Multi-car accident at Morse & 466

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2019, 09:20 PM

The left turn signal going east at 466 and Rolling Acres is now a blinking red arrow. Someone listened.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:03 PM
Sage

I gather the accident was after dark last night. No one mentions that the weather might have made the roads slick since it rained yesterday. Also, sometimes the "blind spot" will catch someone who isn't looking when they change lanes and if other cars are close on the tail of one it makes for a crash-bang. I still say folks bring their driving habits with them here. In reading 2 of the posts here---that proves it (the 2 from Long Island). We have friends from further up the eastern coast who tell how bad (good??) it is in the large cities. One friend said if you aren't aggressive---you'll get killed. Well that statement probably has more truth to it than anything. Being aggressive can be fatal too. I just try to remember my driver's education classes and also drive according to the speed limits plus the signage....couple that with being attentive and careful.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Every time there is an accident we get a 5 page thread. Moderators should create a single master car accident thread titled: "There was an accident at___________" then copy all of the comments from it each time a new accident is "announced" in the thread. It's not like The Villages are the only place accidents occur. They do "accidentally" happen outside the bubble all the time as well.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:04 AM

You are right- many people in the villages are in a big hurry. They can't wait for a car to pass, instead pull out in front of on coming traffic.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Every time there is an accident we get a 5 page thread. Moderators should create a single master car accident thread titled: "There was an accident at___________" then copy all of the comments from it each time a new accident is "announced" in the thread. It's not like The Villages are the only place accidents occur. They do "accidentally" happen outside the bubble all the time as well.
The Forum is here for people to post what they have on their mind like the OP did. I didn't see any personal attack or back and forth with another poster that caused anyone to quit the Forum. Each time this happens it is a reminder for everybody to shape up and calm down behind the wheel. Happy New Year to you and the family!
Old 12-30-2019, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry Let's Agree

Let's agree, the intersection's are dangerous because a lot of the driver's are bad. Either because they go too fast, don't know how to drive, have physical problem's which cause them to be bad drivers, (e.g. vision, physical, etc.). The laxness of controls is because the Sheriff is understaffed therefore not enough staff to control the problems of 466 or the Sheriff does not place enough Deputy's on that priority. The other contribution is poor traffic control, (lights, lanes etc.). NET: Something has to be done to
establish better control's for this RACEWAY.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:00 AM
Sage

So, doing 52-53 in a 45 is not being on a raceway--its way better than doing 40 in the left lane & backing up traffic, which will cause multiple car accidents
Old 12-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The Forum is here for people to post what they have on their mind like the OP did.
The OP posted NO OPINION (post copied below), just a news report. S/he just announced s/he saw an accident. Didn't even suggest a reason or at least complain about old people driving too fast or slow. But based on your comment, that was EXACTLY what I did. I posted what I had on my mind about the endless "there was an accident" posts like accidents only happen around here. PLUS I had 2 "smilies" after my post so I was just bustin' chops. KnowwhatImean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
At 5:30 we were turning south onto Morse from 466 and witnessed several cars piled up eastbound at Morse Blvd. One car was crunched both front and back. Several had damage. Emergency squad was not there when we turned but hopefully there are no serious injuries.
Quote:

Last edited by EdFNJ; 12-30-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
The OP posted NO OPINION (post copied below), just a news report. S/he just announced s/he saw an accident. Didn't even suggest a reason or at least complain about old people driving too fast or slow. But based on your comment, that was EXACTLY what I did. I posted what I had on my mind about the endless "there was an accident" posts like accidents only happen around here. PLUS I had 2 "smilies" after my post so I was just bustin' chops. KnowwhatImean?
IthinkIgotit! Thank's Carnac the Magnificent!

Most people from up north don't joke.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:47 AM
Sage

There are lots of posters on this site that possess Phd's in chops busting
Old 12-30-2019, 04:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Wink For Naysayer's

OK Naysayers. Is there any chance any of you can have one positive thought or creative idea. Example: Is 466 having more than normal accidents or incidents? Do you have any feeling on this? I live just off the road and I do.It is not a negative thought but an observation. Now that we got over that do you have any idea for a solution. If it is Policing is it because the Sheriff is not getting enough resources or can't do the job. Not negative but rather an idea related to a possible solution. Next: Is it the profile of the road and it's traffic lay out. Again a positive direction to a possible solution? Now see that is not hard to do and may lead to helping reducing one or more accidents. Why waste your energy by just taking negative and angry shots at posters who are sincere at trying to fix a problem. Saying it may not be a problem is also positive. Now that is not hard!

Last edited by PennBF; 12-30-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
OK Naysayers. Is there any chance any of you can have one positive thought or creative idea. Example: Is 466 having more than normal accidents or incidents? Do you have any feeling on this? I live just off the road and I do.It is not a negative thought but an observation. Now that we got over that do you have any idea for a solution. If it is Policing is it because the Sheriff is not getting enough resources or can't do the job. Not negative but rather an idea related to a possible solution. Next: Is it the profile of the road and it's traffic lay out. Again a positive direction to a possible solution? Now see that is not hard to do and may lead to helping reducing one or more accidents. Why waste your energy by just taking negative and angry shots at posters who are sincere at trying to fix a problem. Saying it may not be a problem is also positive. Now that is not hard!
Post #6
The blinking yellow left turn arrow. If both left turn lanes have cars, the ability to see thru traffic is blocked.
Changing the yellow arrow to red would contribute to a safer intersection.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Post #6
The blinking yellow left turn arrow. If both left turn lanes have cars, the ability to see thru traffic is blocked...
I'm not saying it's ideal, but if you enter the intersection properly, you can see far enough to make a left turn safely. Or, here is the really fool-proof and totally legal option...

Enter the intersection on the flashing yellow arrow in the proper manner. If you don't think you can see far enough to make a safe left turn, then you simply wait until the light turns red. Then you have the right-of-way to complete your left turn...all perfectly legal and safe.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:48 PM
Sage

And or you see all the oncoming traffic coming to a complete stop, in Fl traffic lights are just a suggestion
Old 12-30-2019, 04:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Post #6
The blinking yellow left turn arrow. If both left turn lanes have cars, the ability to see thru traffic is blocked.
Changing the yellow arrow to red would contribute to a safer intersection.
Especially if the vehicle in the opposite turn lane has a large profile like a van or large SUV or pickup, school bus or even a semi.
Closed Thread

Tags
morse, turned, front, serious, squad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.