Morse Blvd safety

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Are you feelin' it too? I thought it was PMS, and then I remembered.
In my household:

Pray to God.

M
ove out of the way.

S
leep on the sofa.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Agree completely with you. Buena Vista is 35 mph. Morse should be 35. I was on Morse yesterday and drivers seemed to be sticking to the 30 and golf carts did not do anything out of the ordinary. Turning onto Rio Grande was smooth and the carts on Rio Grande had no problem staying in the cart lane.

No changes needed but the 35 mph would make complete sense.
Actually, 35 would foul up the consistency of speed limits. Basically, if the MM path is separate from the roadway, the limit is 35. If the MM path is the diamond lane and part of the roadway, the limit is 30. So Morse and BV are 35 except where the MM path is part of the roadway. The only exceptions I can think of are Rio Grande and Del Mar, but there the limit is lower, not higher.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Actually, 35 would foul up the consistency of speed limits. Basically, if the MM path is separate from the roadway, the limit is 35. If the MM path is the diamond lane and part of the roadway, the limit is 30. So Morse and BV are 35 except where the MM path is part of the roadway. The only exceptions I can think of are Rio Grande and Del Mar, but there the limit is lower, not higher.
Well explained. Thank you.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Why would anyone be using Cruise Control on a neighborhood road with slow speed limits and traffic lights and so many other possibilities to cause you to have to stop or slow down or swerve. I don't get it!! I only use cruise control on interstate highways/expressways. This sounds a lot more dangerous than speeders on Morse.
Nothing dangerous, it just maintains a steady speed, much easier to do the speed limit. If you need to slow down or stop you use the brake just like you would if you had been controlling speed with the gas pedal.

Bill
NY, Miami, Elizabeth City, Mobile, Corpus Christi, Cape Cod, Corpus Christi, Miami, Arnold MD, Mobile, Atlanta, Greenville NC, Raleigh, Village Rio Ranchero!
Old 06-13-2015, 06:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGretired View Post
Nothing dangerous, it just maintains a steady speed, much easier to do the speed limit. If you need to slow down or stop you use the brake just like you would if you had been controlling speed with the gas pedal.
I use cruise control on any long stretch of 30MPH or more. Right foot prepared to brake. Constant speed allows for more concentration of traffic around and approaching. Great safety device.

Tags
lanes, golf, cart, traffic, morse, space, turn, roadway, safety, online, provide, county, sumter, move, widen, sufficient, left, carts, blvd, approach, forms, mob, lynch, fun, addresses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.