More new houses near 466...

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Default environmentally sensitive ???

WHEN I CAME HERE THAT AREA WAS UNDER WATER AND WHERE I CAME FROM IT WAS ILLEGAL TO FILL WETLANDS AND AT BEST YOU NEED ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENTs PRIOR TO ANY APPROVALS
Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmca View Post
WHEN I CAME HERE THAT AREA WAS UNDER WATER AND WHERE I CAME FROM IT WAS ILLEGAL TO FILL WETLANDS AND AT BEST YOU NEED ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENTs PRIOR TO ANY APPROVALS
Why are you shouting??
Old 02-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Gold member
Default Effects of the expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Yes, that was 466, not 466A.

I've seen passing reference in the paper about plans to amend boundaries of CDD9. CDD9 is generally south of 466A and the eastern half of new development between 466A and 44.

But, this amendment, to be voted on by Sumter County Commissioners tonight, amends CDD9 to include approx 62 acres just south of 466 and East of Morse Blvd (roughly across from Sante Fe shopping plaza and where cows now roam).

These 62 acres will hold 335 homes. Infrastructure will be built this year. Does not include a detailed homesite or street plan.

This area was once rumored to be a hotel site. I guess, and this is only my opinion, the developer is finding it more expedient and perhaps more profitable to build and sell houses rather than more commercial development.

There was also a little blurb in the paper that Lady Lake town council rezoned a parcel across 466 from the LaZamora gate to be commercial...no tenants identified as yet but some discussion of convenience store or restaurant.

Here's a link to Sumter county commissioner meeting agenda:

http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/agendas.aspx?AGID=155
Interesting. I remember a few years ago, when I attended the CDD presentation for new residents, Pete Wahl said that The Villages would never expand beyond its then-platted boundaries because there was no more available land. I guess that is not the case anymore.

Do you have any thoughts on the effects (positive or negative), if any, of the proposed expansion on current Villages residents? I cannot think of any material effects, except it makes one wonder when the expansion will stop, if ever.

Did I miss the Daily Sun's coverage of the matter?
Old 02-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Veteran member
Default Re:Charter School

Yes- just west of the charter school, they are building a pre-school building. Charter School has pre-school now but needs those rooms for more K-4 students. Also they are adding on to the Middle School. Everything will be ready by August 2011. Dollars donated by the Morse family.

Becky
Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Advogado;333086]Interesting. I remember a few years ago, when I attended the CDD presentation for new residents, Pete Wahl said that The Villages would never expand beyond its then-platted boundaries because there was no more available land. I guess that is not the case anymore.

QUOTE]

Maybe that was "BEFORE" Clyde Bailey and Jack O'Dell decided to sell their ranches. Hence we have Bailey Trail and O'Dell Circle. I can think of at least three other large areas of land directly adjacent to the "current" TV properties that likely will become available to the developers of TV. Simple economics...current owner can quit working and have a big bundle of cash to boot.

Last edited by mrfixit; 04-13-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: focus on answer
Old 04-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
Interesting. I remember a few years ago, when I attended the CDD presentation for new residents, Pete Wahl said that The Villages would never expand beyond its then-platted boundaries because there was no more available land. I guess that is not the case anymore.
Maybe that was "BEFORE" Clyde Bailey and Jack O'Dell decided to sell their ranches. Hence we have Bailey Trail and O'Dell Circle. I can think of at least three other large areas of land directly adjacent to the "current" TV properties that likely will become available to the developers of TV. Simple economics...current owner can quit working and have a big bundle of cash to boot.
Is one of those areas you're talking about east of Colony Plaza in Lake Co. along 466A? Seems to be a lot of land for potential future development there.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.