moving to the villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2018, 06:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpodell View Post
Do I really need to rent for few months before I buy? When I retire, I won't have the income showing to get a mortgage. I thought I would look around during my visit in January and maybe even look at some foreclosures.
Any advice, or does anyone know someone ready to sell in July, 2019????
How will you know you will like the area? Try renting for a few days or weeks now. VH4R Home Rentals in The Villages
I think you should get the mortgage before you retire but ask your lenders what happens if you delay your purchase to after you retire and will they still make the loan.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:59 PM
Veteran member

I'd heard a lot of folks recommend doing the one-week "lifestyle preview" and heard some folks recommending renting for a few months. Both seemed like good advice as moving to a strange town for this new adventure of retirement is pretty daunting. However, after thinking long and hard about what we wanted in a retirement community, after doing much online research, after visiting several other retirement communities and after visiting The Villages three times over three years (never staying more than a night or two), we just decided that The Villages was just plain right for us and bought a house. After living here now for nearly two years, we still love the house, love our neighbors and love living in The Villages. The place isn't a perfect fit for everybody (no place is), but it sure is right for us!
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, foreclosures, january, ready, sell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.