Morse Family " Silence "

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 05:32 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

where is john galt ?
Old 03-27-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
where is john galt ?
Atlas Shrugged :-)
Old 03-27-2020, 06:16 AM

How do you know they are not doing lots things for the businesses and their employees? From what I saw during the Hurricane they did a ton of things for their residents and community. They didn't broadcast it.... They did it behind the scenes, not looking for praise or credit, just being the exceptional caring and generous family that they have showed time & time again that they are. Quite frankly tired of the "family bashers"... I am so very GRATEFUL to the Morse family for creating this incredible place we now call home and for all the things they do and create to make this time in our lives, the best time of our life!
Old 03-27-2020, 06:24 AM

Yes the Morse family takes a percentage of the business from What I have heard. Is it a shame down or do they now owe the business help
Old 03-27-2020, 06:25 AM
Sage
Exclamation

The Morse's or for that matter any landlord has no reason to waive rent.

Any biz can get a fed loan for rent and payroll in 5 minutes from the community bank which will be forgiven under the 350 billion $$ stimulus plan.

Therefore, keeping their employees from losing their jobs and the business operating for up to 4 months, which maybe extended

What the Morse's can do is facilitate these loans thru Citizens bank on an expedited basis.

Old 03-27-2020, 06:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It's none of our business what they do our don't do for their tenants period. I swear no matter what they do or don't do there's always somebody to find something wrong with it. We retired here to enjoy the rest of our lives period. As far we're concerned this is fantastic living and have no complaints about what they're doing. Doubt there is anyplace you could go where the owners would advertise to the general public what they do or don't do. JMO
Old 03-27-2020, 06:29 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I agree. The people who want attention for what they are doing don't impress me.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:32 AM

Not everyone broadcasts what they do for people. I never tell anyone what I am doing for someone else. What is the point? If you want to help someone do it.
The Morse family has no obligation to do anything. If they want to they will but it will be no ones business but theirs. Live and let live. Enjoy the ride and let everyone else enjoy theirs. No need to wonder what others are doing. Build your own sand castle in your own sand box.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:44 AM

Ditto you statements, but always believed that the action would be inaction.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Yes the Morse family takes a percentage of the business from What I have heard. Is it a shame down or do they now owe the business help
This always impresses me when I read it in a post.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
You would think that Mark Morse and his Sister would step up and help the small business's here in " The Villages ".

They the Morse Empire have enormous wealth and surely they could at the very least voice optimism, perhaps forgive a month or two lease payments.

But at the moment silence other than their ongoing projects.

I find it really odd that they appear to be ignoring the very needs of business's who obviously need help.

They are in need of your help. Especially the very employees that they rely on to keep them going.

Look Mr. Mark Morse and Ms. Jennifer Parr I am asking you as a resident here consider some kind of help wherever that you think is needed.

Thank You.

PS: My wife & I love it here and love everything that you all do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Are you compiling a list of who is doing what and how much?
OP what is it again that you are doing?
Old 03-27-2020, 07:01 AM

Some people worry to much about everyone else's business. Worry about yourself and how you can do better, that should keep you plenty busy. If others do not do their part, they will have to answer to that from a higher being. To quote the song, " mind your own business, then you won't be minded mine" God gave you 2 legs, use them to stand on your own!
Old 03-27-2020, 07:13 AM

I agree
Old 03-27-2020, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTeri View Post
How do you know they are not doing lots things for the businesses and their employees? From what I saw during the Hurricane they did a ton of things for their residents and community. They didn't broadcast it.... They did it behind the scenes, not looking for praise or credit, just being the exceptional caring and generous family that they have showed time & time again that they are. Quite frankly tired of the "family bashers"... I am so very GRATEFUL to the Morse family for creating this incredible place we now call home and for all the things they do and create to make this time in our lives, the best time of our life!
Please let me know what they did during or after the hurricane..... I must have missed it .....
Old 03-27-2020, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
You would think that Mark Morse and his Sister would step up and help the small business's here in " The Villages ".

They the Morse Empire have enormous wealth and surely they could at the very least voice optimism, perhaps forgive a month or two lease payments.

But at the moment silence other than their ongoing projects.

I find it really odd that they appear to be ignoring the very needs of business's who obviously need help.

They are in need of your help. Especially the very employees that they rely on to keep them going.

Look Mr. Mark Morse and Ms. Jennifer Parr I am asking you as a resident here consider some kind of help wherever that you think is needed.

Thank You.

PS: My wife & I love it here and love everything that you all do.

Hey while you're at it, ask them to do away with the $250 fine for crashing through a gate in TV for the next couple of months....the folks that don't know how to drive and can't help themselves will certainly appreciate that...

Get real, the Morse family doesn't owe any small business that rents/leases property from them anything beyond honoring the lease agreement. Many of these small businesses have been "fishing in a barrel" and are enjoying consistent high sales volume, all thanks to what the Morse family has created and continues to create...

The Morse family is certainly astute enough to recognize the role that they should play with their tenants during all of this and they don't need your 'locker room advice'....

As someone else has already pointed out, conversations are most certainly happening....it's nothing that you need to involved in

unless of course you decide to kick in some of your own $$$

money talks and BS walks
Closed Thread

Tags
morse, businesss, silence, mark, love

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.