Most Unconscious Driver, yet !!

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post
One of the many wonderful things in TV is the friendships that are made here. Maybe the two were talking about good things OR some troubles in their lives or families. We don’t know.

But what I do know is to NOT to make fun of or light of someone else’s misfortunes.

As we age, some of us are gonna forget to do something. Let’s help each other rather than tear each other down, please.

Happy Sunday y’all!

This thread made me recall the time I drove off and forgot to close my hatch....
I guess this type of thing happens to humans every now and then!
I once heard a saying...it went something like this.
”Because we are humans we are entitled to make mistakes, and to occasionally make a fool of ourselves!”
Old 06-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Talking It's Better Than a BOGO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Imagine this two women in a Navigator, rear door open @ least 10 bags of groceries dumped along Buena Vista, kept driving & talking-would have loved to see their faces when they got to their destination
You should have stopped and done some shopping right there on Buena Vista.

Why -- all you had to do would have been to put your hazard flashers on and checked out what literally fell off the truck!

There's nothing better than a BOGO or in this case, freebies!
Old 06-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Over in Albuquerque a few years ago I was driving south on I-25 behind a pickup truck with a gas lawn mower loose in it's bed and its rear gate not up. My passenger alerted me. She said "Better pull back from that truck ahead of us, that lawnmower is going to fall out.". So, I did and it did, at about 70 mph. It was a sight to behold.

Several friends of mine have placed their purses, packages, eyeglasses and the like on the roof of their vehicle, gotten in and driven off. Sometimes the item was still up there at their destination, other times not.

I guess my point is this sort of thing can happen to anyone. Remain alert while driving.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

How is it that one can ignore the warning signals on your dash, that your door is open. I am thinking even if one tried to let them know what was going on they would have been oblivious as to the warnings. How do you never look at your rear view mirror.
Plus how safe would it be to try to dodge the ever falling of cans, and bottles.
Sorry I would have not taken a chance of trying to pass and let them know for fear of driving over their items. An error on their part does not constitute a accident on my part. Explain that to your insurance agent, I was trying to be a Good Samaritan and ran over a can that in turn was sent off to the car behind me, causing damage to my car and someone else.

Last edited by asianthree; 06-09-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

3 Million-mile safety Bonus at one point in my Truck Driving Career. Get the Point? Backed into my Golf Cart Garage at 1MPH here in The Villages with our new vehicle. That's why they call it an Accident not an On Purpose. I feel bad for the person who took the loss. Maybe they received devastating news shortly before this incident. What a shame.

Wonder why nobody posted, Come And Get Whatever was Salvageable?
Old 06-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
3 Million-mile safety Bonus at one point in my Truck Driving Career. Get the Point? Backed into my Golf Cart Garage at 1MPH here in The Villages with our new vehicle. That's why they call it an Accident not an On Purpose. I feel bad for the person who took the loss. Maybe they received devastating news shortly before this incident. What a shame.

Wonder why nobody posted, Come And Get Whatever was Salvageable?
Old 06-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post
One of the many wonderful things in TV is the friendships that are made here. Maybe the two were talking about good things OR some troubles in their lives or families. We don’t know.

But what I do know is to NOT to make fun of or light of someone else’s misfortunes.

As we age, some of us are gonna forget to do something. Let’s help each other rather than tear each other down, please.

Happy Sunday y’all!
Hey man you gotta lighten up a bit! Looking at it from the HAPPY SIDE OF THE WORLD You have to be able to see SOME humor in things that happen. We can't look at everything from the negative side. Maybe they were having a happy fun time in their car? No one was killed or injured so whatever they were doing doesn't make it less funny. If there was a video, it probably would have won a prize on America's Funniest Home Videos".

At least the vultures got a fresh dinner.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 06-09-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:06 AM
TOTV Moderator

This thread has generated several posts about dash cams. Those posts have been moved to a separate thread in Non-Villages forum titled Dash Cams. Please use that thread for further discussion of that topic.

Closed Thread

Tags
driving, talking-would, vista, buena, dumped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.