches, beautiful homes and 4 more practice Polo fields.
So folks, that's my understanding and back to basketball. Gotta watch Duke and UNC.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 PM

Larry,

Thanks for setting the record straight regarding the Polo Club. It obviously was just a management change and not a change in ownership. But, I agree that it will probably never be turned in to a residential area.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post

I am really concerned that any posts here will end up being totally blown away because of unnecessarily strict comments!

SWR
Hi Swrinfla,
I don't understand your meaning. But I always respect your opinions and usually agree. Would you mind rephrasing?
Old 02-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post

SWR
Dear SWR....Like P, (and I do TRY to be like P,) Like P, I don't understand either and also like her, I always enjoy and take to heart what you say.

Could you tell us more?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.