Motorcycle rider, 6:15AM Stillwater and O'Dell Circle daily

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Chaser
Default Motorcycle rider, 6:15AM Stillwater and O'Dell Circle daily

I ride too and I can appreciate a good pair of pipes. But not at 6:15AM after you've made your turn and you shift into 3rd gear very close to my bedroom windows.

Can you cut me a break brother and maybe go straight onto Morse instead of making that turn? You wake me up every morning you ride by onto Stillwater.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
I ride too and I can appreciate a good pair of pipes. But not at 6:15AM after you've made your turn and you shift into 3rd gear very close to my bedroom windows.

Can you cut me a break brother and maybe go straight onto Morse instead of making that turn? You wake me up every morning you ride by onto Stillwater.
I hear him too. He is real quiet when he leaves his house, then gears it up when he hits Stillwater.

Last edited by Trayderjoe; 10-09-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post

Oh I feel your pain. We've got one that uses a golf cart cut through from one village to another, he comes through late at night. I lay there wondering where he has been at that time of night .... or early morning

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Must be kin to the one that comes by my house on St. Charles every morning at 5:30am.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Another reason for electric carts...lol

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-03-2017, 05:54 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I have a sport car that has a little growl to it, but am very sensitive when I am out early am or late.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Must be kin to the one that comes by my house on St. Charles every morning at 5:30am.
Must be the same guy the Villages sitter used to complain about.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,920 Times in 2,446 Posts

Back in the 60s/70s we had noise control and if you Road Harley you were considered the scourge of society. Another Reason to pull you over. Now it's iconic they have straight pipes so we turn and see the Harley. Funny how foreign motorcycles can out preform Harley's in every way except status and they don't have the loud modified exhaust so we can hear them. NO Road legal vehicles should be allowed to have straight pipes period.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Back in the 60s/70s we had noise control and if you Road Harley you were considered the scourge of society. Another Reason to pull you over. Now it's iconic they have straight pipes so we turn and see the Harley. Funny how foreign motorcycles can out preform Harley's in every way except status and they don't have the loud modified exhaust so we can hear them. NO Road legal vehicles should be allowed to have straight pipes period.
A couple revving up their Harley at a boat store in Frankfort MI caused the store owner's dog sleeping nearby to go into a seizure. Harley tried at one time to trademark their exhaust noise. Japanese bike makers fought it. After six years, Harley withdrew their application.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:42 AM
Gold member

1) straight pipes are illegal...nationwide. 2)when the bikes come out of the factory they actually have an exhaust and muffler installed that are no where near as noisy 3) only clowns, inconsiderate idiots and those who have zero respect for others ride bikes intended to be loud....some sort of small genital thing...

If you want the noise to be addressed you have to notify police of a disturbing the peace issue as they will not address loud exhaust issues. Their excuses are numerous and lame.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Honda motorcycles are much better mechanically that Harleys and have far less repairs needed.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Chaser

I believe my message in a bottle was received. Brother, just wanted to say with great gratitude, thank you very much for your kindness and thoughtfulness. God bless you!
Old 10-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Chaser

I guess I spoke too soon. My 6:15 loud pipe motorcyclist alarm clock has returned, the last two days. With all due respect, could you please be conscientious of a fellow Villager? Either continue straight on Odell circle to Morse Blvd or drive a less loud vehicle past my bedroom windows at 6:15AM? I already deal with insomnia. 4-6AM is about the only time I am able to sleep. It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-12-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Veteran member
Default Noise

[QUOTE=fred53;1456710]1) straight pipes are illegal...nationwide. 2)when the bikes come out of the factory they actually have an exhaust and muffler installed that are no where near as noisy 3) only clowns, inconsiderate idiots and those who have zero respect for others ride bikes intended to be loud....some sort of small genital thing...

Hi, we hear him early in the am, too. Well noise is an item now for sure. We walked out of the theater during Dunkirk. We had a Harley, or it had us. Loud pipes? When we had ours, we had friends who would knock out the baffles in the mufflers to make more noise. Finally we sold that useless overpriced, undependable piece of whatever on two wheels. Note how so many have to pop the throttle while coasting, it is way of life.
It would be nice if folks could respect others more. But sorry for the rant, Please excuse.
Closed Thread

Tags
turn, ride, 615am, brother, bedroom

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.