Moving from Out of State, logistics

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2019, 10:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Very good advice. Particularly the Bargains and Treasures which is on 466 near 301. They only take furniture in good condition and we certainly used them and bought from them furnishing our first home here. They always have lots of nice tables and chairs. Maybe your agent could drive you there. They deliver.
Not on 466 but the road runs parallel to 466. I believe that they are on CR 106.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I plan on being a golf-cart commuter *primarily* so being able to find my way around in a golf cart before we make the actual final physical move in a few months is pretty important.
Sounds like you've got everything well organized!

If you haven't already, you might check out the Villages GPS app; it includes directions for the multi-modal paths.

Last edited by queasy27; 02-22-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Situation:
Closing in 2 weeks.
Flying down from the northeastern.
Taking possession closing day.
NOT actually moving in for a couple more months.
No hired moving van.
Buying air mattress so we don't sleep on the floor.
No rental car, though we'll have a golf cart (rented), hopefully one purchased, within the first day there.

Staying only a week total.

I'll have no table, no chairs, no furniture, nothing but an air mattress and sheets and blanket for it.

How does utility transfer happen? I mean, the electric company will likely need to know that we do, in fact, now own the property before they can switch it to our name. Is it instantaneous? Is a phone call made during the closing meeting?

How do I get a table and chairs delivered to my new house during the few days I'm there to receive them, and not have to sit there 24/7 so I don't miss the delivery truck? And what happens if they have a hiccup and can't deliver until I've already gone back north?

How am I going to get to the shuttle from wherever I am? If we buy a golf cart while we're there, I can't just leave it in Sumter Landing for a month. But if I leave it at my new home, how will I get to the airport shuttle?

I'm having panic attacks over the logistics of this. It's all happening so fast, but it's also happening so slow (we don't actually move until our house up north is sold, and it doesn't even go on the market til June).

Again - we won't be hiring a moving company to move stuff. We'll be bringing it down in our pickup with a couple of different trips. The final trip - we'll stay, and that'll be that. We are flying down ONLY for the week to close on the sale, and staying a few days to hopefully buy a golf cart, a table and chairs for the dining area.
Are you still in need of advice or suggestions?
If so, what are your remaining concerns?
I've read all your posts in this thread and it seems your current plans have everything expressed in your original post covered.
Closed Thread

Tags
moving, closing, table, company, chairs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.