Most exclusive areas of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2020, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
There is a small community of homes on and adjacent to Lake Sumter and near LSL that has a private gate. Probably the most exclusive near or at the top in cost. I think they sold for over a million.
Village of Bridgeport also exclusive with homes over $500k.

Least exclusive The Lofts at Brownwood apartment multi family rentals. Costly but shabby. Or wait for The Tenements of Hacienda Hills multifamily apartment rentals to be completed which might be a new low.

If you buy a view home make sure the view part on the contract isn’t written in disappearing ink.
The most beautiful home in The Villages is a Ranch in Buttonwood, decorated by it's owner and my treasured friend, MaryB. Take my word for it.

I don't think living in a "Bridgeport" area amounts to a hill of beans. I bet they pull up their underpants just like everyone else.

All of us here in every Village are pretty good about doing kind and nice things for others and volunteering to help others. I LOVE this place. I bet I'll love the homes and the people at the Tenements at Hacienda Hills.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:39 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,336 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
There is a small community of homes on and adjacent to Lake Sumter and near LSL that has a private gate. Probably the most exclusive near or at the top in cost. I think they sold for over a million.
Village of Bridgeport also exclusive with homes over $500k.

Least exclusive The Lofts at Brownwood apartment multi family rentals. Costly but shabby. Or wait for The Tenements of Hacienda Hills multifamily apartment rentals to be completed which might be a new low.

If you buy a view home make sure the view part on the contract isn’t written in disappearing ink.
$500,000 homes are not really exclusive as they are very commonplace today. I'm sure there are or will be many very wealthy residents in the Lofts as well as the apartments at Hacienda Hills. I found the lofts and trillium to be in very good taste.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:48 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The most beautiful home in The Villages is a Ranch in Buttonwood, decorated by it's owner and my treasured friend, MaryB. Take my word for it.

I don't think living in a "Bridgeport" area amounts to a hill of beans. I bet they pull up their underpants just like everyone else.

All of us here in every Village are pretty good about doing kind and nice things for others and volunteering to help others. I LOVE this place. I bet I'll love the homes and the people at the Tenements at Hacienda Hills.
I’m sure your friend Mary did a great job decorating her home and it is beautiful. But the OP was asking for exclusive areas where the other half live. We don’t live in Bridgeport or any exclusive area so cant comment on how they pull up their underpants.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
Greetings everyone-

My wife and I are interested in seeing how the other half
live here in The Villages and seeking opinions of which areas are
considered the most exclusive and/or the most "expensive" areas.

Thanks for your advice.
If you really want to see some comfortable fine living at a price where you own the house, it doesn't own you then come visit the Hysterical Section! We are on the other side of Route 441 in Lady Lake.

I forget the name of the street where the Big Christmas Display was set up the first several years we were here. To me, that is how the other half lives. What a beautiful thing it was.

Good Luck cruising around. You received some great streets from other posters.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:33 PM
Veteran member

I come from a family where a "nice Sunday ride" to nowhere was a thing, so I understand the impulse. I also like looking at houses, but one thing about the $1M places is that a good part of their cost is what's in back, such as golf course or lake views. But they are pretty streets.

I'll second Nucky's recommendation for a cruise around Country Club Hills in the historic district, featuring peaceful streets and a wide display of personality!
Old 09-26-2020, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
If you really want to see some comfortable fine living at a price where you own the house, it doesn't own you then come visit the Hysterical Section! We are on the other side of Route 441 in Lady Lake.

I forget the name of the street where the Big Christmas Display was set up the first several years we were here. To me, that is how the other half lives. What a beautiful thing it was.

Good Luck cruising around. You received some great streets from other posters.
Of course...... where else would a guy with a great sense of humor live? The "Hysterical Section"
Old 09-26-2020, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Lol. tell them your surveying their compound where the apartments will go.
OK will tell them John sent me
Old 09-26-2020, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

This struck me as one of the best oxymoron questions ever posted here. Where is the better half ? Of what - a community that was built to live like a millionaire on a retirement budget. Answer - mostly on the costal communities. The folks in Naples needed a depends run after reading this one.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Lakeridge Drive in Pennecamp and Conservation Rd in Pine Hills
Oh yea! Conservation Trail in Pine Hills. Make sure you take the sideroads off C.T. We were slumming around there looking at $1.6million$ homes as they were being built but we decided to stick with our 2/2 because the taxes were as much as the cost of our entire home purchase! Beautiful area and beautiful homes. Can't imagine why anyone would need something as big as that as a "retirement home" but God bless those who can. They obviously EARNED it.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Harmeswood is where the Morse family lived before the bought the property off of 466.

Also Bridgeport Lake Miona and Bridgeport Laurel Valley are very upscale.

You can go onto the The Villages website and search homes. Generally Premier homes are located in Premier neighborhoods. So do a search for Premier homes.

I would agree, Harmeswood is probably the most unique neighborhood in TV. All the Bridgeport communities are Very nice with our favorite being Bridgeport at Lake Miona. We love the premier community around Glenview Country Club. Look for open houses in these areas.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

I'm thinking people may be mixing up Harmeswood with Hickory Head Hammock. The family still owns property there. They are both very nice.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:11 AM

Download the villages app, put in a minimum price and can view homes and areas that way. Can also pull up building lots which south of 44 can be as high as 300k for waterfront/golf course views.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:46 AM

Conservation trail off Moyer Loop. 7 figure homes
Old 09-27-2020, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

Some might value a quality that extends beyond the cost of their home itself that no one has mentioned—location, location, location! Not necessarily meaning a premier home in a premier neighborhood like the classic Harmeswood and the newer Bridgeports at Lakes Sumter and Miona.

For those who value location as convenience, the Lynnhaven Corridor is often mentioned, consisting of five villages built around the same time as Lake Sumter Landing—Lynnhaven, Bonnybrook, Ashland, Belvedere, and Tall Trees. Well settled and stable residential areas close to all manner of shopping, restaurants, banks, library, medical and dental offices (many concentrated near Laurel Manor Rec Center), veterinarians, even a terrific dog park just outside the Bubble—Doggy Do Run Run on CR-101. Easy access to CR-466, US Hwy 301, Florida’s Turnpike, and I-75, only minutes from LSL, and more. It depends on what you’re looking for—what you value most.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:14 AM

The End of Baypoint Way.
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, villages, exclusive, opinions, considered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.