Most exclusive areas of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2020, 03:58 PM
Veteran member

If you are looking for unique neighborhoods for interesting drives definitely the Lake Shore Cottages, Harmswood, and Hickory Hammock fit the bill. (Though I don’t think you can get into Hickory Hammock)There is also a villa neighborhood you can see from the MMP that runs through the Hacienda Golf Course that looks different from all the other villa neighborhoods, with their columned fences. Chathem Acres, out near the Chathem Villas is another one of a kind neighborhood with acreage and barns. And obviously the historical area is a lovely drive to see a lot of different kind of homes.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I would go to the Morse family compound knock on the door and ask for a tour.

Let us know how it turns out.

Not good, seen old man that was walking up 466 and stopped to take break on rock ledge close to one of the entrance’s. When I came back by 10 minutes later the sheriff’s deputy’s Had him jacked up. All he was doing was resting.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Laughing. It’s not really “the other half”. It’s actually “the one percent.” But The Villages is not really about the one percent. It’s just that there is a smallish number of very expensive homes for people who can afford it yet really want to be part of The Villages lifestyle.

I have friends who live in Golden Ocala, which is primarily an elite development of only very expensive homes. I have friends who moved there six years ago. They plopped down $1 million cash for it. (Their other home is several time more and is in fox hunting country near Gordonsville, Virginia. And if you wonder where they got that money, the man opened a tire store in New Jersey and built it into a chain. And yes, he has changed a LOT of tires himself.) Anyway, they often come to The Villages to visit because “It’s so much fun,” as they say. I think they would move here, except that the wife loves horses and wants access to all the riding trails and stables.

I recommend going onto Zillow, looking up houses in The Villages, and looking at the most expensive houses for sale. They have photos of the inside. And that is something you don’t see driving past. For my money, some are beautiful and some pretty tacky, same as the rest of the homes here. There’s no accounting for taste.
Taste in the eyes of the beholder.

The horse farm in village’s have couple stick tight patch Plots for sale if the like riding around in circles?
Old 09-27-2020, 07:35 PM
Veteran member

Just say "Bridgeport" to someone from Connecticut and watch their eyes roll back in their heads...
Old 09-28-2020, 06:27 PM

There are homes down her in Soaring Eagle listed for more than a million. Some of them are very nice, as is all of Soaring Eagle.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:28 AM

Here's a couple of properties that are currently listed in the Hickory Head Hammock neighborhood:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...7864579_zpid/?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...47864581_zpid/

The description of one of them indicates that it's one of only 8 of the houses have access to the exclusive outside pool. Definitely a unique feature!
Old 09-29-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Taste in the eyes of the beholder.

The horse farm in village’s have couple stick tight patch Plots for sale if the like riding around in circles?
At least you would not get lost.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Just say "Bridgeport" to someone from Connecticut and watch their eyes roll back in their heads...
Old 09-29-2020, 10:13 PM
Default Higher end homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Some homes may cost more than others, but wonderfully there is no "other half". Everyone has the exact same lovely life style. At the squares, a retired cab driver will enjoy a conversation with the retired CEO of a large corporation but their backgrounds will never be discussed, nor do they matter.

That is one of the things I love, love, love, about this wonderful place.

There are some pretty homes on large lots in Harmeswood that is a treat to drive around. It is north of 466 off Buena Vista.
Conservation Trail in the Pine Hills area, southnof 466A is known for large and interesting homes with wonderful views on the lake and preserve. Bridgeport at Lake Miona has great lots overlooking the lake and across on the Palmer side there are fabulous viewpoints from interesting homes overlooking the golf course, Lake Sumter and Waterfront Hotel. Love playing golf there and seeing the houses, some quite unique. Osceola Hills, Soaring Eagle on Lake Deaton off Morse has very pretty newer homes with sunset views as well.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The Developer said too many mistakes were made in this area.......Houses too close, not enough garage space and not any frontage. Initially they were difficult to sell. Good news is some are happy with the area.
The Developer said........?

Tags
areas, villages, exclusive, opinions, considered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.