Motorcycle rider, 6:15AM Stillwater and O'Dell Circle daily

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2017, 01:44 PM
Sage

I can relate somewhat to the OP. When we still lived "up north" our across the street neighbors had Harley's. For some reason they thought it was a great idea to start them up (revving) and then let them idle until they left the house. Like early morning around 4:30 or 5:00 a.m. I wrote them a letter, placed it in their mailbox AND signed it as I felt it was proper to do that. They stopped this new "habit"!!! I said something in effect, that while they loved to ride these to work it wasn't friendly or thoughtful to do this to their neighbors. Our b.r. window was kitty-corner from their drive-way....it was summer...we had our windows opened. I hope the OP can find a peaceful resolution to this conundrum.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Chaser

I appreciate the kind words.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Sage
Default Motorcycle rider, 6:15AM Stillwater and O'Dell Circle daily

Any Harley motorcyclist will counter with the phrase “ loud pipes save lives “. It does make sense to them and they want others to agree. I say, if you care about your life that much, don’t ride a motorcycle. Makes sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Any Harley motorcyclist will counter with the phrase “ loud pipes save lives “. It does make sense to them and they want others to agree. I say, if you care about your life that much, don’t ride a motorcycle. Makes sense to me.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Veteran member

Obviously this knucklehead doesn't care , Ignorant, Stupid etc. You are all screwed
Old 10-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Gold member

I ride Harley Davidson motorcycles and I love the loud (not straight unbaffled) pipes. Been riding 51 years and I was a Certified Rider Coach for 5 years. The nasty comments about us riders come from unhappy people who want everyone to think and act like them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Obviously this knucklehead doesn't care , Ignorant, Stupid etc. You are all screwed

"knucklehead" Nicely played.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
...The nasty comments about us riders come from unhappy people who want everyone to think and act like them...
You really don't think being woke up by loud noises early in the morning has anything to do with it?
Old 10-13-2017, 09:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I ride Harley Davidson motorcycles and I love the loud (not straight unbaffled) pipes. Been riding 51 years and I was a Certified Rider Coach for 5 years. The nasty comments about us riders come from unhappy people who want everyone to think and act like them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seriously, you love loud pipes and you want everyone to love loud pipes ? If they don’t, that makes them unhappy ?
Reread what you wrote.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:24 AM
Chaser

Seriously, try working on your reading comprehension. You can start with basic time telling. So for your "re-read": I'm making a request. A sincere one. Now go back to your studies and take your nonconstructive cynicism to another thread.

Last edited by Chaser; 10-13-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:27 AM
Chaser

I agree. There's no need for them and they are uncalled for. I most certainly did not create the thread for the negativity. Some of you need to lighten up. I'm just asking a fellow Villager for some 6:07-6:15 consideration. This post has served its purpose. I won't be coming back to read or reply anymore. For those that understood, thank you.

For the record: I am a patched member of a national public safety chartered m/c, up until I moved to Florida. I owned a 1700cc V-twin with stage 2 pipes. Cool pipes are part of the image. But no pipes, noisy included, "save lives". But as a life long riding enthusiast I am also considerate of my neighbors. This thread has served it's purpose. I won't be back to reply or read from it. There are two constants that are present in this situation where I can address this matter on my own.

Ride safe friends.

Last edited by Chaser; 10-13-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

The garbage truck wakes me up twice a week also at 6:15. I don't mind though as it's time to get up anyway while it's still cool outside. I enjoy early morning dog walks before others are out there and tea on the lanai before sunrise when we get back.. That will all change in a couple weeks when we set back the clocks.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
I ride too and I can appreciate a good pair of pipes. But not at 6:15AM after you've made your turn and you shift into 3rd gear very close to my bedroom windows.

Can you cut me a break brother and maybe go straight onto Morse instead of making that turn? You wake me up every morning you ride by onto Stillwater.
Good that you don't live on a golf course and have to listen to the noisy mowers going back and forth every morning 15 minutes before the bike wakes you.
Closed Thread

Tags
turn, ride, 615am, brother, bedroom

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.