Morse Family " Silence "

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 07:25 AM

Seriously. Did you support all these businesses and shop at each one of them before this happened? It's happening everywhere not just here. The Villages is a business like any other and they also loose money when businesses go under, just like any other business owner. Stop hating them because they run their business well and make money, which by the way has allowed us all to live the wonderful lives we have here. My suggestion to you is stop shopping mega stores when this is over and start shopping local small businesses to help get them back on their feet, and when you eat out after this is over, tip big if the server deserves it, that helps a real person. Share that check the govt is sending you with small businesses, spread the wealth.
Before you say I don't know what I'm talking about, I owned several small businesses throughout my life and was helped thru several natural disasters by great and loyal customers. Share.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:25 AM

I guess we’ve grown so accustomed to those in charge congratulating themselves with constant pats on the back. Perhaps the Morse family has more class than that. Let’s hope.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
You would think that Mark Morse and his Sister would step up and help the small business's here in " The Villages ".

They the Morse Empire have enormous wealth and surely they could at the very least voice optimism, perhaps forgive a month or two lease payments.

But at the moment silence other than their ongoing projects.

I find it really odd that they appear to be ignoring the very needs of business's who obviously need help.

They are in need of your help. Especially the very employees that they rely on to keep them going.

Look Mr. Mark Morse and Ms. Jennifer Parr I am asking you as a resident here consider some kind of help wherever that you think is needed.

Thank You.

PS: My wife & I love it here and love everything that you all do.
Ssshhhhh... “If a tree in a forest falls and nobody there to hear it, did it make a sound?” Remember, people who usually best to help are the most silent...
-Keep Calm and wash your hands. Be safe ~myk
Old 03-27-2020, 08:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
You would think that Mark Morse and his Sister would step up and help the small business's here in " The Villages ".

They the Morse Empire have enormous wealth and surely they could at the very least voice optimism, perhaps forgive a month or two lease payments.

I find it really odd that they appear to be ignoring the very needs of business's who obviously need help.

They are in need of your help. Especially the very employees that they rely on to keep them going.

Look Mr. Mark Morse and Ms. Jennifer Parr I am asking you as a resident here consider some kind of help wherever that you think is needed.

Thank You.

PS: My wife & I love it here and love everything that you all do.
Cite your source for the assumption that they are not helping others. Very divisive post most probably based on ignorance of the facts. Maybe we should hear first what you are doing to help others.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:11 AM
Default Morse Empire

Yes, why haven't the Morse family made some kind of comment. Silence in this instance is not golden.

Thank You.

PS: My wife & I love it here and love everything that you all do. [/B][/QUOTE]
Old 03-27-2020, 08:12 AM

How in the world do you know what the Morse family is doing? Why do you judge people negatively? Are you a merchant in The Villages? I don't get it? What's the complaint?
Old 03-27-2020, 08:13 AM

Like me, they are deaf to every Villager! Period!
Old 03-27-2020, 08:18 AM

And how do you know they aren't helping the shop owners,? Just because they didn't tell everyone?
Old 03-27-2020, 08:37 AM

Does anyone know the contact names and numbers for commercial retail spaces in TV? Are the storefronts at Sumpter, Brownwood, Fenney managed by one or multiple leasing companies?
Old 03-27-2020, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHitch View Post
Does anyone know the contact names and numbers for commercial retail spaces in TV? Are the storefronts at Sumpter, Brownwood, Fenney managed by one or multiple leasing companies?
The Villages Commercial Properties.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:04 AM

Why do some people think the Developer is responsible for problems they did not create. Where do they come up with this idea.
The Morse family are developers, that is all. In my opinion, they are doing a good job in creating a great place to live and the benefits are there if you take advantage of them. Please share with everyone a better place to live so unhappy residents can move.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

just because you are not in any conversational loop that may be going on, isn't proof that those conversations are not going on

if you live in TV you're kind of old to be still looking for assurances from 'mommy and daddy' that things are going to work out

the Morse family is a class act...they don't need to self promote or pound their chest that they are giving back to others
Old 03-27-2020, 09:37 AM

By now, the Morse family knows how this board works. They are aware that they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. If they come out with a statement regarding their actions (or inactions), the posts will range from "woefully inadequate due to their greed", to "God bless the developer". In between you will find;

-That's nice but they could've done more
-There was no reason to do anything
-I heard from someone that it's not true
-Will I get a refund on my Amenities Fee
-Why are my amenity fees being used for this (I know it, and you know, but you gotta know it's coming)

And my favorite,

-Please provide verifiable documentation of relief actions taken, along with signed and notarized letters (on the vendors letterhead, naturally), attesting to the developers actions. Please note that vendors may be randomly contacted to verify the accuracy of the provided documents!

If I was the developer (which I am not), I wouldn't feed this fire either!
Old 03-27-2020, 09:58 AM
Default Concerned

If indeed the Morse Family is helping with the landlords with rent so they can help their workers then they should just come out and state that they are helping. This would stop the negativity. If the workers who drive from as far as Ocala and Orlando every day find a new job or move away, fifty percent of the restaurants will close!
Old 03-27-2020, 10:10 AM

Even though the Morse's are possibly the biggest developer in central Florida, I believe I've never heard them comment on any what has been said about them Pro or Con.
Closed Thread

Tags
morse, businesss, silence, mark, love

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.