Mulberry dog park to shut down

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 03:28 PM
Veteran member
Default Mulberry dog park to shut down

the other paper has say that they are going to shut down the dog park because of ...... dog poop . whats next mail stations.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
the other paper has say that they are going to shut down the dog park because of ...... dog poop . whats next mail stations.
This is about Mulberry Dog Park up near Nancy Lopez Country Club.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

actually a threat to shut it down

Villages officials are threatening to shut down a dog park here in Florida’s Friendliest Hometown.
The Mulberry Dog Park, located in Community Development District 4 in the Marion County section of The Villages, was opened several years ago.
However, the Amenity Authority Committee put conditions on the dog park.
The dog owners who came forward to request the dog park had promised they would take care of it.
But that’s not happening.

There is reportedly conflict between small dogs and large dogs, Villagers going to the park are taking home the supply of unused poop bags purchased through the AAC and dog owners are not cleaning up after their dogs.
“We are very disappointed they have not lived up to their side of the agreement,” said AAC member Ann Forrester.
So dog owners in that section of The Villages could lose the dog park.
“We may close it for 30 days and see what happens,” said AAC Chairman Carl Bell.
There is a difference between the Mulberry Dog Park and other dog parks in The Villages.
Those dog parks were part of the planned development. Mulberry Dog Park was not and was created by the AAC with the condition that the residents take care of it.
Another Villages official suggested other dog parks are also falling short of expectations.

“A lot of our dog parks are in pretty bad shape,” said Community Development District 2 Supervisor Bill Schikora.

Sounds to me like there are some entitled dog owners who don't clean up and also others that steal the poop bags, but reading the comments sounds like some say there is no problem.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:34 PM

I always carry my own bags to clean up after my dog. Outside the villages, I find that some owners bag the poop, but then leave the filled bag behind. Are they thinking there is some sort of "poop fairy" that collects these? or are they planning to get it on the return trip, but then take a different path home?

I hope this all does not result in village-wide DNA database of poop
Old 01-15-2018, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

once again because of the few that don't follow the rules...the majority is to be punished.

That minority gets us old folks a bad reputation.
Stealing poop bags....really.
Not picking up after your dog?

Too bad there is not a way to ID these inconsiderate elderly riff raff.

The majority is about to lose another one.

Also shame on the good guys who see the bad guys and don't say anything to them.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
once again because of the few that don't follow the rules...the majority is to be punished.

That minority gets us old folks a bad reputation.
Stealing poop bags....really.
Not picking up after your dog?

Too bad there is not a way to ID these inconsiderate elderly riff raff.

The majority is about to lose another one.

Also shame on the good guys who see the bad guys and don't say anything to them.
or as I call them...... "the guys that don't want to get shoot!" If they fight over a chicken what would they do over a dog?
Old 01-16-2018, 06:37 PM

Come on! Thrilled are the folks who dislike dogs and their peeps, but, close it for 30 days?
WHY???
I NEVER leave poop on the ground. I pick up stray poops and I am POSITIVE that others do the same.
There are inconsiderate, entitled folks who think their dogs poops don't stink or require their effort to pick it up, but, other visitors to the park call them out and force the issue.
What else is required? Do we need to mow the lawn? I, for one, clean the fountain when I go so the water isn't in a filthy basin. It becomes apparent that others do the same.
Stealing bags? this I have not witnessed in my 5+ years there. I am not there 24/7 but often enough.
What EXACTLY does the AAC want?
Post your note and be fair. Many users have NO IDEA that there is/was a problem.
\What precisely are the problems?
In fairness, we need to know. We deserve a chance.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:25 PM

There must be a problem or they would not be saying there going to close it for 30 days. We walk our dog at the Polo Fields and see it every day Dogs off Leash and poop not being picked up. There are signs posted telling People to leash and pick up after Your dog but I guess We live in the Villages We dont have to follow rules. When they close off the Polo Grounds again like they have in the past these People will be the first to complain and wonder why, they will blame it on the Morris Family. I for one Thank them and enjoy having this place to walk Our dog.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, shut, park, poop, stations.censored

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.