Movie Pass App

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Default Movie Pass App

Does anyone use this app to see movies? I did a search on their site and it can be used at all three Village theaters. I can see the pros and reviews I have read are pretty good. For those of you that use it, any cons? It almost seems like if it sounds to good to be true.....
Old 10-14-2017, 01:34 PM
Sage

Cost?
Old 10-14-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Cost?
Cost is $9.95 per month for one person. For that price you can attend one movie a day, every day that month. From what I am understanding, they send you a MC debit card, when you get to the theater you check in with the app on your phone. After you check in they will forward the money to the debit card which you then use to pay for the movie. I believe you have to be within 100 yards of the theater and have the gps enabled on your phone. Website is MoviePass - Watch New Movies in Theaters. On the bottom of the page are the FAQ's.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:31 PM

It works as advertised - I see no cons. I'm on my 2nd month.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

I don't have it.........neighbor does and loves it.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:34 AM
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sralph99 View Post
It works as advertised - I see no cons. I'm on my 2nd month.
The original poster on fb answered some questions for us. The only complaint I saw was cards not being delivered in a timely manner. Cannot imagine those people would not have realized that would happen when the price went from $50 down to $10. We will be signing up and will patiently await for our cards to come in the mail. See you at the movies!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:26 AM

Enjoy while you can. According to a various news reports:

The subscription price of $9.95 might be great for customers, but MoviePass has to pay its partner movie theatres the full-ticket price, which can cost more that $10. Multiply that by the fact that a subscriber is allowed to watch one movie a day and MoviePass starts losing money the moment any subscriber watches two or more movies a month.

The shares of its majority owner Helios & Matheson collapsed due to questions about the service. According to Bloomberg, MoviePass auditors were expected to warn Helios about their substantial doubts that the startup could continue as a going concern.

It turns out to be true that you cannot lose money on every transaction and make it up in volume!

But for now, really good deal
Old 10-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Sage

Its great as long as you can find a movie thats worth going to==last movie we saw was Dunkirk
Old 10-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

I got my card three weeks ago and have seen five movies using it here in The Villages in that time. Granted, not all the movies were GREAT, but at $2 a pop, I thought they were all worth seeing and not much more than eventually renting them on Blu-ray from Redbox would be. And while I've got a pretty good TV and surround-sound system, my home theater pales in comparison to an actual theater, especially the pretty decent ones at Brownwood and Lake Sumter (sorry, Spanish Springs, but your non-stadium seating makes it hard to find you worthy).
Closed Thread

Tags
app, good, read, pretty, sounds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.