New dishwasher

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2021, 01:18 PM
Platinum member
Default New dishwasher

My search reveals no recent postings on buying dishwashers. I think I want Bosch but am guessing we may run into the supply chain problems. Any recommendations?
Old 07-22-2021, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

LOTS of supply chain problems. We ordered one from Home Depot, they said 6 weeks, we said OK. Two days before the tentative install, they called and said "oh sorry, it's not here and we don't know when it's coming".

I'd suggest you look around and find one that is actually in-stock. We bought a lower end Frigidaire at Lowes, I wouldn't advise that but it was the only one they had. Perhaps Appliance Direct, but I don't know. Best wishes

Last edited by JohnN; 07-22-2021 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:37 PM
Veteran member

I recently replaced my dishwasher and wanted a Bosch or KitchenAid and none were available. I ended up with an LG and am very pleased so far. It is so quiet I do not even know it is running until I hear it drain!
Old 07-22-2021, 02:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

LG as well, very pleased.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:59 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,083 Times in 295 Posts

You'll probably be forced to buy Chinese. They were the only country that actually grew their economy during Covid. Odd, huh, since they started it. Almost like they had a vaccine they didn't bother to mention.

Oh, well...

I would never buy anything but Whirlpool/Kitchenaide if I had a choice. Besides the rock-solid reliability, they're ridiculously quiet and they have the silverware in the door where it should be, so it doesn't take space from the dishes. And they aren't made in China (yet).
Old 07-22-2021, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywood View Post
You'll probably be forced to buy Chinese. They were the only country that actually grew their economy during Covid. Odd, huh, since they started it. Almost like they had a vaccine they didn't bother to mention.

Oh, well...

I would never buy anything but Whirlpool/Kitchenaide if I had a choice. Besides the rock-solid reliability, they're ridiculously quiet and they have the silverware in the door where it should be, so it doesn't take space from the dishes. And they aren't made in China (yet).
We are replacing all our appliances with Bosch, had them in PA so we were sold on their products. The dishwasher is due in November. We purchased from Aggressive Appliances because we wanted a company that didn't sub out install and service and stocked parts. Also took out extended service contracts to cover costs after warranty.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-23-2021, 05:04 AM

Sears Hometown on 441
Old 07-23-2021, 05:11 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Bosch is absolutely the best. Can't even hear mine run and gets everything clean
Old 07-23-2021, 05:11 AM
Default Bosch Dishwasher

Just as a heads up, Bosch has about 120 different SKU’s in dishwashers and due to Covid are only producing approx 50. The average wait time time from order to delivery is 4 - 7 months. This is primarily due to supply chain issues mostly related to computer chips that are required to operate the entire machine. Also as a FYI average for lifespan of all dishwashers is 6 years - Bosch is still averaging over 11 years.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
My search reveals no recent postings on buying dishwashers. I think I want Bosch but am guessing we may run into the supply chain problems. Any recommendations?
Lg three rack model, very quiet and cleans very well.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:18 AM
John41

Quote:
We recently got a Kitchenaid dishwasher from Home Depot when they had a Memorial Day sale. At our lake house we have a Whirlpool. Both are good.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,556 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
You will have a problem with deliveries from everywhere. Bought a patio set in April and was told delivery wouldnt be until the end of June. I agreed to wait. Three days later, I get a call saying now its the end of July. I doubt they didnt know that when I purchased it. Again, I agreed to wait. Delivery date was today. Now its 8/5. if it doesnt arrive on the due date now, Im cancelling my order and just keeping what I have. This is Rooms to Go.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
We have a Bosch and a LG. The Bosch is quieter and the LG emits musical tunes (if you don’t like that — avoid). Both models were highly rated. Bosch still makes the quietest DW across its product line but other manufacturers have quiet models as well. If you wish to learn more about relative “quietness” here’s a good article that explains how they measure it among dishwashers and recommended noise thresholds. Also, some good quiet models like a GE are mentioned. Supply issues are the unknown variable that box stores can look up in their data base. Good luck.
What is the Quietest Dishwasher of 2021 [REVIEW w/Audible Sound Test]
Old 07-23-2021, 05:32 AM

Check AJ Madison’s website. I just got a fridge from them, delivered in a week. Good prices. If they have it in stock, win!!
Old 07-23-2021, 06:07 AM
Veteran member
Default Best

We had a bus going back twenty years because they were the quietest at the time. Sound is measured in DB levels the lower the better. We liked it a lot and then we moved we ended up with KitchenAid it lasted 4 years. ? The Bosch brand now made in America and you can feel good about that. KitchenAid owns most other brands besides LG and they have prices. After owning the most expensive how are we went to Appliance Direct and bought the cheapest under 300 horse with the stainless front well it's noisy which I knew but I'm happy happy on the cleaning. I figure if it breaks I'll just buy another cheap one and I won't bother with the repair guy
Closed Thread

Tags
problems, chain, supply, run, guessing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.