Movie Go'ers. "What's In YOUR Purse?"

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Sage

When going to the movies, I think it's always going to be easy to conceal guns and snickers. Perfume, that's another thread.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:41 PM
Gold member

Here is my take on this whole searching thing to get into the theater.

As usual american freaks out and over reacts when ever a tragedy happens. They do not take the time to think things out and come up with a knee jerk reaction like lets blame a Flag or blame Guns.

First of all the person doing the search is highly unqualified for such a process.

Second - you will have to show up 2 hours early to see a movie if it is busy. The are not going to have metal detecters or scanners.

Third - do they not realize that there are many many ways to conceal a firearm! Ask anyone who conceal carries. Not to mention
when was the last time a woman carried a gun in her purse and shot up a movie theater.

Fourth - the lawyers are going to have a field day if anything should happen at a theater that searches you. They will argue that you had a reasonable expectation that the theater would be safe. After all you were searching for firearms.

The best thing they could do is post a sign that licensed concealed carry holders are welcome here! When you show your ticket stub you will also have to show your CCP card if you are carrying. I would feel safer knowing there are people there who could defend against a crazy person who tried anything. Guarantee the guy would go to a different theater if he/she thought there possibly CCP folks in there. Crazy people like that LOVE gun free zones! It is like shooting fish in a barrel so to speak.

I myself would not go to a Regal Theater. Sure hope the Village theaters do not get carried away!
Closed Thread

Tags
movie, theater, bags, backpacks, goers, brought, arms, fire, harm, common, knowledge, raises, question, pocketbook, refreshments, patrons, smuggle, intending, people, announced, chain, purse, search, tonight, deterrent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.