USF Health Survey

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Platinum member
Default USF Health Survey

Owners will be receiving the long-awaited survey from USF Health later this week (that is, about 02/11/12).

I urge all to take the time to complete the 7-page survey. In the long run, your participation may well help the next generation of Villagers to live an even better life than we do now.

USF hopes that all 88,000 or so of us will respond. Considering that Villagers are many times more likely to take part in something as potentially game-changing as this survey, I think we should really blow away the minds of researchers by having a better than 98% return rate! :-)

Please. I am behind The Villages' partnership with USF 1,000%.

SWR
Old 02-15-2012, 02:04 PM

In the Health Survey, if they ask for suggestions on exercising and staying active, I'm going to suggest that the existing fitness centers (gyms) should be INCLUDED in the amenities. I may not play tennis or pickleball, but would use the workout machines once in a while. The other 55+ community I was interested in had a fitness center included. Even if they charged a dollar for towel service or the attendant it would much better than what they have now. I also wonder if they are going to build a new one for Sanibel or are they all supposed to go to Colony?
Old 02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
In the Health Survey, if they ask for suggestions on exercising and staying active, I'm going to suggest that the existing fitness centers (gyms) should be INCLUDED in the amenities. I may not play tennis or pickleball, but would use the workout machines once in a while. The other 55+ community I was interested in had a fitness center included. Even if they charged a dollar for towel service or the attendant it would much better than what they have now. I also wonder if they are going to build a new one for Sanibel or are they all supposed to go to Colony?
This is a health survey not a survey for wants and needs.
That survey will be coming later from the developer, there you can raise your concerns about having an attendant, etc.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

How anonymous are these surveys? I notice that each survey has a different number for each person. In this day and age I'm skeptical about giving out so much information. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Location: Little Rock AR - San Diego CA - Memphis TN - Ft Myers FL - Macon GA, Roswell GA - TV St Charles

Think the survey is an excellent idea but we were confused as there were two similar but slightly different forms in our packet. One had 51 survey questions and the other 61.....
Old 02-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Save yourself some ink and just write across it the Greek philosophy "Moderatio in all things."
Old 02-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Platinum member

duffysmom:

"Completely anonymous." That's what the folks from USF assure us. And, I am 99.9999% certain that that's true.

Yes, each survey is (will be) coded with a tracking number. Theorhetically, that number could be tracked to you, personally, BUT, it would take a dedicated and hard-working slueth to decode it.

The tracking number was assigned to be sure that the results don't expose 1,000, 100 or even 2 responses from the same number.

True, the number of surveys each home will receive was determined by an analysis of TV homeowner data. Thus, if TV records show that there are 3 people at 1234 Whatever Street, then there will be 3 surveys for that address, each with a different tracking number.

As one who once upon a time designed and administered surveys, always seeking anonimity yet completeness, I have been hugely impressed by the original design of this study.

Yes, it will ask personal questions. BUT, if any member of the research staff at USF should bother to try to identify who an individual may be, I will vouch that it will be virtually impossible to tie a particular survey response to a particular individual.

I hope that you will all set aside any confidentiality concerns.

SWR
Old 02-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
duffysmom:
"Completely anonymous."
I hope that you will all set aside any confidentiality concerns.
SWR
By definition a Tracking Number is so the response can be tracked to its source. Why else would you go to that expense to put a unique number on every survey?

Therefore it's NOT anonymous.

Skip
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

you will also note that if you get two surveys for your residence, if they are like the ones we received, they are slightly different. It doesn't matter who fills out which one. There are no questions included that could be viewed as privacy oriented....not at all. I am sure they can match up addresses and tracking numbers if they want and determine who submitted what. There is nothing personally invasive what so ever.
A very bland, plain vanilla (and boring) survey. Like all surveys, designed to get the perspective they are looking for from individuals.
And of course very TV like.

btk
Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
By definition a Tracking Number is so the response can be tracked to its source. Why else would you go to that expense to put a unique number on every survey?

Therefore it's NOT anonymous.

Skip
In gathering medical information or any information the survey would not be valid or credible if a person filled out more than one. I don't think there is any reason to worry.

I typed the above before I filled out the questionaire. I don't think there was anything on the questionaire that would cause me to worry about people tracing it to me.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al & jane View Post
Think the survey is an excellent idea but we were confused as there were two similar but slightly different forms in our packet. One had 51 survey questions and the other 61.....
I'm curious Al & Jane, how did you decide who answered the 61 question survey. Paper, scissors, rock? We haven't received our surveys yet, so I'm anticipating. I want to get it right.

Another question I have is about the deadline to return the surveys. They want them returned in a few weeks, right? If one member of the household won't be back in TV until well after the deadline, do they want the survey back even if it's late? Should I just fill it in for him? I'm sure I'm not the only one with this dilemma. Or maybe the answer to this is on the survey, and I'm just borrowing trouble...
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 02-15-2012, 11:06 PM

If someone wishes to complete the survey online, they can do so by using the tracking number in the top right corner.

If your spouse is away they can complete the survey online.

I would also think the tracking number is used to prevent someone submitting the survey both ways, online and on paper.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Platinum member

pqrstar, thanks for the info!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 02-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I just completed the survey online. No problem and I had no hesitation to answer questions because I feel that if they were really trying to track my personal information individually, they wouldn't have included the two separate surveys in a single envelope. They would have mailed the separately. Doing it the way they did, they couldn't know if it was me or my wife. Besides you can leave blank any question you don't want to answer.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

We got three different surveys. One with 58, another with 51, and the third with 68 questions.

Noticed the numbers on the surveys are 6 digit and non-sequential.

The 100000 level one is 68 questions.

The 200000 level one is 58.

While, the 300000 is 51.

I wonder if this is standard?

I will fill mine out.

Hard to trace that it was me though that filled out one of these from the pool of three we received, unless I put in something in the one I am filling out that would make me stand out in some way.

The survey does instruct you not to put in any linking information.

I may put in the suggestion that the USF Health Survey take some kind of role in getting links to Victims of Crime as well as Mental Health resources from both the 3 Villages' Sheriffs Offices' websites as well as the 3 public library websites. I doubt if they have them even though I had made some suggestions about this in the past 4 years or so.

The Villages Daily Sun even did an article (by Gary Corsair) a few years back about my efforts with the three local public library systems and the link to the Florida Victim Services Directory. http://myfloridalegal.com/directory

I remember being in a study back in San Francisco at a prominent medical school in March 1993 where the researcher had actually taken an interest in the role of libraries getting practical information to victims of crimes AFTER I had finished with the last interview. She seemed to think it was a good idea even if there was very little practical information for victims of crimes yet available. There's a great deal now.

If other TOTVers think this is a good idea to have these links from the public libraries and the sheriffs' offices, please help with the effort! The USF Health Study could make this happen and I will not stand out in the survey response pool if other TOTVers also put in this suggestion.

Some of my lack of success with other FL counties' public libraries and the link to the Florida Victims Services Directory

http://myfloridalegal.com/directory was that I was the only person actually making this suggestion. I even talked to a Pasco Co. reference librarian who had said as much point blank a number of years back.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 02-16-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.