Moving to St Catherine

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Default Moving to St Catherine

Good Morning all....moving to St Catherine late June and we are looking for recommendations for the following services:

Lawn Care (Mowing, Edging, Feeding, etc)
Pest Control

We have yet to meet any of our neighbors so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-10-2021, 09:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Here’s a good place to start

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...directory-218/
Old 06-10-2021, 09:25 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkingab View Post
Good Morning all....moving to St Catherine late June and we are looking for recommendations for the following services:
Pest Control
We have yet to meet any of our neighbors so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
There are a handful of good providers.
There are many threads on this board about providers.
I've used Fertigator for almost 10 years...........which is a great run.
I would recommend waiting until you get here and ask your neighbors.
(U will have time)
Providers love doing a group of lots.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Providers love doing a group of lots.
Exactly, we got the best quote by far from the lawn service already mowing our immediate neighbors yard, probably takes them all of 2-3 minutes more to do our lawn also.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkingab View Post

Pest Control

My opinion, ask your neighbors. Reason stuff like mowing, these people try to stay in one area to avoid time and expense of running all over the villages.

Beware of people that insist you contract for a year and pay in advance. We are easy customers. If, they leave stuff behind, I rake it up-no big deal. We always pay on time.
In nine years we've had three different mower guys. One just disappeared first week of the month and he had been paid for the month-thieft. The second one, family issues, he was honest enough to return the money that he did not earn. Now on the third one.
Quality of work, he is the worst of the three.

Bushes, weeding, fertilizing I do my own. This is Florida. If, you can find someone to weed and they do a good job, two or three days after they leave, you will find new weeds

Moving in two weeks. My personal experience, I was still packing when the moving van showed up. Hopefully you are more organized.

Assuming all is new, your timing is good. It has been very dry. Now the rain is picking up. More important than fertilizing, cutting, insect control is proper watering. Newly planted stuff has limited and damaged roots. If, you ask someone will find something to sell you. You should wait at least a month before fertilizing anything. For that matter
it would be great if you can find out what has been planted so you can look up proper care. We bought our home new. None of the plants were labled.

I do not think they will do it. Soil in most of the villages is sandy clay. It is like growing plants, a lawn on cement. Proper preparation is to add organic matter and it should be rototilled in as I said I expect as we experienced they will refuse to do it. Doing it after planting is far more work and far less effective. A soil test is a good idea. The full test is like $20. Just PH is like $7.00.

Movers. If as we experienced, we had like 250 boxes they dumped them all into a pile in the living room and asked me to sign, delivery receipt, that I received them all. Fortunately though they objected, I put on the delivery document that they refused to wait while I inspected the goods and counted the number of boxes. They deliberately put damaged boxes under other boxes. Two boxes were not there. Had I signed their form I would not have been able to collect on the replacement insurance that I paid extra for.
Old 06-11-2021, 06:54 AM

Hello neighbor! I will be in SC shortly after you. Have you found the Facebook group? You can find out who your nearest neighbors are/will be in there. :-)
Old 06-11-2021, 07:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

When we moved into Osceola Hills five years ago, we were warned to not use the lawn service Service Smart. When one of their representatives came by a day after we moved in, we told them to leave.

Since then, I think they have changed their name to Good Neighbor, or something like that. I recall people in Fenney complaining about them on this forum.
Closed Thread

Tags
moving, catherine, feedback, neighbors, greatly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.