Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts
Default The Preserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
Greetings everyone-

My wife and I are interested in seeing how the other half
live here in The Villages and seeking opinions of which areas are
considered the most exclusive and/or the most "expensive" areas.

Thanks for your advice.
Conservation trail off Moyer Loop. The homes at the far end that back up to the “swamp” are all some of the most expensive in TV. Two of them sold new for 2.1 and 2.3 million respectively
Old 09-27-2020, 06:40 AM
Veteran member

Interesting thread. We’ve toured many of the areas with more expensive premier homes, our question has always been, “I wonder what they did for a living?” Doctor, lawyer, top executive large business owner? Maybe someone who just loves, loves TV and has a friend(s) who has a beautiful place can shed some light on that question.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:59 AM
Default Why is Hickory Hammock’s entry restricted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Hickory Head Hammock - off Avienda behind Spanish Springs on Hacienda Hills Golf Course. Don't bother going your gate pass will not work in this exclusive Villages neighborhood.
The homes there appear to be nice from a distance, but not as high end as some others in more upscale neighborhoods. Just wonder why a regular gate pass won’t work?
Old 09-27-2020, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Hickory Head Hammock - off Avienda behind Spanish Springs on Hacienda Hills Golf Course. Don't bother going your gate pass will not work in this exclusive Villages neighborhood.
I think Hickory Head Hammock was the original Morse compound and is still very nice. I was told that Harold lived his final days in one of the villas on Hacienda Hills golf course.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Lifestyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Interesting thread. We’ve toured many of the areas with more expensive premier homes, our question has always been, “I wonder what they did for a living?” Doctor, lawyer, top executive large business owner? Maybe someone who just loves, loves TV and has a friend(s) who has a beautiful place can shed some light on that question.
You can always tell a newbie to TV. They ask " what did you do for a living?" It very seldom happens, but if your new, don't ask. It really is not important. Ask instead, "Where are you from?" I played golf with 2 guys a few times, and never knew who they were, except they were very nice guys. I later found out one guy was our State Senator, and a former Commander of a Fleet of Submarines and his buddy was a graduate of Annapolis and a former Marine Fighter Pilot. We never talked about work when we golfed, and I never asked. I found out who they were when I saw one of their pictures in the paper.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
You can always tell a newbie to TV. They ask " what did you do for a living?"
I wouldn't ask that question unless that happened to be part of the conversation. I'm not a newbie to the TV nor to the state I lived in my 68 years (we still have a home there). With that said when we see very high end homes near our North East home we wonder the same thing. Just curiosity nothing more.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:25 AM

In addition to the villages mentioned, I would add Sunset Ridge across from Cane Garden, beautiful homes and a great location.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:35 AM

Bridgeport Miona Shores contain upscale homes - some with attached RV garages - but the “exclusive” feature of this village is that it’s essentially an “island”. It’s not contiguous to any other Village property.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:41 AM

As mentioned above all Villagers (for the most part) have access to the same amenities and "lifestyle" choices. However; if it is the "homes" about which you are asking, you might try a visit to the Preserve. It is located near the end of Conservation Trail off of Moyer Loop going through the Village of Pine Hills.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:41 AM

Look for neighborhoods where there twin lamps on top of the local street light poles.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Lets Remember

Lets remember what Bob Hope once said.."A house is a hole in the ground you stand next to and throw money into". Some like big holes to throw more money into and others like medium holes and throw less money into? I honestly don't understand why some people purchase 3 and 4 thousand square feet homes when there are only 2 and 3 people? It just seems like such a waste? Just a unsolicited comment.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:44 AM

What a great response!
I often tell visitors my favorite thing about The Villages is how everyone is treated the same. I can go to one of the squares, or to any event, and sit next to someone and striking up a conversation. They can be from any area of The Villages and they're treated the same. It isn't about how much money you have here. It isn't about your former occupation. It's about the person you are now.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:04 AM
Default Other half!!!

What's good about The Villages is your so called "Other Half" live no differently then the "Other Half".
Old 09-27-2020, 08:43 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I honestly don't understand why some people purchase 3 and 4 thousand square feet homes when there are only 2 and 3 people?

a) For entertaining
b) For overnight visitors.......friends & family
c) Inlaw accommodations.
d) Maybe 3,000sf is a downsize.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Since Hickory Head Hammock was brought up, do the homeowners there pay for the private gate and the birdcage protected pool with the adjacent clubhouse ?

Last edited by Bilyclub; 09-27-2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: sp
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, villages, exclusive, opinions, considered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.