Moving company from NY to TV??

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Sage
Default Moving company from NY to TV??

I know there have been threads on this subject before but I haven't seen where anyone gave their opinion on moving from New York to TV. We are looking for a reliable moving company. Anyone have any opinions? I know there is Allied, Mayflower and United in this area but have had no experience with any of them. I've heard of so many horror stories. Please help!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Default moving

I had a problem with Bekins
Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 PM

Call on time moving and storage...Linda and Vinnie recommend...904.794.1200.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 PM

We moved from upstate NY (Binghamton area) and used ABF U-Pack Moving. We hired movers in NY to load and here in the Villages to help us unload. We did not bring much furniture so only used two relocubes. Even with paying the movers the total cost was under $3,000.

They were terrific to work with and the cubes arrived a day earlier than scheduled.

I would highly recommend them.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:26 PM

We have used On Time a few times back and forth to Long Island.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Sage

Thank you.....
Old 01-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Sage
Default ABF Upack movers

Patandbob, I'm confused. You said you hired movers to move you from NY to TV. Wasn't that the ABF Upack company? Do they come and drive your stuff to TV from NY? We aren't moving much furniture either, but a fair amount of boxed stuff.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Default Suddath Movers

The Villages have their own movers. A moving consultant came today to go over everything and tomorrow we will get a price. Moving from Staten Island, New York in March. Our stuff will have to be in storage for a month or 2 and I would rather have our things in The Village storage as we can go and get what we want. Hopefully the price will not be insane!!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Default North American in Glens Falls

Hi Happinow- We just moved from Saratoga to TV and we used North American Van Lines on Big Boom Rd. in Glens Falls. They were great. They packed our stuff and kept it in storage in GF and then brought it to TV directly from GF. Try giving Jan a call. We found them wonderful to work with! Absolutely nothing broken!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Sage

Pj cd thanks. Someone else on Facebook recommended them too. We will be down there before our furniture so they can deliver it right to our house, where did you build or did you buy one already built?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM

We closed on our Lantana in Sanibel on Dec. 12th! Still living with boxes and looking for more furniture since we gave most of our to our kids before we moved!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I know there have been threads on this subject before but I haven't seen where anyone gave their opinion on moving from New York to TV. We are looking for a reliable moving company. Anyone have any opinions? I know there is Allied, Mayflower and United in this area but have had no experience with any of them. I've heard of so many horror stories. Please help!
I had a moving company Don Farr Moving & storage out of Pittsburgh. area. They were great! Came on time and were very careful both loading and unloading my stuff. Whatever they took apart, they also will put back together at the other end. NOTHING WAS BROKEN!!! Our things were in storage for over two months. A friend of mine had them move her to Fl. and recommended them to us.They do go to 48 states also. I can't find my paperwork with all my unpacking. You can google them.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:03 AM

Does On time move from Mass to TV
Also, any idea of the costs involved?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Patandbob, I'm confused. You said you hired movers to move you from NY to TV. Wasn't that the ABF Upack company? Do they come and drive your stuff to TV from NY? We aren't moving much furniture either, but a fair amount of boxed stuff.
Sorry I wasn't clear. With ABF Upack company, all they supply is the relocubes. They deliver the relocubes to your home and then you are responsible for loading them. We hired two movers from a company ABF recommended to load the heavy items but we did boxes, etc ourselves.

After the cubes are loaded, ABF picks them up and transports them to your new home. We then hired movers from around the Villages to help us unload and when done, ABF came back to pick up the cubes.

Except for being physically exhausting, it was easy peasy.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatandBob View Post
Sorry I wasn't clear. With ABF Upack company, all they supply is the relocubes. They deliver the relocubes to your home and then you are responsible for loading them. We hired two movers from a company ABF recommended to load the heavy items but we did boxes, etc ourselves.

After the cubes are loaded, ABF picks them up and transports them to your new home. We then hired movers from around the Villages to help us unload and when done, ABF came back to pick up the cubes.

Except for being physically exhausting, it was easy peasy.
Ah...now I got it. Sounds back breaking though! I think I want someone to load the boxes on the truck. I have a touchy back and packing the boxes will be all I can handle. We are also transporting a vehicle, so hoping all can be transported in one truck.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.