Move over

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Founder
Default Move over

The Florida Senate has passed a bill that will make it illegal to stay in the left lane on multi lane highways. It passed 37 to 1. It now goes to the house where a similar bill has already been introduced.

Man, the police will have a field day handing out tickets. There is nothing that drives me crazier than drivers that doddle in the left lane. They use it like it's the only lane available.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
The Florida Senate has passed a bill that will make it illegal to stay in the left lane on multi lane highways. It passed 37 to 1. It now goes to the house where a similar bill has already been introduced.

Man, the police will have a field day handing out tickets. There is nothing that drives me crazier than drivers that doddle in the left lane. They use it like it's the only lane available.
hallejujah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

So, when will they make it a law that big rigs have to stay in the right-hand lane unless passing? It scares me to no end to have big rigs in every lane. (But about time for this law, not that I've ever seen it do a bit of good, at leasst not in California.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default I couldn't agree with you more Talk Host

My favorite comment, "Well, I'm doing the speed limit", and I say "Do it, in the RIGHT lane", it is not up to the individuals to police the roads, as you say, MOVE OVER....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post

Old 04-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Gold member

My favorite is the driver that enters the highway and makes a beeline for that left lane, then drives at 55.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 PM

So the left lane can't be used as a travel lane?? Ever?? There's got to be more to it than that.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
So the left lane can't be used as a travel lane?? Ever?? There's got to be more to it than that.
I think it means people can no longer picnic in the fast lane. It can only be used as a passing lane.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
My favorite comment, "Well, I'm doing the speed limit", and I say "Do it, in the RIGHT lane", it is not up to the individuals to police the roads, as you say, MOVE OVER....
JEB...

I agree - but only if the person in the left lane is passing another vehicle. As long as they are passing someone they have every right to be there - they shouldn't be inconvenienced by drivers who want to exceed the speed limit...

JMHO

k
Old 04-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Veteran member

My pet peeve is the 18 wheeler that pulls into the left lane to pass another 18 wheeler but won't speed up enough to make the pass and winds up going down the road side by side for miles while traffic backs up behind him. I would love to hear from some of our retired over the road drivers as to why some truckers do this.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

What? There wasn't a "Failure to Keep Right" law in Florida? If there was, then why the new law. If they didn't enforce the failure to keep right law, then what good does a new law do?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
My favorite is the driver that enters the highway and makes a beeline for that left lane, then drives at 55.
This is done on Buena Vista & Morse Blvd all the time....only they go 25 MPH!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sky, there wasn't a law requiring anyone to stay in the right lane except to move over for emergency vehicles.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-06-2011, 06:42 PM

i call em mouth breathers - and the u.s. is full of them. easily recognized by hands on ten and two on the steering wheel and gaping open mouths. they haven't got a clue. it's about time florida.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
My pet peeve is the 18 wheeler that pulls into the left lane to pass another 18 wheeler but won't speed up enough to make the pass and winds up going down the road side by side for miles while traffic backs up behind him. I would love to hear from some of our retired over the road drivers as to why some truckers do this.
I think these drivers make a bad decision on when to pass. There may be a slight uphill grade that means nothing to us in our cars but slows the trucker ever so slightly so passing takes forever. They may have just heard on the CB radio that there is a trooper up ahead so they are creeping by to not look to obvious. Or maybe they just aren't paying attention to the traffic around them - or worse yet - they don't care.

Then again, I have been driving RV's of one kind or another for over 16 years and sometimes you innocently get into a situation that you wish you had avoided.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

How can that law be enforced when one MUST drive in the far left lane to make a left turn off of Rte 441 and any of these divided, dual lane roads????? Just askin'....

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.